Wipe Vulak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Doranur_Aleguzzler, May 25, 2015.

1. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

And make a new TLP. It's the only way to be sure. Or is that take off and nuke the site from orbit...
    Rhoulicas likes this.
  2. Crabcakes Journeyman

Nah. Split rage. When the pop dies, merge the two again. There will be >2 power guilds - imagine the drama! /popcorn
  3. Tronk Augur

The issue is they don't know what to do with the characters on Vulak. They haven't merged, even though it is way past time to do so.

I said they should consider resetting our Vulak characters to level 1 but let us keep our gear. We can't equip it, and it's unlikely many of us have older high grade gear (lack of bank space, and tribute donations).

It's a slight perk for resetting our server instead of merging it. Maybe it irritates some people that we have those perks, then they can stay on Ragefire. Others won't care and it will pull load off of Ragefire.
  4. Unique_Moop Augur

hey i still have an awesome warrior on vulak. shes only 60 let me keep her and all that gear.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I was kidding, you can keep your warrior. On Vulak. They aren't going to open a new server, but the chances of that are exponentially higher than letting you keep a level 60 warrior on a new TLP server.
  6. Tronk Augur

Well, I don't mind resetting mine, it could even be fun.

But we also spent a lot of money in the Store. I still have exp potions, my pings potion packs (and other /claims), but also a lot of store backpacks. Just deleting the server would be very unfair, and expensive.

I would like to see a merge with Trakanon or some other normal server (Fippy merge doesn't do much, it's in the same boat). Or individual character transfers for free (right now, they want us to pay for transfers assuming they work again).

A reset would reuse the server at least. Maybe even some Vulak people who left will come back as well. More subs for everyone (and space for them)!
    O_Castitatis_Lilium likes this.
  7. O_Castitatis_Lilium Lorekeeper

I will actually agree with you on this one, you could transfer characters to one, and then just reuse the server as it is already being used, a TLP. They already have it set up for that it's already there and being paid for to run, just reset it back and do the same thing as ragefire. They don't lose any moreny and it's something that is already there. You are going to have people that are going to ask for it to be non-boxing...which to a point, I agree with...seriously...who needs more than 2 boxes?

All in all though, I agree, they could just reuse what they have, seeing as that it's built for the same thing.
  8. Spudz1990 New Member

I have my ranger 1.0 epics on vulak. that took a very long time to complete. all the stupid evercamping eipic drops.... either keep all gear or it doesn't happen.
  9. Aurmoon Augur

I don't agree with wiping it. I have maxed level/AA cleric and necro there that I would very much like to transfer to Fippy, but I'm not willing to do since I already paid to transfer 6 characters when Vulak died.

My solution: Put an NPC on Vulak that, when hailed, gives a character transfer token. Everyone gets one week to log in their characters and personally complete the transfer to Fippy. After that deadline passes, the server is wiped then you can do with it as you please.
  10. Tronk Augur

Oh, me too. I just don't care about the levels, I can get those back and enjoy doing so. But the gear (Seeds of Destruction level, so not an impact on a reset server), as well as the many items bought from the store have value.

That said -- yes I agree free transfers off should be offered (and why haven't they yet?). Trakanon has that. For whatever reason, they just won't do this.