TLP - What Class Will You Play?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Claudea, May 1, 2015.

1. Claudea Journeyman

Hi all!

Seeing all this buzz about the upcoming progression server has me super excited (even though it's still a few months away), and I was curious: What class(es) are you all looking forward to playing from scratch?

I personally played a Ranger back in 2002 (missed classic launch). Relooking at what to play if I join up with the new server, as I'll be dragging a friend new to EQ so she can play a Bard :D
  2. MBear Augur

Our trio was going to be RNG/SK/SHM but we might change it up somehow so we can get some ports. It isn't set in stone yet.
  3. liveitup1216 Augur

I'm torn between SK or Rogue personally.
  4. Hateseeker Augur

I have not decided yet whether I will 2, or 3 box, but I'm kind of choosing between Cleric, War, Rog, Bard, Enchanter, and Shaman; either 2 or 3 of those.

I 2 boxed before, primarily because it would let me get stuff done when I couldn't find a group. I did both Cleric and Warrior, as that way I'd never have to look for a healer, ever (and believe me, cleric +warrior is so slow you still thirst for other people to group with). Whether I do 2 or 3, my primary goal is to keep 2 (or 3) characters leveled up but still seek groups. One reason I want to keep extra characters leveled up is because I like bard, but prefer to wait for PoP and fade.

Only thing that's vexing me is, none of those 6 classes I'm choosing between are true DPS classes (well, rogue might become one at some point but not in classic, not compared to monks and mage), and DPS is what's needed for TLP.

Funny enough, except for rogue, I've leveled all of those other classes to 80+. I guess I don't try new things...
  5. oleris Elder

waiting to play the beta to see whats up
  6. Hirbow Augur

non-boxing rogue, reporting
    bobreaf, Camisado and Fallfyres like this.
  7. Amoeba Augur

Torn between: Paladin, Cleric, Enchanter, Wizard, Druid, Rogue.
    Race: Depending on class. Human, Any Elf, Erudite
  8. Jagular Journeyman

I will probably play a Shaman as a main , but seems to mee that every one and all will play one in a box team, i have to consider of some other class if i want to get into a group.
    Or make a silly but fun 2 box Shaman/Wizard and have shaman as main since i like to play support/healing classes and have the Wiz to go bang + port ;=)
  9. Dethevan New Member

I am actually gonna remake my very first character from 2001, a High Elf Enchanter. Although this time I know better than to choose a god like I did with him since my friend that got me started forgot to tell me to not choose one. lol :)
  10. Kahna Augur

Depends. If it is just classic I'll be a Mage/druid. If it is Classic and Kunark (or more) Probably an Iksar Necro/Shaman combo.
  11. Kieshen New Member

Non boxing human or Woodelf ranger. Probably human. Surefall glade Karina ranjah! Can't wait for the ranjah down shouts to naggy and vox
    bobreaf and Amoeba like this.
  12. Amoeba Augur

Need that sacrifice or they simply won't die!
  13. Metacomet New Member

I will play enchanter because I will not be boxing. Enchanter = Cheat Code Enabled.
  14. Dafroo Journeyman

Looking for advice from TLP veterans. I'm mostly asking these as a non-raid geared group.

I plan on either 2 or 3 boxing when this comes out. I've settled a druid for healing, porting, buffs, and some dps mixed in when you can. Seems like an all around great class for a small box crew. Next class I wanted to do was an enchanter for the buffs, cc, small dps. I debated a shaman since they seem to be able to offer more dps, but I like mez too much.

So, if I 2 box, Enc/Dru would be the combo. If I go this route, how effective is charm killing with this makeup? Are there any areas/level ranges I'll struggle with?

If I were to add a third box, it would have to be a melee character. (not interested in mages though I know how powerful they are) People say monks are best because of their pulling and dps abilities, but how well can they tank? If monks suffer tanking in the late group game with an Enc/Dru, should I roll an SK or War instead? Finally, if I did go with SK or War, which one puts out more dps?
  15. Irbax_Smoo Augur

16. EradzEQ Elder

Is it still -exp% for some classes til Velious release?
  17. liveitup1216 Augur

No, all of the class and race penalties are gone. I'm not sure about bonuses. (Halflings, warriors, rogues)
  18. oldemangamer Augur

Since support classes are so rare in modern mmos, going to play one on Ragefire. Still figuring out which one though :)
  19. Amoeba Augur

Depending on your play style, they can be very fun. One of the nice things about being a support role is you are almost never blamed for a wipe and you don't have to worry about being top dps ha ha.

I suggest a bard or enchanter personally... But others may suggest something else.
  20. CorazonoDellaNoche Journeyman

6 mages, p 0 0 p s0cking Nagafen

See you there!!!1