People complain about full server, then complain about DBG fixing it. Come on now.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Gabanna, May 22, 2015.

1. Gabanna New Member

Guys, come on. Are you able to be pleased, at all?! You complain nonstop that you can't log in, that the server is too full, that AFK'ers are ridiculous..... But then you complain about the server going down for them to fix it.... They aren't miracleworking voodoo priestesses Stop finding things to complain about. They are doing the best they can.
    Thurgar, urinezombie and Katmandu26 like this.
  2. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Finding things to complain about is what gamers do.
    Widukind and Lord Binky like this.
  3. JDNight New Member

lol, that's all I can say. I am at work, heading home soon, so this is my entertainment. I just hope there is still some open space for me in about 2 hours.
  4. cknuckles New Member

Probably...and I'm just guessing here....but probably there are 2 different groups complaining, the first group that couldn't log in, complained about not being able to log in....the 2nd group that were logged in, might be the ones complaining about the server being brought down...again, just a guess on my part.

I could be totally off base, and the folks who complained about not being able to log in, are now the same folks complaining that a fix is being implemented...
  5. Yamibaku New Member

I love how you can only say this about video games and literally no other job out there is, hey they are trying to figure out how to effectively run things, it's cool my sub lasts 30 days. Not trying to fight you, but there is another side to this as well that most seem to blindly argue against. Would love to see someone pull this EMS or Army side, you'd get laughed at, fired and/or demoted
  6. chinchey Journeyman

*hands JDKnight some of his popcorn*
  7. Paydro Journeyman

They aren't addressing the root of the problem. Booting AFK players will free up some space, but players being AFK isn't the problem; not enough space on the server is the problem.
    Yamibaku likes this.
  8. yellowzombie Elder

Normal Person + Anonymity + Audience = ___________
  9. jAbb Journeyman

Plus the more than 24 hours to take a crack at the fix and a focus on a fairly minor part of the problem.
    Yamibaku likes this.
  10. Lejaun Augur

I think people are complaining because they finally got on and have to leave. It's a harsh way to get booted off, but a necessary one.
    Yamibaku likes this.
  11. Yamibaku New Member

Think my favorite part is where someone complained they had a hard time getting their 4th boxed character on, hard pill to swallow when your spamming the button to log your 1 character in 2 days after launch

Anyone up for a veteran reward that lets you log in first try?? haha
  12. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

Or the AFKers. I've not been able to get in but have been watching streams. Someone in teamspeak on one of them said based only the class chat channels alone they counted about 1000 AFK people on the server. None of them complained about the server coming down, either, to their credit.
  13. Lejaun Augur

Yep. Took me about two hours of non-stop clicking to get my one and only character on.
  14. Kaayne New Member

If my car was totaled and all the mechanic did was replace a flat tire, I would probably complain.
    Yamibaku likes this.
  15. Alandros Elder

Ok...

1) 24 hour turnaround is great for something like this, it's entirely possible it will be buggy due to the fast turnaround

2) There are *numberous* posts of people complaining about AFK people, endless posts... so if it's minor then most of the posters are full of BS
  16. Yamibaku New Member

And when you looked at him he'd just shrug and tell you everything is working as intended while his mates all said he was working really hard and meant well, quit being a big meanie and just accept what you little you paid your money for lol
  17. Tachyon Augur

Perspective is realizing that the present isn't all there is.
  18. Yamibaku New Member

All in all it's not a bad launch for their first TLP ever....whoa wait
  19. Batbener Augur

It's the internet. You can find people complaining about oxygen.
  20. Draden Elder

Capacity is the problem, afk'ers are a symptom. Temporarily removing a symptom doesn't fix the problem. People aren't upset that afk'ers are getting boots, people are upset because the problem still remains. There will be countless people who won't be able to log in, and all it does is lock up the log in server for several hours, to just be where we are now after the log in servers resolve the server back to max capacity.
    jAbb likes this.