Universal Chat Service is unavailable

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Did Daybreak make some change to the Universal Chat Service servers? Chat channels have been pretty unreliable the last week or two. They are constantly going down on Xegony.

What's it like on other servers?
    Nniki likes this.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Same for FV.
  3. Malbro Augur

Luclin also
  4. xcitng Augur

this chat thing has been becoming a real turn off, i don't even want to log in anymore as it also affects the friends list so i am unable to see what friends are on to group with

and, i see guild recruiting messages when i come here, is this the place those now too?
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Shouldn't be any guild recruiting messages in the Veterans forum unless someone adds something when responding to another thread I guess. There is still a Guild Recruitment forum. Oh I am some others have a guild recruitment message in their sig file so there is that too :)
  6. xcitng Augur

well, to me, the guild recruiting thing should be left in the guild recruitment forum rather than a sneaky way of putting it in all of the other forums by way of your sig
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well you are welcome your opinion and its neither more or less then mine we will just have to disagree. But if you ignore the sig messages you wont see the guild ads. personal comments or people trying to get peeps to join their Recruit a Friend group and all will be well. And to be technical my sig directs people to our guild ad in the Guild Recruitment forum. :)
    Nniki and Fanra like this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Btw this seems to be a more severe Universal chat outage then usual.. been down for at least an hour so far on Xegony.
    Dibab and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  9. Shadva Del`Shai Augur

Universal Chat Service has been down for hours on The Rathe as well. Since it's called the "Universal Chat Service", I would imagine that it's probably down for everyone.

That being said, I too have noticed the severe instability of the chat servers lately. I hope it's addressed and fixed quickly.
    Nniki and Dibab like this.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Yeah I guess it could be one chat server servicing all game servers. Maybe someone needs to vaccum the dog hair out of the computer. Best not to do this while the computer is on.
  11. Numiko Augur

Didn't you hear?

They moved it to Reddit ;)
    Ducreux likes this.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've already reported it isn't working for Bertoxx in the Bug forum. It is continuing, as I write this the UCS is down.

Whatever issues began days ago continue to plague us. It would be nice if this was fixed.
  13. Aghinem Augur

I frequent these forums and have never seen anyone put up a guild recruitment message in the Veterans page. Maybe I missed something?
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

He objects to the fact my sig directs people to my guild advertisement in the Guild Recruitment forum. I don't think most people read the sig files.
  15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Either the chat server hardware is just dying and they need to replace it or they tried another cost cutting method that isn't working out... maybe they added the chat server program to an existing server of some type that they use... or are running multiple game chat servers on one physical machine now. I get the impression they are chasing after even minor cost savings.

And it looks like they dont have anyone maintaining the chat servers on the weekend anymore. Apparently the chat has been down much longer then I thought... Just found it down when I logged in but it had been down long before that.
  16. Kollin Journeyman

It has been up and down for the past week on emarr. It hasn't been up yet since I have gotten on today.
  17. guado Augur

It's that time of the month again for the Universal Chat Service!
    Silv likes this.
  18. Warpeace Augur

Down this long? only proves their point they didn't need it...savings realized. Who needs friends list or chat channels.

Makes me wonder if there is more to it with the Forum lag and all though.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Maybe they downgraded to the Economy package from their server peeps.
  20. Aghinem Augur

Well if anyone gets pissy over a sig; they shouldn't be here. I can think of a million other things to be aggravated with than someone's signature.
    Kiillz and Soltara like this.