Idea to fix the characters spawning in new instance (Dev please read!)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Roadrunner11, May 21, 2015.

1. jannemaroo New Member

*snicker*

2. Roadrunner11 Journeyman

Glad to see Holly tweet about it. It's good that they're considering multiple options while trying to fix the permanent issue!
  3. Kpom New Member

If Devs thinks its better my /claim small bag idea lets be so :)
  4. Vertoxis1 New Member

again if possible please do this to get us playing tonight at least

this is a rather minor problem that can easily be temp fixed, while the real issue is worked on
  5. Hurbicide Journeyman

If the issue has been isolated to instancing alone, then at this point is investing resources in a fix the wisest option for an issue that will be not an issue 1 month from now? Apply a work around and put a fix on the back burner.
  6. Zhama Elder

They have already they arent going to instance any zones with money items in them. The closest thing to a "fix" happening is having them release kunark early so theres more then 2 end zones to play in.
  7. gluteous Elder

Holly Longdale@TheWindstalker 21m21 minutes ago
    Incidentally, our plan B is to make merchants with the newb gear on them.
  8. Fallfyres Augur

--------------------------
    Problem here with these suggestions is that while DBG of course is concerned with getting the launch up...some players have different end goals than DBG. DBG >>>trying to figure out whats wrong and get it squared away AND get the server launched as quickly as possible but without further negative repercussions. Some players' goals at this point >>>>Just get the frick in and start playing even if its only bandaid fixed and then deal with the repercussions later.....
    ;o/ Two different goals.
  9. Goodnews Augur

I like the (1) /claim bag option. Lets get this rolling. Continue working on a permanent solution and implement it at scheduled down time. People have money to burn and have allotted this time for gaming goodness!

You could also place the vendor and remove the exp component from turning in the note to the Guildmaster, for now.
  10. Roadrunner11 Journeyman

Nice post. I appreciate your opinion. If you read over some of the previous posts, the devs have said that instancing was created to alleviate issues of congested level 1 zones. Adding these proposed fixes of a merchant or /claim bag fixes a minuscule issue in the entire picture of the server. After a few days or a week, there will be significantly less people zoning into these zones and probably little to no instances at all. The other zones past these zones are NOT instanced therefore this issue should not be reproduced in any other zone. The proposed fixes would allow people to play while they temporarily fix it and then work on their own pace and time to fix it permanently.
  11. DoRFspider New Member

Holly Longdale @TheWindstalker

·
    We are getting ready for another live TEST on Ragefire. We have all appendages crossed in hope.

What to look for this time? 1 more go at a real fix for the instancing problem?

Or are we testing out shiny new merchants or /claim solutions?
  12. Roadrunner11 Journeyman

Whichever solution it is, I hope it works so we can all play!
  13. Kahna Augur

Anyone who is quitting because of a little wait for the server launch never would have made it through a month on Ragefire, let alone 6 months of classic. It will be just as frustrating when those 500 newbs get out of the instances, if not more.
  14. Dima New Member

15. Roadrunner11 Journeyman

You have a very good point. Classic will definitely be overpopulated. Daybreak is working hard to get the server up for people to enjoy and have fun. I strongly believe they are working hard because it is not in their interest to lose customers.
    The longer it delays, the more human nature kicks in where people just find other games/things to do and that loses money for Daybreak. They're working hard and will find a solution. We just have to relax a little bit but I fully understand how frustrating it is for both sides.
  16. Roger New Member

17. Fallfyres Augur

-----------
    Yep...well thought out suggestion....I just think DBG has directed the devs to focus on correcting stuff now rather than later.