Enchanters : Current patch

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bronut, May 25, 2015.

1. Mugsie Elder

Stuns!
    Dots, debuffs and mez would be nice, but stuns are a biggie.
    Mugs
  2. Slasher Augur

So it can proc off ae stun and ae mez and become OP again ?
  3. Sancus Augur

I don't see how that made it OP... It isn't like it would proc any more than it would nuking (AE mezzes/stuns aren't that fast casting/recasting). The issue people have is that Enchanters are very rarely spamming Nukes on the mob; when they have other roles the group now can't benefit from Chromatic Haze at all.

Edit: If you're thinking the number of targets increases the proc rate, with the changes that's no longer true (even if they removed the DD requirement). You would get the same number of procs regardless of number of targets.
  4. Tyraxor Augur

Well i don't think we should ask for too much (procs off all detrimental spells like mez etc.).
    In most current raids there is still plenty time to nuke between some CC, and some are only nuking for us like Arx 2+3 (unless someone is on rune / grp protection, but in that case it's not detrimental anyway).

In the end it just makes everything easier (and it already is too easy...) if classes always want super stuff. And yea i consider it super stuff if i cast a tash and every wizzie in my group nukes for 1 million.
    The bugs should go and it's great to see especially Dzarn posting about it, but don't get greedy.
    When i nuke it's somewhat logical that i can buff other nukes, but when i slow a mob or whatever it's totally unrealistic. I don't want easy mode there's already too much of it, see it as reward for getting your other jobs done fast and accurate so you can add nukes.
  5. Kravitz Augur

This is perfect example of why its time to let go some of the older developers. Thanks for another awesome explanation and transparency Dzarn! Imagine what could happen if DGC actually hired new developers who have new ideas to bring to the table!
  6. porky Augur

If it ever worked on any mez I am not aware of it, I don't think it ever worked on tash or slow either. Also what difference does the AE part make to any of this, i don't think you understand what is broken with this AA. We just want it to work on nukes dots and stuns, since we end up doing those 3 things during what is considered "DPS-Time" in raids.

I am happy they figured out the proc not doing anything problem, but they also need to fix it back to where its able to proc on the other detrimental(not mez) spells we are casting.
  7. Slasher Augur

No you would get more procs if it proced off ae stuns/mez because you're ae stunning 5-10 mobs at a time vs mezzing one at a time. You understand how that works ? in 3s i have 10 chances to proc haze vs 1 chance with single mez. This would result in more chances to proc haze in a shorter duration.
  8. Sancus Augur

No, that's not how it works. The initial cast (edit: should have, assuming the devs fixed the ability properly) has one chance to proc Haze, regardless of the number of mobs hit (this was not true prior to the change). This is also why Twincasts won't proc Haze now, and why casters AEing large numbers of mobs don't have crazy high GoM proc rates.
    guado likes this.
  9. guado Augur

Do you even have a caster? Or looking to keep Haze broken?
    Silv and porky like this.
  10. Slasher Augur

I do have one and I want haze to work as intended.
  11. Silv Augur

It never procced off of Mez. It would proc off of DD damage spells, stuns, and *some* other detrimental spells such as DOTs.

Once again a player who does not have any clue how the ability previously, or currently, functions. The proc chance is based off of casting *a* spell. What the spell does after that has no effect on the proc. Casting a spell which affects 1 target or 99 targets has the exact same chance to proc Haze. I think maybe you are confusing the fact that it previously could proc off of Twincasts and Flare? Those count(ed) as actual casts though so your statement is still ridiculous.

The melee vendetta is strong in this one.

<3
    Mintalie and porky like this.
  12. RPoo Augur

The only mez it use to proc off of was stare. *Something* about it counted as a stun and would randomly hit a random number of the mobs being mezzed. AH ha! The blur part "is stunned by an overpowering stare." from "Anodyne Stare Mindwipe"

CHEERS DZARN! /boggle slasher
    Mintalie, Shiea and Silv like this.
  13. segap Augur

Don't forget the group game either. Non-raiding enchanters would also like the AA points spent to have some value when doing things other than pretending to be wizards.
    Silv likes this.
  14. porky Augur

Well obviously yes, but as it is working now the melee in the group kill any group mobs long before it has a chance to proc. And I do not think we are going to get that back. In order for it to be useful in longer(raid) fights it has to have a higher chance to proc AND work off the spells chanters will be using AND has to have an actual effect when it procs. What they do to fix it for the raid game will help it in the group game, but unless they were to actually make it proc off mez, tash and slow. Your melee group mates are going to kill any group mob before it can help.
  15. Reval Augur

That is a valid disparity in my opinion. Assassination is pretty amazing, especially when stacked with great gear/other aa's. It makes it harder to balance melee dps and caster dps because if you balance them within raids to be even, now in the group game some melee are destroying casters because they can often assassinate things.

I would point out though that when I've goofed around with my level 100 enchanter on blue servers, the "group game" often did not include the high levels of dps that you are talking about though, regardless of class. It's a different world than this one shot wonderland you're talking about.
    Silv likes this.
  16. Silv Augur

You may have a caster but that does not appear to help your understanding of the ability or your agenda as demonstrated in the melee DPS threads on these forums. You want it to work as you intend which would more or less make it useless in hopes of it somehow helping melee DPS. As demonstrated by numbers post-fix/nerf, the top parsers are still casters and that is even with the current legitimately broken aspect of Haze (crit fail as explained by Dzarn). Now it appears that will be fixed soon (tm) and the ~10% DPS decrease will likely narrow slightly making the changes less severe. However, the removal of procs on several detrimental lines cripples the usefulness as there are only a handful of times when we are solely nuking.

Which IMO is why it is crazy that certain people come in and try and argue with "numbers" from top 10 guilds and say "LOOK AT THIS! Broken!". They would have you balance DPS around the top of the top which is a fraction of the playerbase. It's a ridiculous mentality.
  17. Legion New Member

Im not sure why people presume that changes if made should be for raid toons and a side benefit, grp content could catch some fall out rewards.

how many servers are there, in those servers whats the total of raiding guilds, of these raiding guilds, how many enchanters are used or needed

If the haze was too powerful for raids why not put the this blah blah wont work on raid targets

Yes I saw the post where at least the crits were being used up and not meant to, didnt hear anything about this 8% (that is seemingly way lower than), Ill speak to the group content, trash fights arent meant to last 1mn+ are they? , so throwing a number out there 30s (is that ok w everyone?) IF and I mean IF all u did was nuke (no slow, tash, stun, mez, dot) how many times would u have a chance to proc haze (4s cooldown?) so about 7 chances to proc at 8% per cast, i think 8% is 1 out of 12.5 chance, so the odds of it proccing are just blown out of the water?

With regards to the crit ammt (for wizards) is it like fusion that its still bugged and doesnt crit for full potential, the patch said it would go higher if chanter had the AA, or is this still part of main bug since u arent really proccing a haze crit any crit u get is a crit you would get with out the haze anyways?
  18. segap Augur

Assassination only works on blue humanoid mobs. Considering most of TDS is yellow con, that advantage is gone for anything other than old content. Proc rate for it is also very streaky.

What is valid in the group game (TDS) is that an enchanter that needs to slow (helpful if using tank mercs) or do any crowd control is likely not casting more than 2 nukes per fight. At an 8% proc rate on nukes only, that makes the odds of getting a haze proc very slim.
  19. Silv Augur

The +375% damage modifier is working correctly regardless of whether or not the spell crits. It will mod an uncritted nuke as well as one that crits like intended. With Mindsunder if it's hazed but not crit it lands for somewhere between 150-200k and if it crits its around ~850k+. So, that portion has always worked correctly and hasn't been an issue. Even when it was at 340% it still functioned appropriately with modifying the damage.

Sancus did some parses and posted in the class forums with some more details about it if you're curious.
    Sancus likes this.
  20. Slasher Augur

Balancing the classes in raids is not hard because of decap/. Group wizards out dps raid melee when they can decap/ anyway in a sustained parse. But this thread is about haze not that.

Casters wanting haze to be great I caution you against it. Look what happen to melee when they rely on shaman,bst, bards Personal melee dps is trash because they need ADPS so much you do not want that.
    Phrovo1 likes this.