How about a auto face mob when attack is on

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Goth, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Goth Augur

It would be nice if we could have your char face a mob when you attack it. Sort of something like EQ2 has. Of course have options to disable and enable it.
    Elricvonclief and Ferry-Tunare like this.
  2. Apathy Elder

Another tool for boxers! I like the excitement of scrambling to find the mob attacking you out of the blue, be it a pather or a repop...
  3. Apathy Elder

u can always try playing with your view panned out more.
  4. Numiko Augur

I have to admit, after playing Tera to max level I found coming back to EQ's static tab target fighting sort of boring, having auto follow fighting like EQ2 or Lineage 2 here would make it even more boring.

I box and I would vote against this one.
  5. smash Augur

Afraid I have to say its a BAD idea.

And reason is because there are encounters where you need to have your back turned against the mob.

Like mobs that charm, if you look at them
    Apathy likes this.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Waste of Dev resources in my opinion.
  7. Goth Augur

you read the part you qouted? "Of course have options to disable and enable it."
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Why dont we get a feature where you dont even log in and your character does everything then just sends you a report by email when it levels or gets new loot. You wont ever have to log in to play then.
  9. Goth Augur

BTW just another reason i hear all the time why people hate this game play..

This is something that also should not take much time. Done like it? you can disable it if you want to use the more cumbersome way to kill stuff.

People trying to kill a mob and it is telling them they are out of range but yet they are right there and the mob is some how in range to hit but you cant hit it...

Would be nice to keep your char locked on the mob you are fighting and make easier strafing to get behind the mob if your a DPS type.
  10. Goth Augur

well you have to log in but AFK merc killing is already allowed.. Hell now you can even get the loot from the mobs and not even be at the keyboard... so what is your point here?

I mean if you want to make smart aleck comments.
  11. segap Augur

What you're asking for is to trivialize combat even further. Make it so that melee don't even have to pay attention to positioning.

Some of the game play mechanics make it so that you have to move. Things like knock back, the mob running after an over ambitious caster with a tank that can't keep aggro, large mobs that you need to be close to their centers, mobs that have a long reach compared to players, etc. Also, if you start moving people around, you're going to be interrupting their casting (if they are a type that casts spells)
  12. Goth Augur

I would not call it trivializing.. I would call it making it better more efficient. Call it improving the quality of play.

The way it is and they feedback i have gotten about the combat system is horrible. Now this is from folks trying out the game for the first time not so much from us that have been at it for many years.

I dont remember if EQ2 auto moved in range or simply just faced the mob that was targeted. I would be fine with it simply facing the mob. Then allow you to either go closer to it with the up key or move away with the down key.

This should not be a complex addition to the game and as i said should be optional. It is simply a tool that auto-faces you to your target when you have the attack on.
  13. Dre. Altoholic

Turn off attack?

Something like this would definitely help situational awareness, particularly when mobs don't display names above their heads.

Even trash mobs these days take out players in a couple of rounds. For everyone who has been splatted by adds, you want to deny tools that help your tank find mobs faster?
  14. guado Augur

I think Rogues would love it the most.
  15. segap Augur

Situational awareness is one of the things that separates good players from average or bad.

As a rogue, I'd hate it. It's one of the things I actually enjoy. Having to move around and watch position. And like with tanks needing to be situationally aware, I think this is also one of the things that helps differentiate those that are good from those that are not.
  16. Goth Augur

simple for you... Disable it.. i know some people like to take down a wall with their head rather than a hammer.
    Dre. likes this.
  17. guado Augur

Yes, I was being facetious... damn internet and sarcasm.
  18. Melanippe Augur

How much easier do you want this game to be? :rolleyes:
  19. segap Augur

How about automatically moving casters when they get a "can't see your target message"? Can't just focus on melee here.
    Yinla likes this.