AFK FOR 9 HOURS STILL ONLINE WHEN WOKE

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Outlawl4ever, May 22, 2015.

1. Outlawl4ever New Member

My title pretty much explains it all, and they announced there is a boot system, bunch of liars if you ask me.
  2. Scribe of Fury New Member

So why did you do this to test this out? You know you're kind of part of the problem.

I'm not trying to offend you here, but you should have known they wouldn't do something sensible. You could have just logged out and let someone else, hopefully another player and not an idler, slip through.
  3. Outlawl4ever New Member

I tested this out so I didn't have to potentially wait to log back on again. I did it for 3 hours last night and managed to get on. Be mad if you will I'm not offended.
  4. Scribe of Fury New Member

Not even mad, just making an observation.
  5. Qenduven Elder

I think by him being very blatant about the results of his test prevents DBG from continuing their lies about their AFK solutions. If he were truly an *** he wouldn't have made this post. So your "observation" is kind of silly.
  6. Weebles Augur

If I had known I'd be locked out all day I'd have stayed in overnight too...
    nectarprime123 likes this.
  7. Amoeba Augur

He probably never even signed on and just made the post to incite the trolls.
  8. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

Man the number of white knights willing to condemn anyone who calls BS is just mindblowing.

Good job OP. Trust but verify is healthy, and nothing wrong with calling BS when verification fails.

I'm not going to deny that devs are kicking AFK players, but you can literally stroll through nearly any decent newbie zone and see loads of AFK's just sitting around.
  9. Alandros Elder

Yes, as we see on the twitter feed:

They've already confirmed they've had to resort to manually kicking people. Personally I can never take a post seriously that's posted in all caps lol.
  10. deathdodge Journeyman

its amazing how riot can manage to spawn thousands upon thousands of instances of league for millions of players but EQ cant handle a couple of thousand on a server.....
  11. Brelar Journeyman

Since they now have offline baz, there's no reason why they can't have stronger anti-afk measures. Maybe it will reduce the number of semi-afk buff bots.
  12. Antarious New Member

I don't have any issue with the OP being blatant about going afk or posting about it. DBG's are the ones that should be looked at poorly in my opinion. Its their game so if this is what they really want.. fine... but I didn't come back to try and support them for this so ... whatever.
  13. Kalipto Augur

Afk detection is too easy to trick. Mouse click programs and "press a key every x minutes" programs are too easy to download.

Honestly we just need another server.
  14. Alandros Elder

You don't understand the difference between a MOBA and an MMORPG do you. I'd suggest learning more before you make comparisons like this. The networking and load is more akin to an FPS in a MOBA than a MMORPG, meaning you have massively smaller populations on many more instances running which makes it infinitely easier to scale.
    JonLeePettimore likes this.
  15. Outlawl4ever New Member

I was definitely logged in all night last night on both my main and alt account. Thanks for calling me a troll to entice. It was more of an observation about how the DEV's and especially Holly are liars.
  16. Mardy Augur

AFK is a thing in EQ, just logon to EQ Live and check the guild lobby or bazaar. In order for them to do something about afk'ers, they would have to code it in, and decide if they want to apply it also on EQ Live. I suspect they'll come up with something but it's gonna take some time for them to figure out exactly how they want to limit afk players.

In other words I'm sure they'll have a solution sooner or later. Sucks right now, but it is what it is.
  17. Akimo Elder

I love you the best way a man can love another man. Keep trolling hard big timer.
  18. JonLeePettimore Journeyman

Pics or it didn't happen.
  19. TheVoid Journeyman

You do understand it is the AFKers filling the server. The OP even if he is not one, still validates the problem. This was and always is the problem on any new server that has no afk check.
  20. Mardy Augur