Move the West Karana druid port to the wizard port area

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The druid port for West Karana is in a useless and intentionally out of the way spot while the wizard port is near the guard for HA dailies AND near the portals to the rest of CotF. I suggest moving the druid port to the same location as the wizard port.
    Tarvas, Fanra, Lisandra and 2 others like this.
  2. guado Augur

3. Tharzak Elder

4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The Druid one is useful...if you're a Druid and need to buy some rk1 druid spells? :)

Must be revenge for the whole DSH/Loping Plains thing!
  5. Melanippe Augur

6. Mookus Augur

I vote they can simply make the wizard and druid port spells useable by both classes via a quest at an npc at each location.For instance the wizard tp for tempest temple is a vendor in katta deluge.... maybe that guy could give a quest for a druid useable version of our tempest temple portals.

IIRC, there were some druid spots that are better than the wizard one as well. Like in tds, I liked tempest temple but now it seems the druid katta portal spell is more useful.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The funny part is that it looks like they intentionally made a really crappy spot for the druid port. I mean went out of their way to design the map so the druid port would be useless. Obviously some dev has a hate on for druids. Come on now fess up! Which of you devs is a druid hater?
  8. Numiko Augur

or change the succor point to right in front of the guy.
  9. Mugsie Elder

More likely is that the dead end path was set up to be useful at some point and was never used.
    Given that yeah, it never got used, moving the port down spot would seem a better idea.
    Mugs
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Though the wizard tempest portal is right beside the zone line to Katta so not much of a difference between the two really.
  11. Nniki Augur

Another option might be removing the invisible wall in the pointless path/area behind the druid ring so you could just levitate over to the zone portals.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

That's another possible solution.
  13. Kellaer Augur

Why would anybody want to go to a Call of the Forsaken zone?
  14. guado Augur

I don't know why, but this response reminds me of Sliv's signature. The sketched out cat with "I gained xp once ... it was terrible..." next to it.
  15. Silv Augur

There are plenty of good things to still do in COTF and there is plenty of reason to go there. However, giving Druids a port location to a logical spot would make them over powered and bring about the apocalypse. We definitely do NOT want to change the port in spot, no way!

V Here you go :D
    Goddess and Soltara like this.
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Heh heh...... I would just love the Devs to explain why the druid port was put in such a crappy place. I mean they actually had to modify the map in such a way as to create a spot inaccessible to almost anything other then the druid port spells.

Asked Roshen if he could pass on the info regarding the druid port to an applicable Dev. Hopefully he did and they will look at it.
  17. Iila Augur

I'd rather get our remotes on different timers, and consolidate our debuffs.

But I did giggle that our EWK port spot is so bad that you had to post a thread about it.
    Ferry-Tunare, Yinla and Silv like this.
  18. Silv Augur

Sorry, anything with the keyword "Druid" in it is automatically deleted by spam filters.

Wasn't this brought up in Beta? Or am I thinking of one of the other million glaring Druid issues that were ignored? :rolleyes:

But seriously... it should never have been in such a horrible location OR the area shouldn't have been enclosed so you could just suicide jump off and land on top of the dragon.
    Goddess and Iila like this.
  19. Iila Augur

There's been like 8 betas since then, I don't remember which ignored posts went with which beta.

My effortpost on split nukes may have paid off, though!
    roguerunner and guado like this.
  20. Silv Augur

I think this perfectly sums up the Dev vision of the Druid class (ie. none).

And I (and I'm sure most Druids) am eternally grateful for that :D
    guado and Iila like this.