Instancing the game is the answer

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by xakanrn, May 25, 2015.

1. Mardy Augur

Per livestream just now, they said they're exploring options to add more pickzones for higher level. But they need to look into it more. So it may be coming.
  2. Potsos76 Augur

When a zone (other than a raid zone) reaches a certain number (let's say 50-100), another copy should open and there's really no reason not to do it at this point. Leveling is absolutely horrendous right now. Every leveling zone is absolutely overrun and people are really acting like d-bags because they have no fear of retribution. These are not even box groups. These are mainly just regular groups desperate for xp, so they're blowing up whatever mob they see. Most of the true griefing (charm+memblur+KS, etc) is being done by TL.
  3. Greymere Augur

Windstalker_EQ2: We are working on instancing higher level zones today and tomorrow. Will be a server down when it's ready

Also said Prathon would be the one ultimately deciding which zones do and don't get it
  4. MaestroM Augur

I'd like him to actually reach out and hear community input on the issue. I'll make a long post when I get home (you're all just waiting I know) but its likely that I'll argue that every zone should be instanced (including every raid target).

Prelim reasoning is that no zone, especially not zones with 30 minute spawn timers, can support 100+ people for leveling purposes. Similarly, drop rates on loot cannot support a server with by their own admission has over twice as many people than any server ever released before. Long post to follow.
  5. Potsos76 Augur

This is great news. :D
  6. Jaxarale01 Augur

We win!!!
    Sport your sig people!

I mean the ones here 3 months ago fighting this fight!
  7. Jezzie Augur

I'm much less concerned about flooding the market with items and ruining the economy than the ability to just have fun and play the game.
    I hope they instance it all and if loot drops are exploited by guilds then I wish them the best of luck.
  8. MMOer Augur

I though that was called xbox one?
  9. MMOer Augur

How about they instance... but mobs ONLY drop exp. Zero loot? Would that be ok?
  10. MMOer Augur

Then what do you do when you hit max level so fast? Go play wow some more?
  11. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

or they could create a lock-out mechanism that gets longer so you can't switch between instances for quite some time. Problem solved.
  12. Jaxarale01 Augur

I have seen this concern from time to time and there has not been a coherent reason yet as to why more items is a bad thing...

Please explain your thoughts...
  13. Fiido Missalot New Member

14. Jezzie Augur

The argument was that if you flood the server with items, then you're not special if you have a CoF. You can't sell said CoF for plat or krono either as everybody has one so it spoils the game. It removes the reward for blocking other guilds, stealing mobs and camps etc. which takes alot of hard work.
    Did I cover it all?
    There's probably more to it but my motivation has always been to log in and have fun, nothing else.
  15. Dabrixmgp Augur

they also opened new servers and even split some of the more populated ones before this stuff could happened. Not to mention back then people leveled at their own leisurely pace. People actually had patience. I remember wait lists a mile long for places like Frenzy or Lord. When they still showed server populations the populated ones were around 2000ish. If we have 4000 now thats basically twice the amount of players.