Duo?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by cknuckles, May 21, 2015.

1. cknuckles New Member

Forgive the noobness. Havent really played since like 2001?

Wife and I are starting fresh, and she wants to play a Cleric. What would be a good duo partner for us to start up? No boxing here, just not our thing.

I know this isn't the class discussion board, but wasn't sure if things are different on a progression server or if the live stats are the ones that are working when this server opens...

Any advice appreciated...
  2. ShenXX Lorekeeper

Enchanter would be good, but won't take off till mid 20s. Also if you aren't comfortable charming it'll be a problem,

You could also do a tank and have a good base to add others to group.

Mage could also carry you for quite awhile, just heal the pet/stun.
    cknuckles likes this.
  3. Alard New Member

My friend and I did a mage/cleric combo on P99 and it was awesome. Used the fire pet with full cleric buffs and just CH'd it when it got low. Caster mobs got DD'd down fast and extra adds got rooted from the cleric. I would imagine it will be even stronger here with the mage pets not being toned down from live. Whatever you choose, good luck to you, have fun :)
    cknuckles likes this.
  4. cknuckles New Member

Thanks folks! Now all we need is a good friendly guild, lol.
  5. Elkay Augur

Def Mage.
    cknuckles likes this.
  6. Massimo_Bertoxx Augur

If you plan on grouping mostly, It's hard to beat a cleric and tank duo. The backbone of a balanced group.

If you plan on duoing that duo can be kind of painful. I've done it in classic with a girlfriend as well as a dual box setup on a regular server and a progression server. Especially untwinked, it can be kind of a pain because the tank doesn't kick out enough DPS in most situations. The cleric either blows their mana load healing the warrior or healing and nuking creating tons of downtime between pulls. It's doable but it gets burdonsome in my experience.

If you really want to wreck shop with a cleric duo, go for a mage, imo. Cleric has lulls for single pulls and can buff and heal the pet. Mages are OP in classic here, also.

But if grouping is your thing, you really can't beat a cleric and tank duo. You can form a group of your own easily and it's easy to get groups, even if one has to wait while the other gets in. Contingent on adding the other when a spot for that role opens, of course. :) Life is good for clerics and tanks with social skills and/or a good group of friends or guild.
  7. Aiona Augur

Off the top of my head, my choices for a cleric duo partner would be:

Mage > SK/Necro > Beastlord > anyone who can snare > paladin > warrior > enchanter > everyone else
  8. Sizzlesnaps New Member

My buddy is gonna play a shammy, and i cant decide between SK Pally or Warrior, we plan to group with others as much as we can but want to be able to play just us if need be. What do you guys think would work best?
  9. Deadlyne Elder

I'd say choose Pally, rez is just so OP.
  10. Aiona Augur

Out of those three, SK by far - snare, potentially much better DPS, feign death, best snap agro, sexay DK horsey, etc.
  11. Sizzlesnaps New Member

What race would you recommend, we were thinking Ogre if went that route so we could start in the same place
  12. Ultrazen Augur

SK, you need something with snare so...SK, necro, would be the best duo, unless you start a DE cleric, I believe they have access to some sort of snare.

At any rate, SK/Cleric is pretty awesome, and you have the basis for a good group as it will be easy to add DPS.
  13. Aiona Augur

Yeah, that would work, but Dark Elf is probably better though, as a caster tank. Otherwise you're mana/spells will be gimped for a few expansions. Can always race change later though, if they allow them on the Market in Ragefire, whichever route you go.
  14. Wayylon Augur

Ogre: 5 in agi to get to 75, 15 in int puts you at 85...frontal stun immune 140 str 127 sta, destroys any DE Int advantage.