Kronos

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Daragoth, May 28, 2015.

1. Daragoth Lorekeeper

When did a Kronos become the default price for anything that drops from a level 20+ mob. People asking stupid amounts of Kronos for anything even remotely good. Junk that will be twink gear or vendored 2 weeks from now are 1 Kronos at least (no plat offers). I realize people are just dumping all their Ragefire gear to move to Lockjaw, but this is really getting out of hand.
  2. Riou EQResource

Well if people actually pay it, might as well gouge as hard as you possibly can
  3. Warlorf Augur

Lol yup .. Guaranteed 6 boxers can't afford to play and that fad dies off fast when krono for loot gets laughed at non stop
  4. Lateryn Augur

People probably have a lot of them if they played Live at all, so someone with a ton of krono has no problem spending it on some item when he is level 25, other see this and expect the same.
  5. Toquillaw Augur

Yeah, cheap as heck on live devalues them (at least for a while). As the plat prices go up for them because the server has more plat on it, and they aren't as abundant, things will change.
  6. Barlow Elder

With the new instancing -- we will be absolutely flooded with items in the very near future. Items will lose value and the Kronos for "uber" trivial items will stop. (Or at least be greatly reduced) - anyone who thinks a 30 day subscription is worth trading for an item that now drops 24x a day (with instancing.. Without instancing 4x - day) is crazy.

I am glad that I (we) understand economics and know how to capitalize on this, but I (we) had NO idea it would be this crazy... This fast.

Stocking up on Kronos has never been am this easy..
  7. sihpa Augur

Is this really a thing or just a few isolated instances? lol
  8. Daragoth Lorekeeper

Yesterday almost every item had a Kronos price attached to it.
    Skull-shaped Barbute - 1 Krono
    Robe of the Oracle - 3+ Kronos
    SMR, FBSS, BALS, BBC, J boots , GEBS, PLing....you name it an there was someone selling it for Kronos.
  9. Bandok Augur

Yeah, lots of stuff was up like "ITEM 500pp or 1 krono" "ITEM 1kpp or 2 kronos"
  10. Claustaler Lorekeeper

Yeah but there are also a lot more player who want/need this item... I doubt that the prices will fall so far that you get your FBSS for 1kpp... or your Yak for 100pp.

Like someone in another thread said: P99 is alive since ~6 years, there are still people camping in LGuk or in Sebi... and FBSS still cost ~8kpp and a Fungi still ~60kpp.

I think the prices will maybe fall a bit but over longtime they will be stable.
  11. Liquid Augur

3 months is a good indicator of where prices will be for few..least until Kunark comes out, then they will spike for the new much wanted items. But the way people are lvling, and how many items will hit the market I could see prices coming into their own after about 3mos.
  12. Barlow Elder

@claustaler - p99 doesn't have 3,4,5,6,7,8, or 9 instances of those zones active at a time either bud.

If 2 of <insert any item name here> Drop per instance per day.... And yo now have several instances opposed to one instance of that zone running... Do you think the price will stay decent? Or do you think the market will be flooded with them... And reduce the cost to pennies?
    Fallfyres likes this.
  13. Hendar2 Augur

I had no plans to either buy or sell these items. I don't care what the price is.
  14. taliefer Augur

eq has been around a long time, some people on live have millions and millions of plat, and a krono on live servers is roughly 1 mill, some cheaper, some more.

i think alot of the kronos on the server are people essentially just paying plat on one server for an item on ragefire.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  15. Banai Augur

The prices will drop due to increase in supply. However I do not think it will be near as drastic as everyone thinks it will be.

With the increased supply comes the increased demand. RF has about triple the population of P99 so the increased supply really just evens out everything.
  16. Liquid Augur

Do Kronos go from one toon to the other from server to server? Noob question, since when I last played Kronos, and Mercs were never heard of.
  17. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

never pay a krono for any loot.. even atm kronos on ragefire should be 5k+ pp not what they are going for.. don't pay for other ppls accounts just say no to loot for kronos.
    code-zero, Adrienna, Gskiel and 2 others like this.
  18. chris_the_mage Augur

i only 2box, and most of the time i am not even on my druid, just my necro

have made 13 krono so far and counting, with over 5k in da bank gonna be buyin more today. god bless you all
  19. Vlerg Augur

some people are good at economics, some people are bad.

some people are greedy, some people are naive.

when a greedy person who's good at economics meet a naive one bad at it... that's what happen.

Alot of player also don't realize what stats does... they think a +5 int somewhere will drasticly change their gameplay when in reality it's not even enough mana for a single nuke.

Then, you have the usual tradeskiller trying to recoup all his spending by selling silver-jewelry for 5-6pp a piece, platinum one for 400-500pp, or research spell for 150pp ( yes research is expensive... but how many lvl 22 mage gonna have 125pp laying around for their pet, really? )

Then you also have the classic loot table oddities...
    Kerran cap ( from a lvl 20 dude on kerra isle) 1 ac 10 mana 2 int 2 wis
    the sage cap from Lguk 2 ac 3 int 3 wis.

first one sell for 20-30pp, second one for a couple hundred...

Stein of moggok VS glowing black stone...

there's no logic. don't try to find one.
  20. Hendar2 Augur

Kronos are tied to an account, so yes they go from toon to toon, server to server.