If you do open a second server...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by CocoaNut, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CocoaNut Elder

I'm not in favor of a second server. I think that it's a short-sighted solution that would lead to problems down the road (Edit: Waiting in queue for the past half hour, btw). But I'm not in charge of these decisions, so there's a chance that the decision won't go my way. In that case, I have a request and/or idea.

If you do open a second server, make it a boxing server. Allow people to move their characters and then create a Ragefire-only rule that doesn't allow boxing software. Since people that are boxing tend to not really care all that much about the opportunity for grouping that being in a densely populated server provides, the lower population of the second server shouldn't be a big issue for them and it would help Ragefire stay as a group-focused server. Once the population of both servers combined gets to the point where Ragefire should have no trouble supporting it, then merge the two.

This would undoubtedly be more work than just creating a second server and saying, "Have at it," but I feel like this would be the best option for a second server solution.
    O_Castitatis_Lilium likes this.
  2. Valkerine Augur

Go play on 1999. Your rule set already exists, AND it's free.
  3. Oberon Augur

p99 not a new server, try again
  4. Banuvan Augur

I box and don't use any boxing software. I have two monitors and play one on each. This is not a solution at all. When I boxed 6 characters I had three up on each monitor.

Merge the two servers? So your idea is to separate those that box and don't box and then bring them back together again at a later date? Seriously?
  5. UnnamedPlayer Elder

People keep saying p99 as a reasonable alternative, but do you guys realize how long it's taken for them to finally announce the release date for Velious? And some people say 6 months is too long for between expansions on Ragefire!
  6. Draden Elder

People who don't box want to play with other people, shocking right? P99 doesn't have people leveling, not a reasonable alternative. I tried it for about 3 weeks, think I saw 1 other person the whole time in newbie zones.
  7. CocoaNut Elder

Not to mention, and stay with me here: I don't want to just stop at Velious.
  8. jordune Augur

2 servers ? ok sounds like a plan.
    segregation of players ? no. not a good idea at all
    whats next ?? a 3rd server for people who you disagree with ?
  9. CocoaNut Elder

A second server will have a much smaller population than Ragefire. Therefore, it makes sense for people that aren't interested in grouping (in other words, those that benefit from a smaller population) to be there.

Logic.
  10. LastToStand Journeyman

makes since to me Cocoa correct logic is in play here make Lockjaw server or Festering Hag server for Boxers only and Ragefire for PVE Anti-Boxing rule simple as that, I love this idea, and support this to happened who else anymore want to give their vote it seems like 2 so far me and CocoaNut
    O_Castitatis_Lilium likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.