Welp, I'm retiring

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by RetiredRaider, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Risiko Augur

While I agree that a lot of people end up coming back after quitting, I would not doubt that there are people that will actually leave Everquest right now.

I mean, let's not candy coat things here. The unthinkable happened. Sony sold SoE to another company. Sony was a staple for this community for over fifteen years. Even when it was 989 studios, that was a subsidiary of Sony.

It is NOT alarming that people are seeing this as a bad sign for Everquest. Add in the fact that they got rid of customer support, and that just adds to the feeling that things are close to the end. I wouldn't blame anyone for leaving at this point.

I've been here since Kunark, and been to three Fan Faire events in Las Vegas (want proof, look at the badges under my avatar). So, I am not a new member to the forums, and I am saying that even I have questioned why I am playing Everquest anymore.

For me, Raign of Fear, Call of the Forsaken and The Darkened Sea are very poorly designed expansions. The last expansion I really liked and WANTED to play through was House of Thule.

Considering the quality of the last three expansions just weren't that good, how should I or anyone expect that the next expansion will be any better considering that the power and money of Sony is no longer behind Everquest?

When they are laying people off and getting rid of customer support, how can I have any trust that things will get better here in Everquest?

I can't. At this point, I am playing Everquest just to talk to friends. I'm grinding AAs and playing alts to enjoy House of Thule for the third time through. That's it.

When I run out of alts to play through House of Thule, I will likely hang it up. I'll check back to see if the next expansion is any good, but I have no reason to believe it will be.
    KC13 and Yinla like this.
  2. Geroblue Augur

Me to, but 3 of mine went back to silver. No incentive for me to pay anymore. I have a bit of SC in some of my accounts, and when that is gone, not buying any more.

And to think I almost popped for three one year paid accounts. Then TDS and the xp nerf, which will probably never affect any of my characters, happened.

So, why did the xp nerf bother me ? Because I saw how badly it effected the game. It should never have been put in, and it should be completely removed, not 'significantly removed'.
  3. Iila Augur

If your sig is correct for levels, I'm surprised you've payed at all for the past few years.
    Potawatomi and Devildawg like this.
  4. Saave Augur

Who are you ? name , server.
    Sorry to see you go .
  5. Necromonious Augur

This isn't a "get out now while I still can" sort of situation, like where people store up seeds and freeze-dried foods, claiming the real world economy is going collapse any day now. But it is along those lines. People like to claim that they knew "first", and warn everyone else. It's just human nature.

But there is nothing to warn, no benefit to claiming or announcing anything. And the vast majority of people who say they are leaving a MMO don't stay gone. So again, the point is kind of moot
  6. Ybidzian New Member

.Funny, I came back after three yrs away (approx)...was a raid necro for a few years but a change of job forced me out of that, and I couldn't imagine playing the grp game. Sooooo I rerolled a knight, came back to non-raid game with a merc and had a blast. Got to lvl 100 on my SK, then rolled a necro again. I guess I really am a necro, I love the game as much as ever. However, I find the idea of xp nerfs at 100 to be relly totalitarian. Talk about social engineeering!! You WILL enjoy our new expansion, whether you like it or not!!! So far I have rolled a wizard, a ranger and a bard. I anticipate getting them all to 100 before I roll a new class...probably a b/l or a pally because I have never played them much....but I hate the idea of people telling me where I HAVE to go to get to 105. The other zones still rock, it's still the same game, it's still a BLAST. I just refuse to HAVE to go to TDS to get xp, what crapola~!
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Devildawg Elder

Oh no. You leaving will ruin the game. That is clearly why you posted this, right?

You heard 'em, boys. Newanonymousmember01 has quit. The game shall never recover. Those of us still having fun with this 16 year old game and actually liking the way the game is going are doomed, because tomorrow we shall wake up and our group invite buttons will refuse to work. Raids will be bugged to only accept 3 players. Guild chat will cease to be sent/received. Our friend's characters will sporadically self-combust and be deleted, and we'll be forced to watch all of this. Because EverQuest is King's Landing and Stannis is at our gates.

....can I have your stuff?
    Tweelis, Necromonious and Aghinem like this.
  8. Aghinem Augur

I agree with you. I am not saying the OP has no merit to what they feel, but it seems like a growing trend for anonymous people making a new forum account just to announce they are leaving. Not certain if its intended to elicit negativity.
    Saave likes this.
  9. Abazzagorath Augur

People have done that since the origins of this game. People did that on Everlore for goodness' sake. Its a big deal to THEM to be quitting, and so they post. Don't read it if it bothers you.
  10. Geroblue Augur

Why would you be surprised ? Individual choice. And I have over 150 total characters on 5 accounts.
  11. Dre. Altoholic

Curious what your gripe with RoF is?
  12. Lazy automation Elder

My issue is if it means so much to them they should let us know who they are. If I were writing a goodbye letter id at least let people know who is sending it.
  13. Espiritun Augur

"Hey, before you go. Don't forget:
    1. Add a gamecard to your account for station Cash
    2. Login to your eq account at 4am from a different IP address
    3. Buy a server transfer token
    4. Transfer to FV
    5. Strip your character of all gear and give it to some random bazaar toon
    6. Delete your character

Cause apparently that's what people just do."

you forgot a few steps, so its easy to see why you're so confused.
    Brohg likes this.
  14. Espiritun Augur

"My old friend TC used to say, you'll be back. They always come back. "

No..no they don't...or else the player population would never have dive bombed (and not recovered) around GoD, and again so recently.
  15. Weverley Augur

People have such a short memory. Remember the free heroic character and how many came back.I read so many thread about ok where should i go play at 85 with heroic gear both in the forums and in game.Even as we speak on my server Luclin i still see people who have been gone for years coming back.I read often i went play other games but everquest is still the game i love the most.I'm thinking it's because so many games have so much toxicity just to have a nice community that help you is appealing.Don't forget also the number of zones in the games in game today a cleric ask i'm 52 where should i got to level from 52 to 70 and there was so many different answers its mind blowing .
  16. Tual Augur

I hung it up after playing since '99. The only way I'll pay or my 3 accounts, I wont go the FTP route, is if they undo the exp nerf. Rof is my favorite expansion, other than raiding VoA, and I refuse to pay to have my play style dictated to me, so, either reverse it, or go find a rope to urinate up.
  17. sojero One hit wonder

They pretty much have undone the nerf, they did that with the last patch.
  18. Lethandor_Cazic New Member

I'm just amused that since I haven't posted much since the new forums started I'm considered a newb again... WooT.

Lethandor
    The Grumpy old Mage of Cazic Thule
  19. Timbber New Member

Sadly l won't be far behind..., games just not doing it for me anymore. Maybe one of the reasons peeps are forum newbs is cause they dont really feel the need to deal with some if the dicks that seem to spend majority of their time posting here...Eq forums used to be a fun read, get over yourselves people can post whatever they want.
  20. Tyraxor Augur

Things are actually getting better after the "Daybreak" change.
    The XP nerf was almost completely reversed, right?

The "sorry we can't help hacked accounts" policy existed for a longer time, i remember it happened to a former guildie at least 3 months before Sony sold.
    Not sure why the blame goes to the new owners, this was all still "SoE" work.
    Same with the PoK changes...or do you really think they started this as "Daybreak"?

People need to think a bit before ranting about the new owners, so far "we" have been listened to and the probably 2 most important things have been reversed (Dzarn and XP nerf).
    I did quit under Sony, i might come back under the new management if i see bad decisions are being reversed or at least being worked on. Use your brains people, the pinnacle of crapness was reached long before the ownership changed.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.