How about rebooting the server to kick the AFKers out?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Sulla, May 22, 2015.

1. Sulla New Member

Title says it all. Reboot and let the real people play.

I had a feeling I shouldn't of logged out last night. I regret it now.
    Limit likes this.
  2. Limit New Member

3. neverrain Elder

Yep. Totally fair to the people who are legitimately online and playing.
  4. Sulla New Member

If they're playing and at their keyboards, it's not that big of an issue. they simply log back in.
  5. vardune Augur

how about that is the stupidest idea I have seen posted. How about they up the cap and or ANOTHER SERVER.
  6. neverrain Elder

"Simply logging back in" is working so well for others right?
  7. Potsos76 Augur

"Inconvenience everyone because I am personally inconvenienced."
  8. Akimo Elder

They way things are going, I feel as if a reboot would cause the login server to crash. That would be hilarious. I would laugh.
    Dude McBlasto likes this.
  9. Akimo Elder

I like you, we see eye to eye here.
  10. Sulla New Member

Um. the loggin server is fine at the moment. This isn't peak time anyway. It wouldn't be an issue. It's just the server itself is at full capacity.
  11. Akimo Elder

If the server is full, any there are this many people trying to login, I wouldn't doubt that if everyone was pushed back to the login server that it would cause problems. Not 100%. Just saying the way things are going it probably would happen.
  12. Bazzarac Lorekeeper

don't need an actuall reboot, just close the network to the server for a few mins, then everyone gets kicked to serverselect and you can get back in (assumeing your idea that getting rid of the afkers actuall work)
    rebooting the server not needed, just the network to the server in question

Bazz
    Masta Slacka
  13. neverrain Elder

Please, tell us more of your expertise in server management for Everquest games. These assumptions are entirely based on the fact that there are less people trying to log in than there are people who are in game, afk or away from the keyboard. Arm chair server operations for the win.
  14. Eldrian Augur

Thought it over and it seems all the AFK's are sitting in the noob zones. Instead of a full server restart I know individual zones can be reset by themselves so how about just restart the noob areas.
    Dude McBlasto likes this.