Just saying- Thanks to the Devs

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Random_Enchanter, May 20, 2015.

1. Random_Enchanter Augur

Not trolling here. Really want to thanks the Devs who are on staff working on all the issues here for as long as they have been. Hope you all get these issues fixed so you all can go home and have a life outside work!

Big thumbs up to you all (and anyone else who is still there trying to help sort this storm out)
    :cool:
    Jadefox, MBear, Ceara and 10 others like this.
  2. Almir Elder

Same, not trolling.

It didn't work out but thanks for putting in the time. Hopefully we'll get a fix tomorrow.

Thanks again.
  3. Lekkric18 Elder

Chiming in here. Thanks for working on it, and for saying definitively that it's down for the night so I can get some sleep instead of pointlessly clicking the login until I faceplant into my keyboard.
    Gknight, Ceara, Riftzen and 1 other person like this.
  4. Random_Enchanter Augur

Additionally, thanks for pulling the possible all night shifts to get this crap fixed if you do
  5. FlthyCatfsh New Member

Agreed. Thanks for all the extra hours trying to make this a reality for all of us.
    Jackie V. likes this.
  6. ShenXX Lorekeeper

I want you to know I'm not mad at you...
    I'm just disappointed.

):^D
    Jackie V. likes this.
  7. Chips Elder

Thank you all as well. :) Issues happen on launches.
    Jackie V. and Ceara like this.
  8. Ltldogg Augur

Agree. Thanks for the effort. Take your time, get it right and most importantly, put the employees health first! Thanks and have a good night DBG :)
    Jackie V., Ceara and Oldschool like this.
  9. Ceara New Member

Agree!

We're all disappointed that it worked out this way (not just us players, but the Daybreak team as well), but it is what it is at this point. They have been there all day, and pretty late into the night to boot. Notwithstanding, they will likely be there through the night in order to get this ironed out.

Thank you guys, and here's to a better start tomorrow! Hope you guys can get some rest soon.
    Jackie V. likes this.
  10. Slayan Journeyman

Thanks for the heads up and the hard work. Better to take it down till tomorrow instead of wasting peoples time waiting for it to come back up.
    Get out the bugs and we will meet again tomorrow :)
    Jackie V. and Ceara like this.
  11. fsh000 New Member

Was gonna make a thread to say Thanks. You guys didnt even have to make the TLP in the first place. So thanks for making it i dont care when it goes up i will still be playing and will be thankfull
    Ceara likes this.
  12. FlthyCatfsh New Member

Whats lazy about dealing with unforeseen issues?
    Jackie V. likes this.
  13. Osco Journeyman

I agree with the nice people. Thanks to the Devs for trying to make it work.
    Jackie V. likes this.
  14. Elkay Augur

Thanks for staying late, DBG staff. (not just the devs!) I'm sure you'll get it figured out tomorrow with fresh eyes.
    Jackie V. likes this.
  15. Random_Enchanter Augur

You are the one who decided to spend all day waiting for one of the many servers to be up, not them. Go and whine elsewhere if your that ungrateful for them for even trying to provide this opportunity
  16. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I didn't sub to play on anything other than this new server. I'd guess everyone that sub'd in the last day or 2 did the same exact thing I did. I would never sub to play EQ on any other server they have period.
  17. Random_Enchanter Augur

then i'm curious, whats different on this server than the other TLP servers?

Also if you HAVE been playing since 2003, you should know very well the problems innate to bring up new servers with special rule sets
  18. Jackie V. Journeyman

I would much rather play on a server that is running well where people are having a good time running for their lives for not being mauled by a wolf or a bear in some zone, than to be on one that is messed up and unstable. So yes thank you guys for taking more time to do this right. I am a little bummed :( but I am not angry or flipping out. I know things will be good. Thanks for being troopers guys! I appreciate you! :cool:
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Last time I played was around 2003 maybe 04 I can't remember. New server, fresh start, closest to classic setting.

Without this server I'd never sub to EQ. I don't know the game beyond level 60 don't wish to know it or play beyond that anyhow.
  20. oshnappleton Journeyman

Being a software engineer is incredibly difficult, and they're working with code that's from 1999. I can't imagine how large the existing code base is. If you didn't expect something to go wrong, you're not smart. And not smart in a binary world means one thing.

Also, you guys realize that these software engineers don't have to work in games and can get cushy jobs where they don't have to put in over time, right? Or deal with a toxic, a$$hole community? They are working at SOE because they love games. That's the only reason. So take it easy and be patient. These are extremely complicated machines we're dealing with.