Issue found on no item source maybe?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Senvil, May 21, 2015.

1. Senvil New Member

In case no devs have seen it via in game chat looks like if you spawn in a instance gfay1-5 ect you seem to not get items and only if you spawn in the non instance.

Tested wood elf druid tunare and only got items when i was in gfay and all instanced spawns recieved no items.
  2. Tulgin Augur

Yep, it's to do with which instance you spawn in. Nothing to do with class / race etc.

Yesterday I spawned in Freeport instance 1 and was a level 50 heroic character, along with everyone else beside me.

Now they removed heroic characters, everyone spawning into an instance has no items.

Confirmed No Items:
    Gfay Instance 1
    Qeynos Instance 1
    West Freeport 3
  3. Kpom New Member

Seems Gfay is always no items.. First time me make wood elf he have gear, but 10 more wood elfs different class/diety have no gear..
  4. Absor Developer

GFay "always" has not items because it's pretty much always going to spawn your new character in an instance.

A
  5. DoRFspider New Member

I just hope all this testing is helping us narrow down a real solution. Making characters til my fingers bleed..
    Tronk likes this.
  6. Tulgin Augur

Type /pick and it will say which instance you've spawned into.

Is this fixable? Anyway to force all new characters to spawn into a non-instanced version and we have to /pick manually?

I've given up, it appears to be all instanced zones.
  7. gluteous Elder

spawned in 15 or 16 different newbs even in gfay all had gear
  8. Keii New Member

That would be amazing. I made a thread on that 10 minutes ago.
  9. Sinshyne New Member

My question is....would Halas and other locations act like GFay if there were instances of them? Everytime I spawned in Halas all looked good but there was only 1 zone..no instances
  10. Alexanders Augur

I created a bunch of elf characters during your test a few minutes ago. Some of them had items and were dropped into the original greater fay zone despite there being instances 1-5. Not sure why it did that maybe just random or number in greater fay occasionally dropped below the instance threshold?

Either way spawn new character in an instance no items, spawn in the original and it seemed fine at least for the various elfs i tested.
  11. Spynal New Member

I made a male wood elf and he had everything a new toon should have then i made a female wood elf and she had nothing
  12. Fizzle Augur

If there is more than 100 people you can type /pickzone to enter the instance of your choice
    Sskefka likes this.
  13. Dartaniun Augur

To test the instance problem I made multiple male wood elf tunare worshipping druids.

2 times I started with normal gear and new char setup I wasn't in one of the gfay instances. All of the others had no items, spells, or gear on them when starting in gfay2,3,4,5
  14. Greymere Augur

I don't believe Halas is ever instanced, they only instanced character creation areas that doubled as hunting grounds I think.
  15. Weverley Augur

You might be into something only character that wasn't good was We druid in gfay. Every other zones i made toon had only the original zone and everything was good.General seems to be missing in many places but that's probably because it was full.