level 50's already

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by oleris, May 20, 2015.

1. Crystilla Augur

Agree, do a wipe on all characters so everyone starts fresh again.
    Templeton likes this.
  2. DoRFspider New Member

3. Mardy Augur

Some people say it may be the class/deity/race combo as someone ingame picked veeshan for a class and logged into a lvl 50 with heroic gear.

GG beta testers, gg (myself included), we failed at testing :D
    urinezombie likes this.
  4. Oberon Augur

now we see why they named it ragefire
  5. PikleInajar New Member

Yeah I agree wipe it, no reason to have any thing like this kill the first few days. It seems like a small thing but at this point a backpack and a cracked staff on your first kill is about as big as it gets. Haha, lvl 50 buffs or any piece of gear would throw things so far out of wack!

WIPE IT! Please! For us people who care about the true nature of what the game is! This wonderful piece of art that will last forever!
  6. Almir Elder

Assuming that's what will be done, that doesn't sound like a quick fix (a wipe that is).
  7. yellowzombie Elder

ETA on relaunch?

Also: don't wipe the server. That's so heavy handed, especially since people were trying to grab names they wanted to save. Get rid of the 50's, but otherwise it's not that big of a deal if some newb has a buff imho. The newbie zones are instanced, and it's not like a lvl 1, even with some insane buff, could really do a whole heck of a lot :p
  8. Xenyn Lorekeeper

don't care if it is a quick fix or not, the point is people are locked out, and the others in there with 50s are buffing themselves and dinging like crazy.
  9. PikleInajar New Member

I don't think anything at this point is a "Quick Fix" at all, but will give them more time to understand how much demand they have created! Thousands of us trying to log in at the same time on the same server, nothing changes under the sun. This is how EQ has been since when I started in beta in 1998. Watching the server select screen is about as classic as it gets, haha.
  10. Aafror New Member

I'm sure they'll wipe the server. If they didn't, this thing is going to be over before it started. I'm confident they will reset or somehow manage that error. I just hope they get it back online tonight.
  11. TheVoid Journeyman

What was Old is NOT NEW
  12. AmericanFarmer New Member

Tonight? I hope it goes back up in like 5 minutes
  13. Riley Augur

Wipe it.
  14. nosavynada New Member

need to wipe otherwise there could be characters who transferred equipment to lowbie toons. Also the buffs and experience gained during. Not fair to others who waited until the stated start time.
  15. DoRFspider New Member

Should I tell my friends I can come out into the world again.. or should I keep my plans on being a dungeon nerd all night?
  16. Alexanders Augur

I agree with those who have already said so you need to wipe the server. Characters have been buffed, gear and items potentially transferred and a bunch of level 50's. Not to mention this all happened before the supposed opening time of the server. You would think by now you guys would know how to launch a server but guess not. :(
  17. PikleInajar New Member

Dorf stay in for at least another hour or so! See how it goes!
  18. Wichie Wtf New Member

Never mind all the plat that was offloaded, items that were transferred, and whoknowswhat other sorts of shenanigans people tried toi get away with in the precious 10 minutes they had afforded to them.
  19. Adumbral Journeyman

IM very upset about this why was there even a beta i payed for 2 accounts just to play this
  20. Ozni Elder

Wipe it. The server shouldn't have launched before the announced time in the first place.
    Bess_Xev, Desicratex and Silv like this.