The Performer

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Voth, May 28, 2015.

1. Voth Elder

In recently running the TOFS raid, I've rekindled a bit of desire to do a retro clear of the Demiplane of Blood. I'm sure it's simple enough to face roll through, as I remember soloing Thuuli Redfang and Hatchet some years ago, but I'm given pause when thinking about T2 and the Performer.

I remember back before the dawn of time there was a separate AT listing that had everything set up for you. A quick example being: 'Everybody hear the music' = no sound while Everybody hear the music = push button whatever. For those who don't remember, the exact punctuation made a world of difference. We once had someone do, /gu blahblah PLEASE, blahblahblah and have everyone in the raid push their Aelfric 4(?) button. I have all that stuff saved, but it's fairly archaic compared to what technology we have now with GINA and GTT.

So here's my question, does anyone have a working trigger file for the aforementioned programs? Yes, I know one or two people with the working triggers could easily do it or probably even bypass the mechanics in some way, but that's not what I'm looking for.
  2. Synisca Augur

3. Baeddon Elder

PrathunEQ and Diptera like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Pinch me, Oh Death!
    Baeddon likes this.
  5. Kiillz Augur

Sisters is why we cant have nice things......that was a barrrel of laughs having to trail and find all 3 and clues etc
    Dibab and Baeddon like this.
  6. ModRanger Lorekeeper

I'm still trying to get through Solteris! I managed to beat Balreth once, but it wasn't fun at all.
  7. Baeddon Elder

Stuck on event 3. The event actually becomes harder the more uber your character is. Some people don't have issues with it and have it locked down but for my group, I haven't figured out the solution yet.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

9. Dibab Augur

for solteris event 3 have a tank stand there with no DS and non dmg AE agro. pop anecro pet right there and chain the necrotize ally line. works amazing
  10. Baeddon Elder

I've read about that. But I don't have a necro. I did try having my warrior use a rusty knife with 2h prof AA (and probably a couple other DPS-throttling tricks) and click down the xtar list each 1%. When I finally got to 8 mobs, a single crit from the stupid rusty knife was enough to unbalance and lose.
  11. Kellaer Augur

You're only going to beat Balreth three ways at this point.

1) Have a raid of 54 people at the correct level and gear for The Buried Sea expansion complete the event as intended.
    2) Be enormously skilled, incredibly lucky, and have the patience of a saint because you're going to get unlucky crits.
    3) Get a necro to chain pet bombs.

Two of these are extremely unlikely while the third is not.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Use a necro for dps. They have an exploding pet that cannot crit, always does the same amount. It's slow, but it's consistent damage. Talk to your friendly necro's to find the name of it, I forget.
  13. Silv Augur

Necrotize Ally @ Lv 85 and the subsequent spells every 5 levels after that with "Ally" in their name.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/spell.html?spell=19842
    Bigstomp likes this.
  14. Lianeb Augur

Rangers also have an AE Arrow line that works pretty well also.

For the performer: Mez him ignore the emotes (don't think there are any with him mezzed though) and kill the add waves, win!!
  15. Silv Augur

If that is true about mez/emotes then EZ-mode. :confused: I've never tried it in depth but I don't recall him stopping though; I may be wrong... guess I have something to do this weekend now!
  16. Nniki Augur

Wow... if that's the case, going to have to try it myself as well lol.

Otherwise, you can easily do performer with 3 people nowadays (have other people just sit out... they won't make it go faster):
    • 2 people do triggers
    • 1 person kills waves (offtank one add - grabbing an orc to start works well - at all times to cause waves to aggro on that person instead of performer... have them fight just outside room)
    • Performer will regen the damage caused by the person killing waves and not doing triggers.
    Silv likes this.
  17. Silv Augur

Thanks for tip #2.

My own tip for people: Unload your rains and PBAEs... one step too close and Performer goes *BOOM*. Then you're waiting 20+ minutes for a reset. :p I'm embarrassed to say I've done it more than once.

Also, don't think you can plant your extra people (if you have any) at the zone in or wherever else and just have 3 people at the event. The emotes are zonewide and you will fail. Quickly. Made that mistake too! :D
    Nniki likes this.
  18. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Depending on the class, 3 is overkill. Buddy and I duod it back at like level 90-95, both sks.

The mobs die so fast now that I think any decent dps class could solo it pretty easily.
  19. Nniki Augur

Sorry, I didn't specify, but what I meant was 3 was minimum number you could do it with one person not bothering with emotes at all. But otherwise, yes, I'm sure you could do it with less if the people can handle keeping mobs off the performer + doing the emotes at the same time... Performer is squishy. :)
  20. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The emotes aren't difficult at all with hotkeys. If it were me I'd just take a monk, do the event as intended, and mend should be more than enough self healing.