Thank you - Character Deletion Prompt and PoFear Epic 1.0 Access.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

A big Thank you for these features.

Added a prompt when deleting a character to make the player type the character's name as the confirmation instead of clicking a button.

- In the Plane of Fear, a harbinger of Fear can help adventurers get their epic 1.0 pieces that would normally drop from Cazic-Thule or the golems. These pieces cannot be multi-quested or traded. In addition, a harbinger of Fear can advance the Whistling Fists quest in the same way as Cazic-Thule.

Also, a "Thank You" for the 'Drunkard's Stein.' Very useful!
  2. guado Augur

Hey let's continue this thread to see other things we want to THANK DAYBREAK FOR or something like KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK:
    -Increased transparency with schedules
    -Decreasing the volume of all bags opening at once (Shift B)
    DirtyGurtie likes this.
  3. Redrum_Redrum Augur

1 other thing they could add to the selection problem that I have seen in other games is a 72 hour cool down. This prevents the I was pissed off and didn't really want to delete my toon, I was at work and was hacked and didn't have time to see whatever. The cool down time to help prevent these mistakes and or hack deleting attempts.
  4. Iila Augur

Character deletion or transfers should have an (optional?) multi-day lockout, with email notification.
    Leeanni and Siddar like this.
  5. Gialana Augur

This is an interesting idea. There is a situation where a person has all character slots full and decides they want to start a new character. I'm assuming they too would have to wait 3 days before making their new character. I really don't know which option is worse/better.
    Siddar likes this.
  6. Siddar Augur

That seems like a exceptional idea for server transfer.
  7. Numiko Augur

You can buy more character slots, have up to 13 or 14 I think

also other game with the cool down, if it is a low level character you can delete them right away, only high level characters have the timer...I do not think many people would delete a level 105, Max AA character to make room for new ones.

But saying that I am pleased with the changes made.
  8. Knight-errant Journeyman

I want to say thanks too! For those things and also for stopping the welcome screen and saving the /showcorpse settings.

A lot of great fixes in this patch, keep it up Daybreak! :)
  9. Synisca Augur

Nice changes and nice thread. :)
  10. cygnet Journeyman

Was pleased to see these items in the patch
  11. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

Thank you for bringing our PoK merchants back!
    Meatball, Zujilli, Dramatime and 2 others like this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Aye nice changes. Be nice if overall things were run by the community first. Issues like the Pok Vendors show that the dev could use some help from the community in figuring out what the community wants.
  13. Rhadamanthus New Member

Has anyone found the Harbinger of Fear? I'm a long time retired player (stopped in the Planes of Power era) who has come back recently and been kicking around, due to the all access account I have all the AAs available at 67 and generally can solo PoFear, but after spending a couple hours running around and killing everything I could see I never ran into the guy. Is his appearance linked to something specific? I checked and none of the three golems was up.
  14. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

a Harbinger of fear is up on Luclin server along North wall (loc 1330, -200). When Hailed he said, "The denizens of fear will always return" (paraphrase). A particular class or epic 1.0 step might trigger more dialogue.
  15. Dramatime Augur

This thread made me happy. I like seeing people happy for once.
    Fenudir and Zujilli like this.
  16. Rhadamanthus New Member

Found him later, confirmed Shade has to be dead. Someone had killed Terror (presumably spawned by Harbinger) at the overturned bell SE of the ring of fire. Maybe 30 mins later (based on corpse rot of that Terror), Harbinger spawned and was found in the NE corner of the zone (Terror's position further South suggests he wanders.) As a Necro I hailed him, he said I was here for a purpose and did I want to "face my terror?" When I replied I was ready to face my terror he spawned terror, killed him. Looted Slime Blood of Cazic Thule for necro epic, he had no other loot.
    moogs likes this.
  17. DirtyGurtie Lorekeeper

I'm not sure if this is a recent change or not, as i've been gone from the game for a while, but while making poison on my rogue, i noticed a "Make all" button-or create all, can't remember, lol-whoever put that into the game should be given a medal, and sainthood, and a cape with an "s" on it-and if you are ever in my "neck of the woods", you get free beer and cookies as well, lol. All those years of Carpal tunnel syndrome, leveling baking, brewing, alchemy etc to 300 hitting the combine button 1.6 billion times, really makes one appreciate "quality of life" changes like this. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart!
    roguerunner, PrathunEQ and Zujilli like this.