Transfers or No? We need to know this!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Trevalon, May 27, 2015.

1. yukan Augur

Can you please clarify if server transfers will be allowed at all during classic? I am the co-leader of a 300+ person guild who is considering moving to Lockjaw. Many of your posts indicate that there is a strong possibility that transfers will be allowed. If transfers will be allowed, many people would just choose to continue to play on Ragefire and transfer as soon as they become available. It would cause big problems for us if many people decided to wait to transfer, but then later found out that you weren't allowing transfers because of the que issues on Ragefire was fixed. This is a huge issue and we would like clarification on when and if transfers will be allowed so we can decide how to proceed.
    Mezrah likes this.
  2. Jaxarale01 Augur

And yet Combine and Sleeper were merged... interesting.
    The devs have said a lot from day one... the vast majority of it has turned out to be untrue.
    Barton, sihpa and Ltldogg like this.
  3. Machen New Member

The problem with this is that the end on these servers is further away than the community will tolerate. Fippy/Vulak had a reasonable shot of making it to live with a 4-5 year progression journey. I am not sure we will now since they opened Ragefire (and Vulak certainly won't), but Fippy has come close--past where they were when we launched with VoA opening shortly..

There is no way these servers will still be progressing 8-10 years from now. Everyone will be on to the next thing long before then.
  4. JemAsEQ666 Lorekeeper

I guess people think because DBG makes magical items in the game they have a Crystal Ball of seeing the future. They have given us a lot of information. What you do with that information is your own issue. It doesn't matter what they say there will still be a ton of people pissed at them.
  5. Kahna Augur

Perhaps they used a different coded system. Perhaps it is simply that they no longer have the manpower for the massive undertaking that is a server merge. I won't pretend to know the ins and out of why one server couldn't and one server can. I will stand by my suggestion to hope for the best, and prepare for the worst, that way all your surprises are happy ones.
  6. Lateryn Augur

Read his posts, especially the second one. Transfers being done or not done is fluid, they depend on the population of the servers. You're not going to get a Definitive Yes or No, nor a specific time.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. JEllise New Member

Thanks for the new server and no transfer Roshen.
    You guys did the right thing!
    Fallfyres likes this.
  8. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Perfect. Thank you for the update.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  9. Tachya Elder

I think some of you vastly overestimate the number of players who have already rushed ahead and bought items from the cash store. Go look in the newbie zones, there are tons of characters that are only 2 or 3.

Why did people immediately buy stuff from the store instead of waiting things out a bit? Were you in such a hurry? Well, if you're already so invested in Ragefire after barely a week, the solution is simple: stay there.

When we start on Lockjaw, I'd much prefer to do it without a bunch of transfers who were able to level way up already on Ragefire. It's more than enough that we'll have a bunch of TL rerolls who will kill Nagafen in 2 days again.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  10. velious916 Journeyman

Will paid transfers, or free transfer be available once Lockjaw opens? When was Vulak opened? How long after Fippy, and were there transfer available then?

Edit: Disregard, i found 32903183 posts on this. My bad
  11. Vaclav Augur

They fixed that issue via the Transfer Tokens being TLP > TLP friendly now. It took coding which delayed it, but it's now a solved issue.
  12. Steampunk Augur

Did you bother reading the other posts on this topic before starting your own?
  13. Warlorf Augur

Not happening. Period.
    velious916 likes this.
  14. velious916 Journeyman

No, im from the Everquest forums, duh.
  15. Maxium Dualblade Elder

They said that if the populations even out, then no. If they don't even out, then they'll look at the possibility of it. Nothing said they would not confirm it for some time. I'd guess we'll know around Kunark time when the second expansion opens. They'll probably take a look at the waves of population then.

In short, no transfers.
    velious916 likes this.
  16. Steampunk Augur

Yeah, we noticed. No transfers to start, then they see what the populations actually do and then determine what to do about transfers.
  17. Weverley Augur

I'm gonna move to lockjaw.I expect a lot of people gonna do the same even on day 1.Personally i think queue during primetime were over 1000 accounts.I was only on a queue once and i think many people who have character on ragefire gonna do the same.I'm gonna predict that after 1 week theres gonna be 2000+ on lockjaw.I don't see lockjaw as a dead server anytime soon if 1 server become a dead server i see ragefire having that problem.Too many people had bad experience on ragefire.I don't see no transfer has a big problem.Roll 4 characters so far and all are still on starting area so no biggie here. Gonna loose some bags though but it's not that difficult to level tailoring to 88 and make those 10 slots bags.
  18. Greymere Augur

Yuktan,

If a large enough playerbase is actively moving over and playing he pretty much said they might not allow transfers. If you wanted to hedge your bets your 300+ players should take a break from Ragefire and all create characters on Lockjaw and play for a bit and decide whether to stay or not based on just how populated it is. If you are seeing 7+ instances of Greater Faydark for example being created odds are the population is gonna be heavy enough they won't allow transfers later particularly if those numbers persist. If you are seeing less than 3 instances of these zones is a good chance it may be underpopulated, and returning to play on Ragefire may be the way to go till transfers are offered if ever.

Personally I think they should have just told players they could transfer their character but only the name would be saved via a free marketplace token redeemed before the server launches and left it at that(would have given them a good idea who is gonna move prior to opening the new server too to prepare, and allow players to reclaim beta rewards they earned. Marketplace items are trickier and honestly probably a PITA to track over 2 weeks, it may just need to come down to telling those that transfer sorry they are not replaceable if you choose to move. By way of an apology about that maybe offer an extended period for everyone to have steeper discounts on the marketplace for a week on the server.

Part of me is curious if Lockjaw will have the same server population capacity as Ragefire, not that I think it will be nessecary but just from a curiousity standpoint.
  19. Lekkric18 Elder

Honestly, one of the biggest surprises to me in this thread is that people actually bought those marketplace bags. For those people willing to spend 1000 per 8slot 20wr bag, did it not occur to you to buy a couple of kronos and trade them for tinkerer's bags? In a few weeks TL will have enough plat to make a living selling them for kronos.
  20. Barton The Mischievous

Lol ok "we" don't decide where I play, I decide.

Vulak may have been great at the start or even a few expansions in.

What is it now? With not enough players to progress the server.

IMO Dead or at the very least Stagnant