Better Box combo

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Project Mayhem, May 22, 2015.

1. Project Mayhem New Member

I started back after a long break, and i decided to start clean. Went to a new server (FV) and made a shaman/paladin combo. Figured, tanks + slows would be nice. From about 65+ I'm finding mobs take way to long to kill, even with caster merc. And I regret not having snares. So I was thinking of making either a Ranger+Beastlord or a Bard+Any other DPS. Are bard slows/snares good enough at higher levels? I know my shaman slows are partial anyways.
  2. Janakin Augur

After a certain level, no slows are full but Shaman slows are the best. I would think Beastlord + any other class would work :)
  3. Project Mayhem New Member

When you say no slows are full but shaman's are the best, does that means that each slow spell has a % taken off, or each mob has a max slow percent?
  4. Borek-VS Augur

Every slow spell will have a percentage removed. The percentage taken off varies by mob, and you get a message giving a rough idea.
  5. Brohg Augur

Those other combos you've listed would have to run a 0 dps healer merc. I'd find that distasteful, and ... not everyone outperforms the casters while boxing.