Plane of Air Hot Zone

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by TitusMaximuss, Apr 20, 2015.

1. svann Augur

If you kill non-infected wildlife you get on her agro list and she will hunt you down.
  2. Borek-VS Augur

You are right. I could have sworn Fire was "hot" one time, but I was wrong.
  3. Borek-VS Augur

If that was true, I don't think many people would be complaining. There are two problems with the DenMother:

1. She is very hard for the zone;
    2. She doesn't aggro on the killer, but the last person to enter the zone (it seems).

1 is only a problem because of 2.
  4. Iila Augur

PoFire has just always been the best option for exping in its range. It's a natural hot zone.
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Honestly, the only problem with PoAir is the zone in. Breaking into Air as a group is asking a lot. But once you get past the zone in PoAir is really not that bad.

The last person to enter the zone thing only seems to be the case when she spawns. After that you either have wonder into her fairly large agro range or attack a bear (or possibly other animals) with in her incredibly huge assist range.

Originally, if you attacked any bear, infected or not, at anywhere in the zone she would agro on you and follow you everywhere. She did not memblur and would corpse camp. So you either had to zone or die and summon in order to get away from her.
  6. asgaard Augur

Plain of Air is a challenging zone but the worst part can be getting past the zone in area if Inlokher the Warlord spawns. He casts fade on you, sending you all over the zone in area picking up adds. That can be challenging, even for higher level toons. It's hard to kill anything when you keep getting sent away every few seconds.

If I have toons I want to take there I'll bring along an alt that can handle 5 or 6 of them at once. I suspend the pet and put all mercs on passive. Run down the middle, stop about half way through the tunnel and fight them there. There'll be 5 or 6 mobs that follow me. If Inlokher spawns in there, I get faded only a short distance and get summoned right back. I don't leave the tunnel or pick up any more adds. I just concentrate on him until he's dead and then finish the rest off.
  7. svann Augur

My trick to plane of air zone-in area is just run past it and fade.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

It's really not a bad zone if you avoid the ZI island and or the spider area...
  9. Dbrane Lorekeeper

Somebody mentioned that the Den Mother leaves you alone if you kill her. I don't think that is true. A while back I was in OGH and got jumped by her. After killing her, I got jumped again while I was still looting her. I am pretty sure I was the only one in the zone, so she must have re-spawned instantly and aggroed me again.
  10. Fendy Augur

What is the den mother's proper name? Alla doesn't list her. The only denmother listed is the brown bear den mother in oceangreen hills and the owlbear denmother in hollowshade moor.
  11. Borek-VS Augur

That's her - the one in Oceangreen Hills.
  12. SomeEQGuy Elder

13. Fendy Augur

Ok had to go back and reread the first page. Didn't understand why we were talking about the den mother in a thread about the plane of air. :)
  14. Dbrane Lorekeeper

The denmother got injected into the thread because OGH is another hotzone that is problematic. Plane of Air, because it's a raid zone where every single mob sees invis. OGH because of the denmother. That makes it tough for characters in that level range since their choice of daily tasks can be limited because of those problem zones.

Regarding PoA, i was collecting phoenix eggs for the Magically Delicious quest. I hadn't been to PoA since my old guild was working on time access years ago. Therefore, i had no idea where the egg dropping birds were and, the map is really no help so I ended up wandering around until i found them. Every 50 yards progress in the zone got me swarmed with 10+ mobs. Not a problem for a 100+ SK, but annoying. I finally had to just take my pet off of hold and let him deal with the majority of the mobs. The point is, I can't imagine being a 65-75 character and finding and killing 5 specific mob types unless the target mobs were very near zone in. At least in OGH there's only one pita mob. In air, they all are.
  15. Rrinns New Member

The repop at zone is rather long. I have found it completely cleared out on a few occasions recently. Free to run way up to the first intersection and kill stuff, and then off to the right for elementals and scholars in the first building. HOWEVER, I do this with an 86 cleric w/tank merc to support my 65 Shaman w/tank merc. Without the zone-in being cleared, it is quite a challenge with my little group but I think doable with some more practice. Even if everything were clear there, I am not sure I could get past the first intersection with just my 65 Shaman and merc. Note that I suck at boxing, and I'm not a great player overall, so YMMV.