Patcher error

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Shadyoz, Apr 29, 2015.

1. Shadyoz New Member

2. Scarlett03 New Member

I'm having the same problem with the same message. Any ideas on how to fix?
  3. SzaithVey New Member

Same issue here, even tried without my firewall active (which never had an issue before with this game) and still get that message.
  4. sicofthis New Member

worked f---ing fine this morn now this wtfuck not good start for this company
  5. Gablokar New Member

Have the same problem here too.
  6. ZIKLAG New Member

Same here ....

Plus, when I used the auto-email function that shows all the usernames associated with my email address, there are a number of accounts that are missing.

What is going on ?

I sure hope that the billing to my credit card isn't going to be all messed up to.
  7. sicofthis New Member

gives us 50% exp weekend then takes game away real nice
  8. Romen Lorekeeper

After yet another one of my crashes while zoning (which I wasn't getting before the emergency hotfix for zone crashing) I have been getting this since yesterday. Still getting this morning.
  9. Treefrog Journeyman

Is there any fix to this? It started for me yesterday and I've been unable to log in since. I know others are logging in fine so any help would be appreciated!
  10. Ahobby New Member

I had the same error message as the org poster , so I rebooted comp and then logged in NP, maybe I was just lucky?
  11. coloeb New Member

I have the same issue as the OP. clicking the link in the error message leads to a broken link. I have tried rebooting the pc with no result. Day 2 now of issues and it would seem that no one is looking into the issue.If it helps any it is trying to patch " unifiles/default/eqls_dbgslash01.tga." Wont get past that so I have no idea what else is needed. I do know its like 186KB needed to patch.
  12. asimov New Member

same prob here same 186 kb that wont patch no response from support
  13. Sinent Castmore New Member

I've been having the same issue as well. Have tried everything and nothing seems to work. So it's something they need to fix on their end. It would be nice if they would respond to open tickets instead of just ignoring it.:mad:
  14. Gablokar New Member

Well I must say this sucks. I took Wednesday, Thursday and Friday off of work expecting to sit in the basement playing everquest all weekend long. Now I have to go outside and do things in the yard because I can’t log in. What a waste of days off.
  15. Sinzz Augur

it seems as if !checkminiumspecs.dll wont download from correct server either
  16. sicofthis New Member

WOW! This #%$( sucks thanks gamebreak (middle finger)
  17. coloeb New Member

From Microsoft,
    The Web server returns the "HTTP 404 - File not found" error message when it cannot retrieve the page that was requested.

The following are some common causes of this error message:
    • The requested file has been renamed.
    • The requested file has been moved to another location and/or deleted.
    • The requested file is temporarily unavailable due to maintenance, upgrades, or other unknown causes.
    • The requested file does not exist.
    • IIS 6.0: The appropriate Web service extension or MIME type is not enabled.
    • A virtual directory is mapped to the root of a drive on another server
    • Resolution
      To resolve this problem, verify that the file requested in the browser's URL exists on the IIS computer and that it is in the correct location.

Use the IIS Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to determine where the file requested must exist in the IIS computer's file system.

This is particularly important if the Web site uses a virtual directory (VDIR). A VDIR is a directory that is not contained in the home directory of the Web site, but appears to client browser as though it does. This virtual directory must be mapped to a subfolder on a drive or reference the files by name.

For example, assume that the URL that caused the 404 error is http://Microsoft.Com/Test/File1.htm, and the IIS snap-in shows that for Microsoft.Com Web site, the /Test/ directory is actually a virtual directory that maps to the location of c:\Information on the IIS computer. This means that you must verify that the File1.htm file is located in the c:\Information directory (and that the file name is spelled correctly).

IIS6 Dynamic Content: A 404.2 entry in the W3C Extended Log file is recorded when a Web Extension is not enabled. Use the IIS Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to enable the appropriate Web extension. Default Web Extensions include: ASP, ASP.net, Server-Side Includes, WebDAV publishing, FrontPage Server Extensions, Common Gateway Interface (CGI). Custom extensions must be added and explicitly enabled. See the IIS 6.0 Help File for more information.
      IIS6 Static Content: A 404.3 entry in the W3C Extended Log file is recorded when an extension is not mapped to a known extention in the MIME Map property. Use the IIS Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in to configure the appropriate extension in the MIME Map. See the IIS 6.0 Help file for more information.
    • Somehow I don't find it hard to believe that the files we need have been messed up but they need to work on this problem
  18. Maccuul Elder

This is caused by a cache, proxy or privacy software.

I didn't take the time to narrow it down but even setting Squid to ignore the IP blocks in question didn't solve the problem. Bypassing the IPs in my NAT table before Squid did.

I would suspect that it is X-Forward-For, Referer or Via being blocked.
    It could also simply be that it is not catching a refresh pattern.

A lot of places are using redirects etc to hide the source link and such which screws up the above software.
    They might have changed something (Likely did), but it can be resolved locally.

Like I said I didn't take the time to narrow it down since I had a work around for it.
  19. coloeb New Member

For clairity sake , I am no computer expert. can you give more details about your work around?
  20. asimov New Member

i tried to download a whole new copy of eq and that gets same message accept now its a over 5k file that wont patch seems like there download server is down this sucks i needed this extra exp time if you have a work around i would like to hear it put simply for dummies if you will because support are not responding hopefully this is not a sign of things to come from daybreak because their daybreak celebrations suck so far lol