What was your Vote?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dragoon, Mar 4, 2015.

1. vardune Augur

Because the 1000s of us that wanna play on a progression server arent and wont play live ever and most of u live guys pay for one account and box 5 F2P accounts.
  2. Healiez Augur

I would have to say 90% of the voters (probly more than 90%) do not frequent these forums...

I would be willing to bet that the "make it like the last TLP server" vote wins by a landslide.
  3. Crayon123 Augur

Even though its not what I voted for, I have a strong suspicion the 'longer unlock period' option will win the vote followed closely by the 'time locked' option. Just my prediction, will be fun to see if I'm right.

Regardless of the outcome, I would be willing to play on anything other than the Seasonal server.
  4. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

2 x3

And I agree that no voting should have been an option. Hopefully Daybreak pays attention to these forums and gives us a poll for that option after the current poll.
  5. Nolrog Augur

I voted on the one to have no more expansions unlocked. I think that was #3 in the OP.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  6. Kaneras Augur

7. Vaclav Augur

Funny - Indigo refers to instancing as terrible - quotes raiding in the first fully instanced expansion as enjoyable.

I love me some contradiction.
    Tinytinker likes this.
  8. Kortho23 New Member

I did 2 x2
  9. Nakander Journeyman

My group all voted for 3. Was going to vote for 2 but the forums changed our minds.

Hope they do both an option 2 and option 3 server though.
    Zoggzog likes this.
  10. bo0s New Member

any vote besides 'none' is a good one for now. i suspect that votes between the remaining options will be fairly split.
  11. Blingx Augur

I voted #4 x1. I have casual and hardcore experience.
    I did the original progression from '99 to OoW. (Casual play till PoP then hardcore raider from PoP - OoW)
    I did progression server 1.0 (Hardcore top guild raider)
    I poopsocked on that-which-must-not-be-named.

Seems everyone wants a new progression server, but the general consensus is that the servers that came before were crap(after a certain point).

Original EQ: This kind of experience was fun the first time through, it's your first taste, it's your best taste. You want the new server to taste the same.
    Progression: You want that feeling back and this server gave you a taste of it. Then it went stale. So you want to do it again but it's just gonna get stale again. Then what?
    Locked: It's similar to progression but it stops when the flavor is at it's peak. Unfortunately there's an expiration date, this too will get stale. (RE: That-which-must-not-be-named).Then what?

Here's what: You're gonna log off. You're gonna wait 3-4 years. Then you're gonna do it again.
    But why wait 3-4 years?

Seasonal Challenge: This isn't just a new taste, this is a package of new tastes. Sure there will be some that taste like excrement but there is bound to be at least one flavor that you like. Even if one of the flavors happens to be "Timed progression up-to X expansion". Followed by a reset and then a new or same taste the next season.

Who wants to eat spaghetti every single day for dinner? Have some variety. Spaghetti with meatballs, spaghetti that we stop cooking after 3min, spaghetti without defiant gear. It's all still spaghetti.

Conclusion:
    I think we should more seriously consider option 4 and discuss what it could be. Rather than talk about the other options because we already know what they will be.
    Topics of discussion:
    How long is a "season"? Till the challenge is complete? Beginning -> End : Spring/Summer/Fall/Winter?
    What different type of challenges will there be? Could there be? Project-M(mentioned earlier in the thread), Progression race(spaghetti), Single class server progression(spaghetti), Single race server progression(spaghetti), Pvp progression(spaghetti), hardcore mode, Most PvP kills, Most NPC kills(that give exp), Most NPC kills without dieing, etc.
    Prize/recognition? If that matters to you. Titles, Leaderboard standings, Special Items, a bowl of spaghetti, a day with the devs, Disney World tickets, a Tweet, etc.

It seems to me that option #4 has POTENTIAL to be a candidate for best server ever. But people need to at least talk about it more before throwing it out. The best part about it is that it changes.

Note:
    You can disregard this if you actually want spaghetti for dinner every night.
    Disclaimer:
    I do not endorse eating only spaghetti. Please eat responsibly.

tl;dr Choose and/or talk about #4, or else mom's spaghetti
    syko187 likes this.
  12. Argosh Augur

I can't vote because I do not currently have a DBG subscription but I would vote for a slower progression if I could. I would also play on a locked server but I would like to hear some more details first. If it's permanently locked, it wouldn't keep me interested forever but if it capped at a specific expansion, stayed in that era for a certain length of time and then reset to start over.. I could do that.
  13. Blingx Augur

Even though they have specified what option #4 is(currently), we can still discuss it and try to get more interesting options on the table. I still stand by what I said that a rotating server would be much better than a static server.
  14. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

Go for it. Start a "Seasonal Server Ideas" thread. I'm personally not interested in that idea, but it would be interesting to read what people are thinking that one might/could/should look like.
  15. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

If you can find a character on the account that was created before the vote went live, you should be able to vote. I don't have a subscription on any of mine, and was able to vote on them.
  16. jagarr Augur

17. Zoggzog Elder

#3 x2

The community has been clamouring for a locked server for, quite literally, years. One of the biggest arguments against this idea is that the server will eventually die. Perhaps that is true. However, how is that any different from previous TLP's? If it ever comes to the point where there aren't enough players to keep the locked server active, they can just close it, reset it, or merge it with another server like they do with everything else. In the meantime, they've milked a few more years of subs out of players that wouldn't have even been playing for free otherwise, like me.
    syko187 likes this.
  18. Oogabooga Journeyman

Not interested x4.
  19. Mezrah Augur

Hmmm

It has been 2 weeks since the poll first appeared, it would be nice to have some form of feedback as to how the poll is going...1 month for a poll does seem somewhat excessive.
  20. Machen New Member

Not interested will win by a landslide.

You guys vastly underestimate how many live players there are that don't want devs' resources taken away from live.