Please don't LOCK to small groups of players.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Benito, May 21, 2015.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

One of the sticking points during yesterday's opening and test occurred when the Server was immediately locked to small increments of players (100 or so at a time). It's really discouraging to think a lucky few will monopolize on the names rather quickly. Keep it open for all!
  2. Nizumzen Journeyman

And potentially crash the server for everyone because of the load?

You haven't thought this request through.
  3. equinox23 Journeyman

It was locked to a small number of players strictly for testing only. There is no reason to be upset about this - they're going to wipe it again. People who created characters/saved names will lose them again before its live. You're getting upset over nothing. The devs as well as some of us players have been working hard to test things and get it all figured out. Give them some credit please.
  4. gluteous Elder

names names names wah wah wah tired of hearing about losing names
  5. Kahna Augur

limiting it is good for the server and good for you. Keeps the server from crashing and helps spread out players, even with instancing the newbie zones will be crowded. In the grand scheme of things the small amount of time they get to play is insignificant. And they have just as much right to those names as you do. If you really run that great a risk of losing a name you want you need to get more creative about the names you use.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I'm not really upset. I am comfortable on Luclin Server with my mains.

I am posting this to prevent the barrage of complaints if they do an incremental opening.

I bet some of you will be a bit upset when you can't enter - for your name or race to the top...

I appreciate the devs' hard work. Pretty sure server can handle load - not sure about login server.
  7. Babyruthie Elder

Please do not lock to small numbers. People are taking names out of spite while everybody else is stuck at server select.
  8. Tronk Augur

They did that for TESTING. It was TESTING ... so they could get a handle on it. TESTING.
  9. Roger New Member

im stealing your name first babyruthie
  10. Widukind New Member

What the hell is up with this name thing?
  11. Goodnews Augur

They could have restricted the server to 1 character only for the first week or something. Just a thought for those worried about losing a name.
    svann likes this.
  12. Lord Binky Elder

I care more about the health of the server than your name. If that means they have to let people in slowly for some reason, whatever
  13. Potsos76 Augur

I really find it puzzling that people care so much about their name, especially considering if it were unique or very cool, there'd be little chance of anyone taking it anyway. If you're upset or angry you can't have Legolas or Drizzt or something equally dumb, I really don't feel too bad for you anyway.
  14. Batbener Augur

There can be only one Ecmule!
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Server didn't crash on yesterday's initial opening. My qualm is that they'll rush the server opening but unnecessarily treat it as a test again.

Some posters will be eating crow when they're stuck at Server Select for an hour when they can't spam click fast enough.
  16. Slayan Journeyman

All of the name babys need to get over themselves
  17. Tronk Augur

Because any of the recent tests had limits? People were popping up fast. They were not restricting it in any meaningful way, so why make a fuss?
  18. Tarrin Augur

O, be some other name!
    What's in a name? that which we call a rose
    By any other name would smell as sweet;
    So Romeo would, were he not Romeo call'd,
    Retain that dear perfection which he owes
    Ishbu, Widukind and Benito like this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

With Daybreak, I think it's best to be proactive with a friendly reminder...
  20. Tronk Augur

Ummm, no. That's just being an . They know what they need, and when, and for what reason. And, you can bet on it that they know it at all times, and more than you do. Clicking refresh on forums doesn't make you a developer.