Guild Raiding Agreement

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by darkerosxx, May 7, 2015.

1. darkerosxx Lorekeeper

I've been around for a while like most of you. I've seen tons of different ways to handle fairness in top-tier raiding. TLP is a different animal and everyone knows that, so I won't go into any more details than to say that "contested mobs" is what Daybreak has said is a "secret sauce" they want to keep in the game. Couple that with the fact that there will be so many people on the server that there will be enough to sit on the spawn point of the mobs, waiting for them to spawn, and you have just enforced ps'ing. Now, we all know the spawn times of raid mobs plus the hour variance, so that's common knowledge. Couple that with the server knowing when the last mob died and everyone should know when the variance begins or the mobs actually spawn. Combining all of the above into a unique rule for Ragefire seems to this experienced raider to be the following:

You must have a 51+ member MAX LEVEL for the content (50 for all classic, 60 for all Kunark/Velious, etc.) raid force present in the zone T minus one hour of spawn or variance beginning. When the one hour mark hits, each guild sends a representative to meet with the other guilds' reps. Each guild rolls a /random 1000. The highest roll gets the rights to first attempt and all other guilds must leave, minus one group from each losing guild that can stay behind to ensure the winning guild succeeds on their first attempt. The first attempt must begin within one hour of the mob spawning. The reason this is added is so people don't have to PS.

If the winning guild does not succeed in their first attempt, they lose their right to kill the mob on this spawn AND rolling rights on the next spawn. They can roll again only after the current and next spawn are killed.

If the winning guild does not succeed in their first attempt, the second highest roller gets to move in and kill it. They have one hour to do so, with time starting when ALL participating guilds agree the first one failed. This is a subjective kicker that requires all participating guilds to agree. Anyone attempting to manipulate this will be banned from rolling for the entire current expansion. The second guild's rights work just like the first one's from that point.

Any guild that did not win the roll and was not allowed a raiding chance due to one of the higher up guilds failing would have +1 rolls at the next rolling session for that specific mob, the higher of which becomes their current roll. Example, a guild loses a roll 3 times in a row, their next encounter would allow them 1+3 = 4 rolls total, the highest of which would be considered their roll for that one encounter. If they win the roll, they go back to 1, regardless if they kill the mob or not.

Any guilds not obeying this system will be banned from rolling and will have to DPS race against all the other guilds combined, who will then use the exact same rolling scheme to determine loot as they would the attempt on the mob. Any ninja looting should result in all players present submitting a petition requesting that player be banned.

There are some downsides and some ways to game this system, but this leaves in the contested encounter format Daybreak wanted, it requires a raid force at every currently contested spawn up to one hour before spawn or variance, it eliminates ps'ing the variance times, as the owner of the kill owns the spawn for one hour, and it prevents drama, as there is always a clear winner and clear consequences for anyone not participating. It also gives previous losers an increased chance on the next one every time they lose, so RNG god can't be blamed forever.

What do you think?
  2. Aenoan Augur

A great man once said ...."Peace? No....Peace"
    Irbax_Smoo and Dandy like this.
  3. Jaxarale01 Augur

Why would any of top guilds adhere to this? They will have the players and dps to just take whatever they want.
  4. darkerosxx Lorekeeper

Because of the Hans Gruber threat by Daybreak.
    Barton and Fallfyres like this.
  5. Kahna Augur

Yeah, we all know that some vague and scary threat by the devs isn't actually going to stop anyone. They are going to have to make an example of someone before everyone plays nice. Just wait until then to come up with a plan.
    Irbax_Smoo and MBear like this.
  6. Dandy Augur

It's worth noting that at the time that man was being used like a puppet by an alien being.

Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  7. Trosh Augur

While some sort of agreement would be nice in theory, in practice it won't really work. Guilds will just take things as quick as possible for as long as possible. It'll take the "severe reaction" in order for anything to get nicer, and then once that happens it'll slowly creep back towards a FFA death race.

Hopefully a few months in they will let us vote on whether to instance the raids and keep it a vote only on Ragefire. If they don't get instanced it'll be a constant headache, and only 1 or 2 guilds will be able to do raiding at all. Lame.
  8. Ducreux Augur

It's adorable that people keep making threads about Daybreak stepping in to keep the raid scene under control.
    Mezrah and Irbax_Smoo like this.
  9. Diemond Augur

What I think too, Daybreak might try to hint at being harsh but in reality they won't have the balls to do what will be needed to do.
    MBear likes this.
  10. darkerosxx Lorekeeper

I like how none of you naysayers represent any of the guilds anyone is worrying about. Shhhh... No one is worried about you or your opinions.
  11. Banai Augur

You know I've seen these 'agreements' on a few servers and every time I do I think back to the original game where we had no agreement ... first guild with the force there got the mob. The rest backed out and went for another one. If people stopped being asshats maybe this retardedness wouldn't even be a thing but there will ofc be the 1 entitled guild that feels they deserve everything
  12. Fallfyres Augur

-----------------
    The man/woman stepped up to the plate with a reasonable plan based on experience, optioned out publically to provide a framework which guilds could work from. What would be a better starting point?

Apply all the sewer play expectations to a plan. Don't instead go in without a foundation and then have asshats get the upper hand specifically because or if DB doesn't take steps to manage it all. Darkerosxx is facing forward; utilize this as a base and don't face backasswards.
  13. Batbener Augur

I doubt anyone will be happy with /ran anything. Rotation is your best bet. If you aren't there during your turn, or you wipe, DPS race time!
  14. darkerosxx Lorekeeper

Rotation removes the contested factor.
    Fallfyres, Irbax_Smoo and Jaxarale01 like this.
  15. Irbax_Smoo Augur

At which point, they might as well just instance the raids.
    Hateseeker likes this.
  16. taliefer Augur

17. Jamz Augur

/facepalm
  18. Crystilla Augur

Does anyone else laugh? Not at the fact that someone is trying to pre-broker peace ... but that our society has come so far that the answer given is "the top guilds will take what they want".

I can't be the only one that remembers those original days .. when the top guilds actually were much better community players than we have today. Today it's all about 'me' and what 'we' want; back then there still was that but hearing about the "blocking" for blocking sake was limited usually to one guild (the guild everyone else laughed at).
    Soltara, Silv, Vaclav and 3 others like this.
  19. Religious Elder

I understand where you're coming from, but this thread won't get you anywhere. Guilds aren't going to just roll over and play nice because someone(s) would like it better that way. Fippy Darkpaw gave us GM enforced rotations, and with Daybreak's notice that Ragefire will see little to no GM intervention, you can bet players intend to take advantage of that.
  20. taliefer Augur

a major factor is also just how easy the raid content will be on ragefire. the changes made to everquest's mechanics make all raid content up to PoP(at least) exceedingly easy, so more people want to kill it, and groups of smaller numbers CAN kill it. this makes rotations even less attractive than they were "in the good ole days"
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.