level 50's already

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oleris, May 20, 2015.

1. DoRFspider New Member

WTB an ETA... Some of us have lives, or at least other things we could be doing.

None of this sudden "ok we're good the server is back up!" from Holly on twitter.

Can I also point out how much I hate having to go to Twitter to get the most recent updates when there is a perfectly good forum here?
    Barton, Torbulus and Deadlyne like this.
  2. Potawatomi Augur

This dude made this account for the sole purpose of trolling. I wish I had your free time.
    urinezombie and Silv like this.
  3. Silv Augur

If you log into the server screen, go hit the chat button. They have a scrolling update at the top. Last I checked it said ~7 PM PDT anticipated unlock time.
    Deadlyne likes this.
  4. Silv Augur

Er sorry, 5 PM.
  5. Potawatomi Augur

Instead of being condescending with you "its a simple question". You should go back and read what he wrote. You know, the part where they said they weighed the options and chose not to. Reposting the same as everybody else is counterproductive.

Edit. Weren't you the same person who was saying how they aren't going to play in some long wall of text?

Edit 2. Yep.
  6. Tachyon Augur

There's nothing more classic EQ than a few bugs!

They'll figure things out and all will be well. Thanks crew!!
  7. Koshnek New Member

Logging in~
  8. RaZoor Journeyman

wait.. server restored.. OMG im in...
    4 lvl 50s are in too.....

CLOWNSHOES!!!!
  9. Dredlox Elder

Hey Hey Hey Absor,

What's going to be more work now? Deleting all the gear and spells from level 1's or wiping the server?
  10. Rauven Augur

Apparently there is more 50s than not... there's a bug causing peeps just to login at that level. Even without trying to glitch it.

This might take a while to fix. As in a simple wipe won't get it. What sense does it make to wipe and restart with people still logging in as a 50?
  11. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Just created a new char, human male paladin of rodcet starting on qeynos... aaaaaaaand it's level 50 on full defiant.

Can confirm no money though, for those worried about that.
  12. Mardy Augur

I blame the money grab that is heroic characters. Didn't have this problem with last round of progression servers, ugh.
  13. Deadbones Journeyman

Also in but... [IMG]
  14. The Badger Lord Augur

server re-opens, even more level 50s than before, server locked. How many level 50s are trying to stash as much as they can from any fresh kills or even hill giants (most? probably not, but some? definitely) if the perception wasn't already skewed, it's getting worse. nothing but a wipe will re-set the public opinion on this server.
  15. demigod Journeyman

Could this be due to those names having been betabuffed? I'm pretty sure i saw a Menea lvl 50 and that was what my betabuffed toon's name was.
  16. The Badger Lord Augur

I don't mind if wiping takes work. But absor talking about a wipe requiring tons of work and doing what's right, which is not wiping the server because of lost exp pots, etc used by honest players.

However, that's not right, that's convenient.

Doing what's right always takes more work. Doing what's right would be a clean wipe and restoring the necessary items/pots used to players regardless of how much work it takes.

Re-setting the public opinion by re-setting the server is the only way your dealing with the perception of unfairness here.

Server just re-opened a 2nd time and now you have even more level 50s. Even more of a chance of a corruption.
    Barton likes this.
  17. Muligan New Member

I guess i'm not understanding why did they not run two servers in parallel for this release? Run a Ragefire (Beta) and a Ragefire, make the beta available to us to bug report and break, make the necessary changes to Ragefire, and on release day take down beta, make final changes to the non-beta server and then bring up Ragefire. Delete Beta server/resources. For all I know they could have done this but reading between the lines this was definitely overcomplicated with their decision to maintain characters from the beta.

I feel bad for them. Holly and the team look to be working hard to make this happen but I can't tell if they brought this upon themselves or not.
  18. RaZoor Journeyman

Oh your being trolled by not by me....*points to the orange eye in the sky
  19. BACKSPACE000 New Member

Holy cow, how ridiculous is this going to get?

Re-open the server and dozens more level 50's flood in...

Still no wipe...
  20. Dredlox Elder

LOL

Guk!

[IMG]
    Fixx and RaZoor like this.