level 50's already

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oleris, May 20, 2015.

1. Dredlox Elder

Have you been gaming long? Whether it's true or not that perception will linger and flood the forums for the life of the server, if there even is one. Just look at the rumor mill all ready, you think it will stop cause some forum dev said so? A wipe negates all of that, ya it's more work according to Dr. A, but who cares, it's better for the community of the server AS A WHOLE but that's not an option for them, just like they seem ok with the server being full after 5 minutes....let it ride....
    RaZoor likes this.
  2. RaZoor Journeyman

on second thought we can all agree to a half azzd roll back delete, assuming all devs login on level 1's that are pvp for the next week and allow us all to kill you over and over again.
    Rhiyannon likes this.
  3. OldSchoolFS New Member

Yes we know. We're babies who wanted the same shake as everyone else because you don't care. Good job kissing his at the end too.
    Torbulus likes this.
  4. Rils New Member

I think it's all just a big PR stunt!
  5. Koshnek New Member

Guys, its level 13(?). Out of 50. Over 6 months. Its ok. If its that big of a deal, Kunark gives you another shot to be first. Then so does Velious...etc.

Now, if there was plat and items going about, that is different. It needs to be fixed immediately. It looks like it wasn't an issue, and if it is then its being addressed.

Btw, I'm a returning player who has been looking forward to this for several weeks that began around Velious and hasn't played since OOW. I had to stare at the lock screen for 30 minutes before I found out it was bugged, and I don't have a level 50.

Guys, pls. I don't understand.
    urinezombie likes this.
  6. Dredlox Elder

Headline reads "DBG allows level 50s on their brand new PROGRESSION server!"

Great PR there amirite lololol
  7. The Badger Lord Augur

The simple question: Why wouldn't you wipe?

Honest people who played lose nothing except for 20-60 minutes.

However, any dishonest people who took advantage of this simply destroy the idea of the server. They investigated people had no unfair advantages, but how can that be guaranteed without going through every character's DATA? Are they doing this? are they going through all the plat on the server, etc. Even if only 1 person escaped with some gear or plat, the integrity is compromised.

EVEN if there was no damage done (which many people doubting) the mere fear and public opinion of damage being done is irreversible. The perception of integrity of the server is compromised. The only way you can quell people's fears or (perception of unfairness) is to wipe the server immediately.

Speaking of unfair advantages, it seems many people logged in early and were playing, while many other people planned to get home (off work, etc) @ 3pm.

The people who logged in and continued playing for an hour have up to an hour, which is an advantage however small it may be. Even if the advantage was only creating names, that was still an advantage. Whether you care about names or not, does not matter. It's an advantage. Some players created up to 8 toons (even posted about it) and reserved their names before the majority of people even knew the server was open and were waiting for 3.

You do not open the new museum at 2:30 when you sent out official invitations to open at 3:00.

Conclusion: There was an unfair time advantage by opening at an unscheduled time, and furthermore by locking people out. Certain players had a chance to play the game, craete characters, while other's did not. There is no saying that's not an advantage, even if you don't care about any of it.Period, End of Story.

By wiping the server you don't lose anything but 20-60minutes for people who played. By not wiping the server you are losing the perception of a fair and honest progression server. By not wiping you risk the reputation and integrity of the server from the start. Why would you NOT wipe the server. There is really nothing lost by doing so, but you gain back player trust and server integrity. By wiping the server, you lose nothing, By not wiping the server, you risk everything.
    Torbulus likes this.
  8. 3nn10 Journeyman

people calling for wipes are just that others are ahead of them. Get over it; why wipe an entire server for something they can stamp out without it?
  9. Dredlox Elder

How bout a new server then let us that want a fresh start have it and the others can keep their....lolbags?
    Fixx likes this.
  10. Silv Augur

Guess you didn't get your name either, huh?
  11. 3nn10 Journeyman

Badger is so upset that people got a 30 minute headstart because they were in earlier than posted; probably the same guy who when the server comes up 30 minutes late...
  12. OldSchoolFS New Member

You're entitled to your opinion but I don't understand how you can have a debate if you don't understand the other side. It's not about being first. I don't care about someone being level 10. What I do care about is not starting at the same time as everyone else when I was here early and ready. Some genius over there popped the server half an hr early. If they had not, this would be different.
  13. Rils New Member

Bad press is still free publicity!
  14. Silv Augur

If you were here "early" then how did you miss the "early" launch? :rolleyes:
  15. RaZoor Journeyman

Ok Absor... can you 100 percent guarantee this did not happen..
    level 50 heroic created...15kpp sent to shared bank...toon deleted
    account 15kpp richer..
    or worse yet.. the 6 boxers did that 6 times?

everyone whining about name changes and level 12 wtfever.. its about the economy plain and simple.

what if i said i have 6 accounts and did it myself on ONE acount could you find THAT account assuredly? if you cant answer yes unequivocally to both of those questions then you must wipe!
  16. DoRFspider New Member

I was here 5 minutes early, and the server was already locked... So yeah.. that's 1 way to miss the "early" launch.
  17. Ishbu Augur

I need to know that everyone who had a level 50 is wiped. Sorry to those who had that happen, but that is the fair route. Its not the buffs/PL ability I care about, its how easy it wouldve been to kill something of a higher level and get something in the server that is able to be traded and does not belong yet.

If not, then a full wipe. You cant start a new from scratch server by giving even a chance of someone getting anything, no matter how miniscule it might be a month from now. Why? Because i know of at least 4 subs that wont be paying a month from now if you dont, and I highly doubt thats it.
  18. Fixx New Member

Any IT guys in here that can tell us how long it takes to restore from backup?
    I'd think the code changes of level 50's would be the hardest part.
  19. yellowzombie Elder

So many words, rehashing the same old crap that's been flung around this forum.

Take a few steps back and truly, rationally analyze every single accusation and claim you made. They're all totally hollow and meaningless. "Perception of integrity"? How on earth, in the context of what the devs are actually saying happened, is the integrity of this server seriously jeopardized going forward?

"Unfair time advantage"-- are you joking me? Stop, think about what you're saying. It's plainly ridiculous. Is this whole game just a stupid race to you, where other players in a PvE environment are your enemies? If it is, then maybe you need this roadblock to help you recognize priorities.
  20. Riftzen New Member

Random derailment...is this Ishbu of Dissolution/Condemned fame on EQ2?