The actual issue they are fixing, Confirmed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Vulak-Arkadius, May 20, 2015.

1. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

This was confirmed by a friend of mine (whom im not going to name) but whats causing the issue with Ragefire is instanced zones for heroic adventure characters. When one of these characters enters said instanced zone this occurs, its hard coded and they didnt notice it until now when its at the forefront of the server launch.

Its not just an easy fix, and be patient...my suggestion would be to fix the issues Thurs/Fri and then relaunch Tuesday so there are no issues over the holiday weekend that would alienate the player base even more if issues arise or another wipe is needed.
  2. Banuvan Augur

While I agree they need to get down to the bottom of it waiting until Tuesday to launch is unacceptable. That would be 6 days lost for those of us who reactivated our subs to play on Ragefire.
    Mahrsalla and Tamier like this.
  3. Katmandu26 Augur

I don't think waiting until Tuesday would be viable. There are a lot of people that subbed for this and losing that much time may do more harm than good.

I do agree that we should be patient and let them fix it. :)
  4. Tamier Augur

And how would you address not alienating the people who took a week or two vacation to get a good jump at launch?
  5. oshnappleton Journeyman

Unfortunately, it's going to take as long as it's going to take. You can't just pull developers out of the sky that already know the existing code base.
  6. Maximz Journeyman

June 1st would be a good re-launch date.
  7. Babyruthie Elder

Sub costs and I know plenty of people that took time off from work for this. There would be some seriously salty people if they wait past the whole weekend.
  8. beyrak Augur

DB should be more stand up and take the well deserved criticism they are receiving on the forum and not remove threads and ban OP's.
    Elkay likes this.
  9. kain200 Augur

Can you explain what you mean by this? Instanced zone for heroic adventure characters? I am not familiar with the newest expansions on live so I don't know how the heroic adventures work.
  10. Zycor New Member

LOL RE-LAUNCH TUESDAY?

Some of us took time off for playing EQ this memorial weekend.
    Jonalexander and Tamier like this.
  11. Banuvan Augur

Not to mention it's a holiday weekend. How many people had expected to sit down in front of the computer all weekend?
  12. Elkay Augur

I would rather them credit accounts a week than deal with server wipes or a buggy server all weekend.

But.. I would like to play all holiday weekend. I'm so torn!
  13. Vulak-Arkadius Augur

lets not add anymore fuel to the fire Beyrak, its already been done enough
  14. Tamier Augur

True enough, and if it takes that long, it takes that long. But intentionally putting off launch after a fix until Tuesday would be a bad idea imo.
  15. Elkay Augur

This guy!
    Deadlyne likes this.
  16. Random_Enchanter Augur

did your friend explain how heroic chars are getting made?
  17. Chips Elder

What does it mean, "he issue with Ragefire is instanced zones for heroic adventure characters. When one of these characters enters said instanced zone this occurs, its hard coded and they didnt notice it until now when its at the forefront of the server launch."?

Do you mean once a character switches to the other instance they instantly become level 50?
  18. Snuffalot Journeyman

Says the guy making a post that ignites said fire.
  19. Blingx Augur

Maybe DBG could fax a formal letter to their bosses asking that their vacations be extended so that they can experience the video game for the full duration of their vacation.
  20. Almir Elder

Or realize if there is already 14 threads complaining about the same thing, there isn't a need for a 15th.