Boxing - Accounts

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Fuel, May 26, 2015.

1. Fuel Journeyman

Can you duel box on one computer?
  2. Rykard Augur

I box 4 accounts on 1 computer using two monitors. I am sure that you do more with computers these days. My computer is like 5 years old.

You would just start the additional instances logging in the different accounts. Play in windows mode so you swap between the two accounts or add a second monitor and just move the mouse between the two.

Rykard
    Kylatia449 likes this.
  3. sojero One hit wonder

Yes you can dual box on one computer, just run the client a second time after you have logged to the server select screen.
    Kylatia449 likes this.
  4. Baeddon Elder

My main PC can handle 11 accounts at once, but anything beyond that is pushing it. So yeah, your hardware is the limit there.

Also, a free and LEGAL program to help you box is called WinEQ. WinEQ is a windows management software to make it easier to switch screens, place screens, and launch specific characters, and might even support virtual .ini files (so for example.. Character A has his own eqgame.ini file, and Character B has her own eqgame.ini file). Again, 100% LEGAL and it's free. WinEQ is done by the same guy who does [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] which at some point you'll hear of. [Unmentioned 3rd Party Software] is also legal, though not free and not entirely easy to set up, unlike WinEQ.
    Kylatia449 likes this.
  5. Nuanil Elder

EQ1 doesn't make proper use of video accelerators, and is very CPU bound. WinEQ is a great free program that helps with window management and CPU management.
    Kylatia449 likes this.
  6. Baeddon Elder

This is a tangent reply. I shouldn't say it's 100% technically legal. Your CPU management reminded me that EQPlayNice is part of the WinEQ program now and technically EQPlayNice does violate the EULA. I recall Smedley mentioning that. I also recall him say "And we're going to do absolutely NOTHING to stop it." So practically 100% legal, technically not 100% legal. (Don't let that scare you off. Smed said it was cool.) Technically, you could argue in court that Microsoft Windows itself violates the EQ EULA. But anyway, yeah, the CPU management (which EQ itself sort of borrowed and put into EQ) is also brilliant. Sort of like in game audio triggers versus GINA audio triggers.
  7. Kylatia449 New Member

Yes you can dual box on one computer.
  8. Slowhand Elder

I have been dual boxing with no problems. Tried to add a 3rd account today but when I hit create account tab nothing happens. Dunno what that about.
  9. moogs Augur

Try signing up for your third account before opening EQ. I've noticed some bugginess with the patcher the past couple of weeks when trying to get a third account logged in. (Patcher will be blank, or nothing happens after clicking Play. Usually resolved with a system reboot.)