Kithicore Forest on Ragefire

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Jhenna_BB, May 28, 2015.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Can you please make the Undead go away at 6am like they always did? Thank you.

Druids and Wizards have enough in their favor charging for ports/SotF as it is.
    Xanadas and PathToEternity like this.
  2. Ziggy Augur

Stay high on the zone walls and you will have no problems. They have stated that they are unable or unwilling to change this.
  3. Nniki Augur

This. I've ran multiple characters through Kithicor on the progression server already by staying high on the wall. I haven't gotten aggro from anything yet.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Hallo, TLP forum :(.
  5. Brelic Elder

Same, just listen to other posts instead of requesting the game be even easier. I've also run multiple chars through kith with no problems, including a dark elf i ran all the way to Qeynos Hills.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Liquid Augur

I love the sense of fear that it provides. This is the one thing that EQ did that the other's lost. But that goes with the sign of the times we live in...the Entitlement age.
    Fallfyres and MBear like this.
  7. redwoodtreesprite Journeyman

Still. blocking halflings like that. Because of the forest, I have my halfling characters on hold until I get a druid on each account high enough to port them out. Thing is, when this was implemented we had PoK, so halflings could use the book to get out to the bigger world. On early progression, this is not possible, so halflings have a very dangerous run. Keeping the all the time undead Kithicore is not classic EQ and not necessary.
  8. Rumblebore New Member

I joined EQ back in Luclin era and had to run my Dwarf to Qeynos. My guild warned me about Kith forest but I tried anyways. 3 deaths later, I got a SOW and followed the "Stay high on the wall" rule and made it through. I cannot tell you how nervous and, really, TERRIFIED I was of that run, but I made it. THAT to me is part of classic. I never get to there without recalling that run.

Not everything in this game should be easy. Kith forest has always been a bottleneck and many fond memories exist in payers by just asking 'did you ever have to run Kith as a low level?" and hear the chuckles and war stories.

Buck up pooky. You are experiencing something not seen in modern gaming very much. Terror!!
    Fallfyres and MBear like this.
  9. Liquid Augur

My druid is only one bubble into 14. Once I hit 15, I would more than happy to run there in Rivervale and port you to Surefall Glade...if that is where you wanted to go. Add Shonuff to your friends list and once she's able, I'll hook you up FREE OF CHARGE!
  10. redwoodtreesprite Journeyman

Know what would be scarier? Heading out into Kithicore, and the sun starts to set before you get out. Crud! Here come the zombies, run! :D

Thanks, I may do that. :)

I also plan to offer free druid taxi service out of Rivervale when I get my druids high enough. It's a good thing, helping other players. Might even start some pay-it-forward going later as well.
  11. vardune Augur

Hes not asking that the game be easier. Hes asking that the zone function as intended. Day and night cycles with the undead going away in the day.
  12. Numiko Augur

I've run level 1 halflings though there, nothing path's near the wall and it is a less then a two minute run to get from riverdale to commons
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. vardune Augur

I tried three times, died three times from people pulling and killing in the zone. They run to zone lines with multiple mobs chasing them.
  14. Arafys New Member

Um... the lower level ports are self only. You need "Circle of XXX" to do group porting.
  15. Liquid Augur

Well damn! First time playing a druid on my 2nd account. Had no idea, but thanks for the heads up! Guess I won't be able to assist him..
  16. Greymere Augur

Its not so bad, most the undead is the slow moving sort its' the caster types ya have to be worried about agroing since you can stay ahead of them running barely even without a SoW long as you are wary cutting thru
  17. redwoodtreesprite Journeyman

NP, was a nice offer. :)

Your offer inspired me to start a free taxi thread for all of us druids who like to help others. :)
    Liquid likes this.
  18. Liquid Augur

I have been telling my friends that I'll be able to take us all to Qeynos in a lvl..had no clue that I was telling them that my drood would be going and not them..oh well, looks like Befallen/Unrest here we come!
  19. Sonalan New Member

See, everyone says stay high on the wall. well, no duh. But that's assuming the zone is worthless. i have a quest that's on my pre-planar gear guide in Kith. It would be nice to do it without 10+ adds at any given time. I can't even talk to the dude to trigger it without getting jumped. Would be nice if they fixed the zone.
  20. Naelbis Elder

Sounds like the issue is not enough paladins and clerics waging proper holy war on the undead scourge....I smell a crusade in the making!
    Aenoan and Zujilli like this.