Token "What Class Will You Be Playing?" Thread

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by kamikazeheart, Apr 8, 2015.

1. Hateseeker Augur

I'm just saying that it isn't classic. I don't care if it is or not, I'm simply taking the opportunity to show that Classicity only matters to people when it suits them...whether players, or Daybreak. Not because of the mercs issue but because the inconsistency where the classicity argument is used in one discussion and conveniently forgotten in others.
    liveitup1216 likes this.
  2. liveitup1216 Augur

I agree but it's been established that "classic" doesn't matter. Ease of play and money are the only concerns. There is a need for an alternative to boxing if people want to solo lots of content. Monetize it and we're good to go.
  3. Irbax_Smoo Augur

No, they weren't.
  4. Vmas_Kelx_Fippy New Member

Im playing a Ranger / Woodelf as main, and when Kunark launches a Iksar / Shaman as my box. If both are 60 im starting my 3th Account - the Mage.
  5. Aenoan Augur

I will be playing a shaman after some contemplation. Plus I told my new guild I would be.
    I will be rocking a pocket mage for a bit to help with levelling because there are a lot of niche groups already it seems. And I got a tank in the works.
  6. taliefer Augur

still planning on going paladin, tho bard has been tempting of late. if i use my 2nd account, think ill go wizard just for the easy dps and ports.
  7. Aenoan Augur

Should have went monk! Every shaman needs a good monk :x
  8. phatmattfu New Member

Having a hard time deciding what to play between Shaman, druid or monk.
    My heart is with Troll Shaman. I just love Trolls <3. Seems like there will be quite a few in this thread planning on shaman either as box or mains though. Don't exactly like being one of the super popular classes.

I won't be boxing at all, can a monk cut it by himself if I can't find a group? Or is there always groups to be found on TLP? hehe

Druid, I really like the theme of their spells, but I fear i'd really miss uber troll regen canni dance hehe

Anyone have insight from previous TLPs which was the rarer class of the 3 I mentioned? Did monks have the strong h2h last go around?
  9. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

If you don't want to play a super popular class, do not play a monk. They were one of the top 3 most popular classes on the last TLP. Monk's on the TLP have the revised hand to hand tables, so they are 20/26 at lvl 50, far better than any other melee class. Groups were never a problem for me. I never really soloed, though they can, I had a shaman box.
  10. phatmattfu New Member

Thanks for the insight. I realized after I posted I probably picked 3 very popular classes haha
    Think I'll stick to Shaman for Troll sex appeal.
  11. Frenzic Augur

SK main, six box group.
  12. Trevalon Augur

Cleric, Druid, Enchanter, Mage, Mage, Necro
  13. Protocol Dragon Defender

Six mages.
    liveitup1216 and Frenzic like this.
  14. Aurmoon Augur

My core group is probably going to play Warrior | Cleric | Enchanter | Mage | Wizard | Monk. Would love to drop the monk for a Beastlord if they were available at launch.
  15. Frettnoise New Member

Looking maybe at warrior or enchanter or Druid or maybe boxing one of each. Played a bard on Fippy but probably won't indulge until Luclin or Velious. Never mained a warrior but dunno if the monk hand to hand is going to make it sad to be ware. Guess we will see. More I think about it the more I am leaning towards boxing a few in case no one wants to group.

Oh, hey Taliefer! Hope all is well and be in touch if you roll into a guild.
  16. Aenoan Augur

3 monks 3 mage box team, changed my mind.. again and a bard to eat DTs
  17. Machen New Member

Please link me anything Daybreak ever said about keeping the game classic. Your fantasies != Daybreak's commitments.
  18. Soltara Augur

Just curious, what are the most and least played classes on TLP servers, typically?

Like am I going to be able to get a group as a cleric or will there be to many clerics running around? That may sound silly but I only played briefly on combine. (I have however played a cleric for around 10 years on live). Thanks for info!
  19. Aenoan Augur

You can be rest assured, there will never be too many clerics. That is, the opposite is the likely scenario.

Good question about least played classed though, I am not listing these in order or anything but this is what I think might be the least commonly played classes.

Druids, enchanters, clerics and rogues, my reasoning is, well with the exception of druids, the classes are more group oriented and right now everyone is up in arms about box armies and sadly in a lot "what class will you play.." type forums people are reinforcing that astigmatism and I think people are gravitating towards classes that can solo because they are worried about groups.
  20. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

If my memory serves correctly. On Fippy during the classic era the least popular were : Rogues, Rangers and Paladins. The most popular were Mages, Monks and Necro's.