level 50's already

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oleris, May 20, 2015.

1. yellowzombie Elder

Yeah, big time on that one. I didn't even know this was a problem when I was on grabbing my names. I even saw someone complain in general chat about lvl 50s, but I thought it was a joke about powergamers :p

I really hope none of my characters were bugged out and I'm unable to go delete them, so the name is lost forever. That seems a bit rash.
  2. DoRFspider New Member

Punishing players who actually did nothing wrong other than be forced to endure DBG's mistakes is the most arrogant thing I've ever heard of a gaming company doing..

That being said, I don't care about character names.
  3. Dnice New Member

twitch.tv / kickzzthemonk
  4. Riftzen New Member

It might be the fastest, most brute force method of dealing with said bug? No idea. Mostly here for the popcorn...and I don't even like popcorn.
  5. Fixx New Member

I feel I need to apologize Absor - I think the hype and expectation from all us is making the air thick with madness.
    You guys tried to get this running much faster than the expected date of June so I appreciate your entire teams efforts. Now, lets just step back, view the issues, knock them out one at a time and get our game on! :)
    urinezombie likes this.
  6. oleris Elder

Well, this sucks.... but at least they are trying to fix the issue instead of ignoring it. I appreciate your hard work DBG... let's make this server a success.

-Olerris
    sihpa and Umman like this.
  7. oleris Elder

I think the most surprising thing is that there is such a HUGE demand for this server. I hope that DBG will realize this and offer other locked servers in the future (PoP locked please).
    sihpa and MBear like this.
  8. Tyche Elder

I've fine with them changing my monk to level 1 before the servers come up, but don't threaten and accuse your customers when they don't have any control over the situation.

Keep in mind there were also level 1's that got heroic gear. And there's the crescent reach guild notes. And probably other things 10 mins of uptime didn't find yet...
  9. MBear Augur

Yeah! Now we are getting somewhere.
  10. Mardy Augur

That's not surprising, they had to launch 2 servers last time to support the demand. There's really no reason to think this time would be any different.

What they didn't learn from last time is that they should've designed a login queue system before launching a new progression server, or put the whole EQ on a mega-server infrastructure. It's ridiculous to have to keep clicking and trying when you know there are hundreds if not thousands trying to get in but can't due to a low server pop cap.

They also don't seem to get people leave after certain expansions. So in a way you're right, they should definitely look into more options with these locked server rulesets. Honestly the popularity is no surprise to anybody who has followed the progression servers from version 1.0 to 3.0. It's really SOE, and now Daybreak, management that can't seem to "get it" totally right just yet.
    sihpa likes this.
  11. oleris Elder

any chance of an ETA?
  12. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

I think the only thing missing right now for a full "clasic experience" is having so many posts in a thread that we break the forum...
  13. Lekkric18 Elder

What disappoints me the most is that the 50's went to guk. Come on, guys, if you're gonna cheat, cheat!. Go big or go home, I say. You should have all downed Naggy while you had the chance!
  14. Rauven Augur

For someone to cheat means they are compensating for something. In this case.. lack of skill to obtain the levels and gear legitly

Even with a fully geared 50.. they would have been rekt by Naggy or Vox.
  15. Tanecho Augur

Request name change... "Ragefire" into "Burned Woods"... We never know where it's going to be!