Another Mage Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Ziggy, May 28, 2015.

1. Hendar2 Augur

There is no per-server code.

Plus, I remember when pets could pull.
  2. Naelbis Elder

I remember when mages weren't allowed to bring pets to raids because they tend to path stupidly and get you trained. That said, it's the player behind the mage that determines if the class is a problem or not. If killing raid bosses with pets only is an issue I am sure it wouldn't take long to write code to end that.
  3. Banai Augur

Pets have always been good. Just now their dmg is too far over all others. At level 4 a monk hits for 8 where a mage pet hits for 12-15. The disparity only grows as you level. You can have a mage pet attack the same mob as a monk and the mage pet will win out every single time.

Still not sure why they don't just nerf the dmg of the lvl 1-60 pets. Not like you need that higher dmg on live servers either.
  4. Master Kahleem Augur

Please ban Monks, THEY'RE RUINING THE SERVER!

QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ
  5. Kasuka Lorekeeper

Why play something you don't enjoy? I DO love playing a mage, and have since day one. I'm not lying about that, and others aren't either. Why should people stop playing their favored class just because YOU don't like them? It ain't all about you.

Do I think they're OP? No. I think they're stronger than they were, and I'm not lying that I enjoy it, but that's not why I play them.

Don't hate the player kid, hate the game.
  6. Misaligned Augur

I counter your suggestion. Disable all class creation except for Magician. Cuz I got a FEVAH...and the only prescription, is MOAR MAGES.

Say it baby!
    Groans likes this.
  7. Vlerg Augur

classic raid are loot pinatas... no matter how you look at it.

the hardest part , back in 1999, to raid was 1) finding people with good enough computer/internet connection to handle the lag

2) finding people the the time schedule.

it's all tank-and-spank up till PoP
  8. Eliseus Augur

I heard that you can't just make a mage. Mage is limited to only special players with certain privileges.
  9. Vilisto New Member

Veilous had a couple fights that were not tank and spank
  10. Machen New Member

Nonsense. With 6 mages mobs don't last long enough for necro dots to tick once.
  11. thechacko Elder

BAN EVERYTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
  12. Ultrazen Augur

Lifetap is faster casting. Mages are FOTM, a 6box necro team would be just as effective if not more so, because they could all just run to whatever spawn they wanted and FD. Would also make being a jerk easier because you could train others in a camp you wanted with FD.

Just be happy the lemmings that play this game haven't caught onto that yet.
  13. Machen New Member

I was simply disputing that necros were better because of dots. Mobs are not alive long enough for dots to be effective in a full pet group.
  14. Ziggy Augur

I believe that I mentioned other classes (although you have left out some) but far and away mage is the worst/most unbalanced. If you want to roll a mage, ragefire is still available.
  15. Eliseus Augur

Should just quit imo.
  16. JemAsEQ666 Lorekeeper

I think they should give us a playable Mage pet class. Why would I want to be the inferior pet master when I can be the supreme pet, the real master.
  17. Eliseus Augur

I know this will probably fly over most of your heads that complain mage is OP, but even if mage was an exact replica of classic, 6/12/300232/124124124124 of them would still be boxed and would still beat you guys on everything. The simplicity of a mage army in terms of boxing is a joke and would exist either way, nerfed or not nerfed.

I feel you guys magically think that if mage were to not be the power house it is now, that it would somehow change what is currently happening on these servers.
    Kasuka likes this.
  18. Willy Willers Lorekeeper

Now this is a ban I can get with!

Just kidding, unlike you pukes I dont want things banned/nerfed/removed just because I don't care for them.
  19. Ceffener Augur

Instance raids, lockouts, guilds can kill the bosses however they want.

Problem solved. OMG someone else got gear! Who cares.