level 50's already

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oleris, May 20, 2015.

1. Vexen Lorekeeper

I agree.. Wipe it.
    As for the comment about the name grab, I would agree if they didn't open the servers early.

3pm PST should have been 3pm PST. With or without the bug, opening early was lame IMO.
    Dakotawolf and Bess_Xev like this.
  2. Malo New Member

I would hope once they fix the issue, they will just do a wipe then and let everyone start on and even slate.
  3. Faelim Lorekeeper

how did they get in before launch?
    Bess_Xev likes this.
  4. Riley Augur

[IMG]
    Hobitses, Malo and Silv like this.
  5. Chips Elder

The issue was probably caused by a beta command left in the game by mistake. They are working on this problem now. Issues happen on launch day on pretty much every mmo, so lets cut them slack. :)
    urinezombie likes this.
  6. yellowzombie Elder

Dude, it's less than 15 minutes after the stated start time and there's a technical problem. It's not like you threw your money away or that beta testing was a waste of your time.

Everyone needs to seriously calm down. Such hyperbolic nonsense being spewed at DB here. It's ridiculous.
    Jadefox and Dakotawolf like this.
  7. Alexanders Augur

Not sure how we failed at testing. I would bet its a change from moving server from beta to live. I personally created dozens of characters and not one of them started at anything but level 1 until i beta buffed them.
  8. Latch New Member

I wish we could get an idea of how long till it is up
    urinezombie likes this.
  9. Archae New Member

Yep, wipe it, and stop saying that things happen on launch day, not with a game this old, that should not have been possible, its simply sloppy work on DBG's part.

Without a wipe the issue will never die, the server should have only been open 15 min so far, so early launch was crap too to those of us who planned our login time today.
    Hobitses, DoRFspider and moogs like this.
  10. svann Augur

Wipe it. People that got names because they logged in before the scheduled time dont warrant my sympathy. They can try again with the same chances as anyone else.
    Bess_Xev and moogs like this.
  11. Deadshade Augur

Wipe EVERYTHING and restart clean.
    Will be much faster and cleaner than some half a....d attempts at optimisation.
    Like many I also start to regret to have paid an All Access today.
    Should have factored in 1 or 2 days of locking, restarting, patching, rewiping.
    Lekkric18 and moogs like this.
  12. AngorfLadroTholuxeP Augur

I don't care if it takes 24 hours, but there should be a full wipe done.
    The things level 50s could accomplish in under an hour are game-breaking at this point.

Honestly I'd have buyers remorse already if we are starting like this.
    Lock it, and fix it properly please... We remember many times having to wait patiently back in 2000, we can do it now 15 years later.

Just if it takes more than a day, please add a credit to our account for time lost as well :)
    Like many others, I just subscribed at 6PM EST
    moogs likes this.
  13. Almir Elder

Everyone calm down, grab the pitchforks and torches if they decide they're not going to wipe it and start over.
  14. Shemak Journeyman

One could hope for some kind of apology, thousands of all access... Appreciating you not going in full turtle mode but common a "yup".
  15. Vexen Lorekeeper

Do what's right by the players, wipe it, start all from scratch.

I would assume Holly can make that business decision so make it happen. :)
  16. Aricka Journeyman

Couldn't they just fix the issue that allowed these people to buff to 50 and then roll everyone back to level 1? That would fix the buffs, transferred items, experience gained, etc. Just because some of us were so excited we were staring at the login servers doesn't mean we should be punished because some people weren't! Come on Roshen!
  17. Nicolos Journeyman

Well, it sounds like it had something to do with Heroic Characters which should have been turned off completely. However, it seems like it was probably left on purposely because prior to Kunark opening they will try and get a quick buck and allow Heroic Characters to happen. But yes, once it's fixed, please just wipe it all together. It opened 30 minutes before it was supposed to anyway so no harm.
  18. archy Lorekeeper

wipe, rollback, fresh start! Only 20min into the LIVE server.
  19. KingOfPepsiMax Lorekeeper

yeah it's amazing how easy it is for the Beta testers to never test a Veeshan based Bard when you put 75% for the mobs needed for Beta rewards in the Iksar noob zone.
    DoRFspider likes this.
  20. Kravitz Augur

This is to funny. Typical SOE, oh I mean DBG. :p