WTF did I just do?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Juicepolice, May 21, 2015.

1. Manian Vineheart Lorekeeper

Alt + F4. Never forget.

That feel when you forgot your target and self root/snare yourself.
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  2. Jwrober New Member

Not really in game but this definitely is related. I played sooo much one year in college that it started to affect my RL.
    I had to drive 45 minutes on the interstate for a group project meeting one day and thought, "jesus, the drive is boring". So, i pulled behind a Toyota Corrolla and literally tried to mentally /follow. I grabbed back to wheel just before I ran into the ditch. Here's the best part, my first thought should have been, "it's time for a reexamination of my life" but instead my first thought was, "of course that didn't work, you weren't grouped with the Corrolla".
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  3. Dredlox Elder

Nothing like ae mezzing yourself while two mobs beat on your cleric......
    Katmandu26 and Ubique like this.
  4. Nalisa Lorekeeper

I remember paying 15bucks to get on the new progression server called ragefire, and the downsy gang couldn't get it right.

that was silly....
  5. Elyani Augur

Who hasn't? I hated that so much. I did it to my Trainer in Neriak moments after the first time I ever spawned into EQ. But when they changed auto-attack hotkey? It was YEARS later before I finally stopped hitting A thinking I was gonna attack stuff. Hated that, too. Not sure why I couldn't stop myself from thinking A was going to auto-attack. Even changed key-bindings so it would stop confusing me!!
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  6. MrSanders New Member

Na, now you are making up stuff.... ;)
  7. Ubique New Member

Waiting for the boat from Faydwer to Antonica, finally zone into Ocean of Tears only to lag through the bottom, drown and die. And there were no maps in the game at the time.
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  8. Juicepolice Elder

I always wanted to play a rogue so when this new hardcore KSing $%$%% TLP server came up I decided to roll Rogue so I could smack everyone else around and be all cool with my UBER damage.

Ragefire is so gonna be MY TIME to shine!
  9. Osgz Lorekeeper

Soo long story short first day i played was Barb War fell into well in halas couldnt get out for 3 hrs tried everything. Until my friend said press z look up and that should work. I was ducking the whole time i was pissed.
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  10. Regallion New Member

Was late for a raid and I'd already been put in a group. The raid was lined up by the mob getting ready to pull as I was running towards my group. My group had a bard in it with Selos going and as I got closer I suddenly launched forward with the massive speed boost and ran right into the named.

Suffice to say it didn't end well.
    Maryiene and Katmandu26 like this.
  11. tofu stir fry Augur

i had a blond moment yesterday while ragefire was briefly up ... decided for the first time i would make a gnome instead of a dark elf caster. as i loaded into the sh**ty city of akanon i was spammed with player x reached a tinkering skill of 50. this was perma spammed as i was trying to navigate about. i than proceeded to mention to guildies via said voice chat program wow looks like someones found a cheat ..... little did i know gnomes start with 50 tinkering skill ..... yeah definite blonde moment .... i than proceeded to verbal abuse via said voice chat program on and off for the remainder of my evening .... LOL
    Ubique and Katmandu26 like this.
  12. Azzudien Augur

Way back in original early 2000, No maps, my sense heading sucked, and running around West karana for an hour trying to find a zone line with the ghoul chasing me.
  13. Akimo Elder

HA! I started playing this games after about 4 months solid of Counter-Strike. I had my keys mapped for movement to w a s d. Needless to say, my first attempt to turn left ending in tragedy.
  14. bobjones1208 Augur

I was overwhelmed by the vernacular when I first started. I couldn't keep all the terms straight. Train, mob, aggro, etc. I had the EQ strategy guide by my computer and I would constantly refer to it when I needed to chat with somebody so I didn't sound stupid.

Well, I had been playing for a few weeks and got up to around level 10 as a young Halfling. So, I decided to venture into Clan Runneyeye. It was super crowded back then with a couple different groups near the entrance.

I begged for an invis and headed inside to explore. I've never had a good sense of direction, so I immediately became lost and found myself down near the Sporalis. Of course my invis dropped and aggro'd a ton of mobs.

I started running through the halls trying to find my way back to the entrance. Somehow, I actually managed to find my way back to the entrance and quickly realized the groups were exp'ing there.

I was so panicked that I couldn't remember what the word was for a bunch of angry creatures running after me. Knowing I only had a few precious moments before we were all pwned, I just started saying every word I could remember from the strategy guide. It was something like this...

Me, "Camp"
    Me, "Ding!!!!"
    Me, "Crowd Control!"
    Confused group, "Wha?"
    Me, "DPS DPS"
    Me, "Loot"
    Me, "Aggro"
    Confused group, "LOL?"
    Me, "Train!!!!!"
    Confused group, "...."

By that time about 50 mobs turned the corner and we all died. Those groups were not pleased.
  15. Dartaniun Augur

participating in a drunk kelethin race because some high level toon (like lv 10) in all banded armor said it was fun....
  16. Numiko Augur

I ran into a house in East Commons thinking the griffin flying towards me would not see me inside it!
    Katmandu26 likes this.
  17. Juicepolice Elder

My buddy played a Ogre tank and I played a Halfling cleric at the time. We had just pretty much out leveled Blackburrow but stayed around so we could be THE train stoppers for a couple of hours. My buddy was talking to me but I obviously was not paying attention because when the next mega train came through I jumped out in front and Yelled "I came here to kick your or eat bubblegum and I am all out of bubblegum". Then was swarmed by mobs as far as I could see and died horribly. My friend had gone to train.
  18. Juicepolice Elder

I so did that one to! Heck I remember thinking. How would it even attack me? Right before a HUGE claw suddenly appeared through the wall.
  19. Valsavis New Member

Looks like I was not the only one! I took it one step farther though! I petitioned asking why Poacher Dell was killing my Erudite Wizard. I was enlightened after a GM responded to my complaint and he explained it was an NPC.
    Ubique likes this.
  20. Sinshyne New Member

Was on my young ranger heading to the ent of The Hole. I zoned into Paineel newbie zone and hit auto-run talking to my guildies.....ran off the cliff instead of making my turn to the left.....fell, zoned into The Hole at the feet of the boss mob of the dungeon and died. Spent the next few hours begging necros to come summon my corpse so I could get my stuff back....

Best gaming memory I have!
    Katmandu26 likes this.