The Thank You Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Bigz_Zupdarty, May 21, 2015.

1. Bigz_Zupdarty Augur

As a long time EQ player I have seen all the ups and downs with verant/SoE/DBG over the years. I'm not going to try and lie and say the past few days haven't been messy. But the devs have done an outstanding job. Thank you for your tireless work, the long hours, and commitment you have shown.

Please try too ignore all the flames, and entitlement posts. Your real fans are behind you 100% every step of the way! The issues were unforeseen, and any real EQ player knows how messy it can be when u start picking at the code trying to add new things with out braking old things.

In closing.. Thank you for all that you have done, your hard work dose not go unappreciated.
    Trow, chinchey, Zujilli and 12 others like this.
  2. gluteous Elder

awesome job today guys and gals
  3. Fallfyres Augur

----------------

A hard job ...thanks, and lets all go have some FUN!
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  4. Katmandu26 Augur

Add my vote and heartfelt thanks. I've said it in many threads already, but I'd run screaming at the idea of rolling code back 15 years. You guys did it and put up with all of this for us. <3
    -----Cinexa----- likes this.
  5. Asiema Elder

All i know is you guys worked late on this through the night and are still pounding it and that says something. Ignore those blowing up, weve become quite the "i want it now!" Culture. I do understand about them being sad it didnt launch when planned but man, if i had a dollar for everytime in my life things didnt go as planned id buy DBG lol.

Good job guys and thanks for making this happen, im still totally excited!

Keep on it! We aren't going anywhere :)
    Ardy, gluteous and Bigz_Zupdarty like this.
  6. Rhaage Augur

7. Litoeon Lorekeeper

8. Jasrn New Member

/signed
  9. thumarr New Member

Have to agree with everyone here as wizard who started during closed beta, many mnay many moons ago...I too have seen the up and downs, crashes, issues, exploits and so on through the years. Even though I am just coming back after a few years of playing other games, this server got me excited to play again.

I know I will get to play as soon as the unforseen issues are delth with. The down time allowed me to install the newest Win 10 Tech Preview version, get all my drivers in working order, let me drink a lot of beer and listen to a lot of loud music as I kept check on the status. I resubbed and NO I DO NOT CARE ABOUT A REFUND!!! What is that anyway about 34 US cents. ( As I know the EULA states they do not guarantee any given uptime haha)

What I was glad to see was the openness, the communication and responisive to the problem...I have not seen that since the days or Varant.

SO TO THE DBG STAFF THANKS FOR WORKING SO HARD and THE MANY HOURS IN THE LAST 24 HOURS.
    Ardy, gluteous and -----Cinexa----- like this.
  10. Vexosis Journeyman

After all this testing I feel like I need a 2nd Ragefire bag! Just kidding...but no seriously.
  11. Pieboy New Member

Kudos to the devs: yes.
  12. Katmandu26 Augur

The transparency is pretty cool, isn't it? The devs are nothing like they are over at Blizz, where they are a bit condescending and have a "well, I said so and that's how it's going to be" attitude. It's very, very refreshing and reiterates that I made the right choice coming back to EQ.
  13. Faldy New Member

14. Sskefka New Member

Good job, devs, now get some sleep. Even though I know you guys will be secretly playing with us
  15. Popyus New Member

Great job to all staff. Tough release but you guys worked through it. Thanks from me at least, for what its worth.
  16. Krizem Augur

17. BestReleaseNA Augur

you people should lay off the koolaid
  18. Aiona Augur

19. equinox23 Journeyman

Kudos devs for all the hard work you've done. I'm sure it has been frustrating enough to deal with the game, but it sucks to see so many negative posts by unhelpful players. Don't mind them - we know things go wrong, and we support you! Meet me in Norrath and I'll buy/brew you some drinks! <3
  20. Jent Elder

They've been incredible, /signed