Welp, I'm retiring

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RetiredRaider, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Silv likes this.
  2. Chaos11 Journeyman

2mins a day to air out their dirty laundry is well worth it is why
  3. Aghinem Augur

I'm going to give this a lengthier response than what I think you really deserve, and then I might just put you on ignore as your posts are boring now.

Airing out dirty laundry consists of a simple thing called evidence. All you do is flame. From everything I have ever read written by you; I can easily say there is more to your "grievances" than you write about. As they say, there is two sides to every story.

For example, Minishot & his friends were going on and on and on about how he was hacked and Daybreak unfairly would not assist him. Conveniently, the part of him sharing his account information was left out. So naturally, they had the sympathy of the entire forum until it was discovered Minishot violated the rules by sharing his account.

So what is the skeleton you are hiding? No company would act arbitrary and malicious in not assisting a customer unless said customer did something that violated certain terms of the agreement the customer entered into when creating a new account.

Lets look at your original post:

There is absolutely nothing that seems genuine or credible about that statement given the fact there is very little information. I had responded to you suggesting that you contact a consumer advocacy agency if you truly had been subjected to a security breach. By the course of your inaction and you opting in to just linger around these forums to get in a cheap shot whenever you can really suggests you made your account with the sole purpose to elicit negativity.

If my account were compromised, I certainly wouldn't be talking about it here on the forums. I'd be on the phone with the police to file a report.
    Gialana and Ghubuk like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

That'd be an interesting call to le cops. "What did they take?" "My raid gear omgz :(!"
    sojero likes this.
  5. Aghinem Augur

No, the report would be comprised of identity theft and a compromised account. At that point, Daybreak would be forced to deal with it. My point was, the dude's claims are bogus.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

I am just wondering how you know they were doing nothing, or not doing their job?

IIRC Dzarn was one of the initial lay offs (granted hes been rehired), Whos to say they didn't let afew other good workers slip through the cracks.

I doubt every single one of them was useless.
  7. Norathorr Augur

Well layoffs save money this is true. As for people doing nothing but collect their paychecks sure perhaps some did. I know one layoff that comes to mind as a very bad decision for eq1. I can think of someone else who should be emptying bins instead of designing games who still is on the payroll. I agree the game has been stale for a long time, but if the company is under new direction, rather than just ignore people and go quiet they should do something to communicate with the playerbase that they are working to rectify our grievances. This should have been one of the first orders of business. Showing us that they are listening to a number of customers saying this is not acceptable as a playable product. Unless class balance is addressed and a sufficient amount of content is added to the next expansion what incentive do I have to give this sinking ship another penny? What is the new owners doing to get me to resub? Are they reading the forums or sending out any feedback surveys to figure out where they went wrong? I just don't see any effort on their part to bring us back other than releasing a minimum effort (or seemingly so) tlp.
  8. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Heh, not sure the cops would consider the theft of 1 online game account "identity theft". Unless there are things like fraud involving cc, bank accounts, bad checks, etc.
  9. Pwnography Augur

Its called the Pareto Principle. Its just a common rule of thumb in business - 80% of the development is done by 20% of the Devs, when applied here. Maybe a few good individuals did get laid off, but in the grand scheme of things, there is no reason not to be optimistic with fresh employees coming in. Its not like our expectations are that high - I mean, we had CoTF and TDS. I really don't want those people making yet another expansion full of things we hate. At this point I'd be happy with a toddler with a rubber mallet banging out code.
  10. Norathorr Augur

Glad to know dzarn is back!
  11. Xanadas Augur

See you when the prog server launches.
  12. MysticOne Augur

Even with plus 60% bonus you can't even tell if your getting more exp. Something very rotten is going on and this is going to be the out come. Lately I log in just to talk to my friends in chat and started reading a book because the exp is about the same in bazaar trader mode as the rest of the game.
  13. Melanippe Augur

May I suggest you might consider taking your own advice? See bold. ;)
    Norathorr and Sheex like this.
  14. MysticOne Augur

I love to chew gum even when no flavor is left and all the benefit of it has been washed away by your saliva but you still get the jaw exercise and you can use it for plugin a leak in a clay pot and it's also cool to just sign into EQ just for the heck of it and hang out in Pok and do nothing with that same jaw chewing sensation and just as I still remember the gum and how it used to taste when I first opened it that same soft of way.
    Melanippe likes this.
  15. Aghinem Augur

When have I gave input on how they should run their company?
  16. Geroblue Augur

I didn't create them in one week. This is since 2004.
  17. Battleaxe Augur

The version I'm familiar with is 80% of the work is done in the last 20% of the time available, not only 20% of the people on your team are worthwhile.

In my experience (which is true at some companies and untrue at others) managers have input, involve resources in determining what needs to be done/by whom/and when, and get resources to "sign on". By creating a schedule there's an effort to complete work as the project goes along. But there's always crunch time. At which point people step up and seriously perform. Much closer to 150% of the work (there was more work than was initially thought) is done by 100% of the team. Well closer to 120% of the team given that you've commandeered some temp help. In 30 years I think I've seen 2 people not pull their weight.
    Everyone else pulled their weight and then some.

I was once asked to list names for a 20% layoff. I returned a list with only my name on it and left the company. It's unbelievably painful to let good people go even if its a necessity. I don't think think running down those who were laid off serves any good purpose.

Yes sometimes you run into a superstar, but their light should not blind you to the merits of others who are stars in their own right.
    Grove likes this.
  18. fazool Augur

Mine also. I've played since before Kunark was released as the first expansion - shortly after launch. Maybe 2001-ish.

I have three accounts and computers to four-box (with friends' toons).

I've totally given up paying for EQ. EQ was a way of life for me. For 5 solid years it was the most important aspect of my life. Between years of multiple accounts and expansions, I've given several thousand dollars (literally) to Verant/SOE/DB.

I've been in closed beta of LM and just log in every 3-4 months to see if there is any reason to resubscribe.

LM is an unplayable disaster that feels completely unlike a first person mmorpg. The entire system design is non-immersive and awkward to look around and move around. And the world designed around it is completely awful. They tried to add too much of everything and it totally failed. Minecraft is more immersive.

My son is sitting next to me playing tons of games. He used to group with me in EQ and then in WoW. He now plays tons of games. I look over and their worlds are immersive looking and convincing.

/sigh

I wish they wouldn't have completely ruined the legacy of EQ

So, as bad as EQ is, I can attest that LM is a total flop and will never be an immersive world to live in. So, EQN is as good as DOA.

I've been deeply involved in the forums back in my EQ prime with thousands of posts and being a class correspondent, guild/raid officer, etc etc.

I've sat here in limbo land for years and years waiting....no....hoping....to return to Norrath.

And every time I look around or look at the intended future of Norrath, I am completely despondent.
    Norathorr likes this.
  19. Fendy Augur

Kunark and Velious both came out in 2000. 2001-ish would mean you've played since before Luclin.
  20. fazool Augur

Ah, yes - EQ released in 1999, Kunark in 2000. I played since 2000, then, shortly before Kunark was released.