Server wipe doesnt address Overpopulation issues

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by gander, May 20, 2015.

1. gander Augur

While I agree a server wipe is necessary, that doesn't fix server overload. We need a second server! Most of us were not able to log in.
    sihpa likes this.
  2. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

The server instancing was working fine, the server was LOCKED because people were logging in to level 50 characters. That was the problem, not overpopulation.
  3. Nuanil Elder

Once the poopsockers get dissentary and the fake sick leave people start earning a living again population will settle out.
    Aricka likes this.
  4. Boxal Lorekeeper

It only addresses the exploitation and broken economy prevention.
  5. Vessen Lorekeeper

When server was not locked it said over population.
    sihpa likes this.
  6. Dafroo Journeyman

I'm just still surprised they don't have a queue system setup. I don't mind waiting as long as I'm guaranteed to get in at some point.
  7. gander Augur

No, the server WAS NOT LOCKED but I could not log in. Message stated too many people on server.
    sihpa likes this.
  8. Katmandu26 Augur

Not quite. Many people were unable to log in before it was locked due to "server has reached capacity" messages.
    sihpa likes this.
  9. Trevalon Augur

That's not true. Aristo said in chat like 5 mins after it went up that the server had reached full capacity and they were not gonna let more people join until they saw that the server could handle it.

It wasn't for another 10 mins that they addressed the level 50 thing and then locked the server.

So overcrowding was an issue before it was ever locked. The server was full literally 5 mins after launch.
    sihpa likes this.
  10. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

I didn't see that, I was already on the server, and Aristo was conversing with people about the server load looking good. It was the level 50 characters that made them lock the server, and then decide to bring it down.
  11. Oberon Augur

this fixes server load if half the people cancel their access
  12. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Hey sorry, again I only saw what I saw him say. There was a lot of spam, and I hadn't yet redirected channels to different windows. I;m sure I missed it in the clutter.
  13. Myth Elder

when i tried logging in before it was locked, was getting the Full server message
    sihpa likes this.
  14. Lord Binky Elder

I'd be pretty okay with you never being able to log on, gander
  15. grimgore333 New Member

LOCKJAW
    sihpa likes this.
  16. Dredlox Elder

Server was definitely full, but who could have saw that coming right?
    sihpa likes this.
  17. tentimes Elder

The question is, was it just full because the world and it's wife wanted to play at one certain time and will it level out to normal in a day or two?
  18. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casual™

Well at least this debacle will get rid of half the people that would have just been pissy and then quit in a few weeks anyways.
    Aricka, Katmandu26 and MBear like this.
  19. Katmandu26 Augur

Lol... yay!
  20. sihpa Augur

LOCKJAW!