level 50's already

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oleris, May 20, 2015.

1. NickDanger Elder

There were reports from people who were online that there were level 50's PLing low level characters. Tough to believe level 12 and 14 characters within half an hour without that.
  2. Juruviel New Member

If they say it, it must be true.

"You just keep on trying till you run out of cake. And the science gets done. And you make a neat gun. For the people who are still alive. I'm not even angry."
  3. Triumph Journeyman

Ragefire is bouncing now. We are deleting the 50s. We tracked player progress and no one has an unfair advantage. No wipe! #everquest
  4. Jmcfarland105 New Member

I asked about plat, they said the heroic scripts did not generate any, so I'm ok with no wipe.
  5. yellowzombie Elder

Cool. This server could apparently use less players so all of you whiners threatening to leave on some nonsense "advantage" in a non-competitive game are doing us all a favor if you actually follow through on your threat.

But we all know it's hot air bluster so never mind! ;)
    unbalanced likes this.
  6. unbalanced New Member

I am literally over here dying right now lol. You all asked for the classic EQ experience ... well we are getting it right now. My god the nostalgia is perfect. I am not QQ'ing btw this is just what I remember from dam near every early expansion and patch lol.
    Deadlyne, Rils and Silv like this.
  7. DoRFspider New Member

Holly Longdale@TheWindstalker 4s4 seconds ago
    @TeamCoFH no one benefited. all players were in level groupings. no one is way out ahead. the buffs that help players most are 15/30 min

That's 15/30 minutes of awesomeoness that the rest of us don't get. This is supposed to be as close to the classic experience as we can get without making you actually work on it. I sat down at my computer at 3PM PST like the majority of us, and now know that there are already lvl 12s. How is that not an advantage? It's certainly enough of 1 to enfuriate me.. can't speak for the rest of us...
  8. Deadbones Journeyman

Ragefire is bouncing now. We are deleting the 50s. We tracked player progress and no one has an unfair advantage. No wipe! #everquest
    -Holly Longdale (https://twitter.com/TheWindstalker/status/601158471032123392)

No one trusts soe or db when something like this is said, you should have just wiped it.
    Zeksy likes this.
  9. BACKSPACE000 New Member

Have they mentioned anything in game globally about what their plans are?

They opened the server prematurely after announcing when it would launch. I am not sure who's bright idea that was, but they should have thought that decision through a bit better.

They have level 50 characters still even now with the server locked causing all sorts of chaos with the fairness of the whole thing, buffing alts, moving plat and equipment all around, people being already level 15 while the server is still locked...

I am hoping they may have announced a wipe globally on the server itself, since they haven't said anything of the sort other than "level 50's please don't do anything right now" on twitter. If their idea is just to remove the bug and set the level 50's to level 1 and leave things to run like that, then I don't really want to play anymore.
  10. RaZoor Journeyman

DoRFspider likes this.
  11. Xenic New Member

The heroic script might not have generated plat, but they could have sold their gear and gave that plat out.
  12. Jadefox Augur

You hacked your guildie's account?

--Jade
  13. Tachya Elder

People who used their 50's to powerlevel should be banned, because they knew very well what they were doing, and it's people with this mentality that are ruining MMO's. They have no place on an EQ progression server of all things.
    Fixx likes this.
  14. Silv Augur

No? Try again. I was saving their name on my account by creating a character. They were unable to do it themselves since the server got locked before they could log in.
  15. Azrael Elder

It was up for what, 30-60 minutes? Just wipe the dang thing, no chance someone hasn't figured out how to take advantage of it already, even after removing the 50s. May as well just start clean, or people will complain about 'unfair advantages from launch' for weeks. Never will have another chance to start clean again.
  16. BACKSPACE000 New Member

Why was something like this allowed? Who decided that would be a good idea?
  17. RaZoor Journeyman

yea he clearly said that.....
  18. Absor Developer

Alllllrighty then!

First and foremost, I don't have complete information, so what I'm going to say is based on preliminary findings. I'm pretty confident, however, that it is correct. I shall use bullet points, because people are more likely to trust information presented in bullet format. It's also easier to read and digest.
    • There were probably under 80 characters that logged in at level 50.
    • NONE of the gear they received was tradable.
    • They spawned with NO PLAT.
    • We know of EVERY character that spawned at level 50.
    • Those people do NOT appear to have been CHEATING in any way. Characters just spawned at level 50. So, unfortunately, we will not be seeing any apology videos. :(
    • We have no real idea why this happened, other than to say that it seems to be related in some way to heroic characters. People were not claiming them, they were just being assigned those characters.
    • IF this happened in beta, nobody reported it. We are pretty sure this didn't happen on beta. We can't say for certain, as we don't know exactly why it happened.
    • The current plan is to wipe the level 50's, prevent this from happening again, and bring the server back up.
    Those of you calling for a wipe are, I feel, exaggerating the issue but quit a lot. It IS possible that some buffs were given to some people, and they got to use them for as long as the server was up or the duration of the buff, whichever is less. This doesn't really seem to be a reason to wipe everyone's progress.

As I said, this is all based on preliminary information and I'm sure some of the information above will be in some way incorrect (might have been 80 characters...). We're double checking everything and will keep you updated.

Those of you who wish to believe that someone was able to gain a few hundred plat and reach level 20 with the help of these level 50 characters, I can't stop you from believing that. IF you have actual examples, please let us know with PMs and we'll look into it. NOTE, however, that if I have to spend an hour of my day looking into a blatantly false claim, I won't forget who sent it to me...

Anyhow, that's what I know right now. I or someone smarter than I will keep you updated on stuff.

A
    Aricka, randomtia, Ardy and 9 others like this.
  19. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

Exactly, if they don't do it right now (still only 1 hr after 'launch' ) it really will be too late.

If there are people over 15, that should not really be feasable in an hour in classic EQ.

Not to mention that buffs, PLing, farming items/plat and trading them to lowbie chars, can DBG truly verify and promise us that there is no 'unfair advantage?' Come on, I played this game for 8 years, there have already been unfair advantages created, a wipe must be done now or never.
  20. RaZoor Journeyman

WAIT.... i HEAR SOMETHING....
    P99 IS CALLING ME!!
    DoRFspider likes this.