Reporting channel for incorrect information from GMs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

With Daybreak CS/GM staff having been consolidated and working on Everquest with no Everquest experience what is the best channel for us as players to inform Daybreak when we receive incorrect answers?

Two big examples are GMs telling us in peititions that Lessons of the Devoted is an EXPLOIT if used in HA's and a GM telling us in petitions that SOLO tasks are NOT mean to be completed in a GROUP.

These aren't issues of GMs misreading information these are issues of them just making up answers as they go along. Ok for someone making up his own answer the SOLO mission one is understandable. That confuses a lot of players who complain that SOLO missions cant be completed SOLO then get told by Devs that that isnt what is meant.

The thing here is that the GMs are not referring to reference materials and making up answers or the reference materials are seriously flawed.

Considering the widely inaccurate information we are getting in petitions (and who knows how many players are getting wrong answers and accepting them) we need a channel set up to report these incorrect answers in order to get a quick response to our problems.

We not only have to have the CS staff educated and their errors corrected but there are still the petitions that were generated that need to be answered.
  2. Lisandra Augur

Remember Corwyhn, GMs are not Devs and vice versa. GMs do not have specialized knowledge of each game as they have to handle every Daybreak game and there are also now a very limited number of them. Mostly it's TSRs and CSRs now and they also mostly don't have any specialization or vast knowledge of any Daybreak game.

I agree that they should be better trained and that a lot of the CS rules are very archaic and detrimental to the bottom line but they aren't going to change and now that they've been "streamlined" it will only be worse.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I fully realize that CD are not game devs. I never made an assertion that they have the knowdledge of game devs. The CS reps dont have to be game Devs to give our correct answers they simply have to be given the proper resources to do so and apparently this is not the case. The vast majority of CS reps are not experts in the fields they give customer service in. They do however have good knowledge base resources to give correct and accurate answers.

Years ago I worked CS on over 90 different pension plans some incredibly complicated with many different rules. I was able to give correct answers because I had good resources. The comparitively smaller amount and less complicated information that the CS reps will give should be able to be handled by minimum wage reps.

Remember in these two instances the only way the CS reps could give the answers they did is make them up on their own. And I guess if CS reps are being instructed to make up their own answers then we might as well say there is no customer service and save some money on whoever they are paying for the job.

A job worth doing is a job worth doing right. It makes sense for us to have a channel to correct CS errors in petitions so that they can update their knowledge base and give correct answers. Unless it is Daybreaks intention not to do any CS but simply giving us false information. I have to assume they want to give us the correct answers.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And remember what I am all about his this thread is asking for an official and effective way to report incorrect answers so that the CS resources can be updated to prevent them in the future. It's a win/win for us and for Daybreak.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Lisandra like this.
  5. Lisandra Augur

I understand and agree. I was just making a minor point. I don't think Columbus Nova is concerned with CS for Daybreak at least for the immediate future or they wouldn't have gutted the department. Maybe things will change in the next 6 months or year but I wouldn't count on it.
  6. Warpeace Augur

Considering the time it takes them to respond to a petition they could have at least googled a close answer.
    Yinla, Fenudir, Zoggzog and 1 other person like this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah which may mean they are either shopping around for a buyer of Everquest or they just want to get a certain amout of cash out of it. It doesn't bode well for them wanting to keep EQ going if they don't care about CS at all. The cut backs in the types of CS they would do I could understand but if they don't care that CS is giving our wrong answers that does't leave me with a good feeling. *sighs*
  8. Iila Augur

They've been giving out that "You can't do solo tasks in a group" answer for YEARS. I have no idea if it was ever correct enough to be the default reply, but it's been wrong since I restarted playing.
    Lisandra likes this.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Wow!... thats sad. I may be wrong but I seem to recall even a game dev explaing that solo tasks are meant are meant to be done in a group but only solo as far as the mission just pertains to one toon. But I could be remembering that wrong. But you are right it is definitely not the case these days.
  10. Kellaer Augur

What do these GMs say when you quote the March 11th update that specifically says Lessons works in HAs now? Do they encounter a paradox that gets them into an infinite loop of confusion?
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

"Norman please coordinate" I hope the OP on that thread did link the post though.

[IMG]
    Zoggzog and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  12. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This is the first I've ever heard of that. I would bet that anytime this has happened in the past it is someone either from a different game or as this thread is about; someone who was already making up crap and sending it out as the truth without actually looking at any of their actual reference material as well as having absolutely no understand of EQ at all.
  13. Kollin Journeyman

Typical process for a GM looking up a quest:
    1. Go to everquest.allakhazam.com
    2. Search for the quest name
    3. Check group size: Solo, Group, Raid etc...
    4. Inform petitioner that he has to be solo, in a group, or in a raid to complete said quest/task.
    5. Move on to the next petition.

And no I am not joking.
    Lisandra and Iila like this.
  14. Ferry-Tunare Augur

Shopping around for a buyer or getting quick cash out of it would explain why we have been given week after week of bonus xp while being told we are leveling too quickly.
    Yinla likes this.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

They may have also caught on to the fact that people buy more exp potions during bonus exp times but you could have a point too.

But even if they were stringing us along I doubt the game devs would know about it.. they would also be busy being strung along too. Although its possible the game devs would be let on to any plan to string players along that would only be the case if all their jobs were also being guaranteed otherwise the corporate bosses would keep them in the dark too.

In the end it will be about whether Daybreak just wanted the game devs or the income from the current roster of games. EQNext may be a dud.... H1Z1 seems to be doing well but there are so many zombie survival mmos out there I have a hard time believing that will be able to hold onto a large portion of the market. Maybe their strategy of getting the game on console too will do it for them. I better stop I have gone way off topic.
  16. Ducreux Augur

Yeah H1Z1 will only be semi-popular until the next shiny new DayZ clone comes out and everyone migrates there, once the popular twitch streamers switch games the community tends to dry up which is already happening. Maybe the PS4 release if it ever happens will bring some more numbers in but it may come too late who knows.

On topic though, so far I'm really disappointed with what has overall happened since the acquisition by CN across the games I play(ed) EQ1 and EQ2 and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw more downsizing or halted development on titles in the near future.
  17. Numiko Augur

Well that explains it, they have replaced their customer service department with Zombies from H1Z1!

[IMG]
  18. Quench New Member

Ugh another round about way to whine about something .
  19. Kellaer Augur

Thank you for your contribution.
    Ferry-Tunare and Warpeace like this.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well with reduced customer service it is not more important then ever they give the correct answers and support players with the things they CAN do.