Could I ask some advice please

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Thebleach, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Thebleach New Member

Hi all - I am looking for a game to play (playing wow at the moment and it's so boring). I used to play EQOLA and I miss it a lot. I have played EQ2 (some time ago) and it was good. However I actually miss the clunky graphics of EQOLA so thought I might give this game a shot.

1. Would I need to purchase all of the expansions?

2. Are there any European servers?

3. Would you recommend purchasing the all areas access?

4. I have about 10,000 in station cash - could I use this on this game?

5. Is the community good?

6. Is it the type of game where you get out what you put in (I like this) and not baby fed items and stuff etc.

Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.
  2. JacklSK Augur

1) Free to play has all but the latest 2 expansions available, so not right away
    2) Yes, Antonius Bayle (sp)
    3) yes if after playing for a few hours or evenings you are enjoying yourself
    4) Can use it in the EQ marketplace
    5) No idea on that server , on Cazic its pretty decent
    6) yes
    Yther and Rhaage like this.
  3. Roxxanna Augur

I would just add that with all that station cash, you might be tempted to buy a heroic toon. Don't do this. Play for awhile first. The heroic toons can be frustrating with all the new abilities that you won't know how to use. I've seen more than a few quit over it, play a toon to 60 at least before going heroic.
  4. Yther Augur

Antonius Bayle seems to be a good community. I never leveled up much there, but have several alts there. If your primary language isn't English, but some European alternative, they've probably got a guild or at least a group that speaks your language. I've talked to several that speak / type several languages (including English as I don't know any other language).

6: It is easier now-a-days, but you still have to work at it. Just not as many time-sinks, unless you are really wanting to do them. Cash flows quicker, but there's plenty of stuff to spend the extra cash on. Mostly they stream-lined the 1-70 level with mercenaries, globally dropped defiant armor, Hero's Journey achievements (series of quests) with defiant quality rewards and other features.

Welcome to the game, and hope you enjoy it .. and have good luck with the random number generator. :)

Yther Ore.
  5. Thebleach New Member

Thank you kindly for your responses - Time to give it a whirl :)
    Crystilla likes this.
  6. SomeEQGuy Elder

3) I wouldn't go all access right away even if you find this is the game for you. Play a few classes to find out what you like and then go all access. The restrictions for free-to-play don't kick in at the lower levels. At least till about 60ish when the tank merc stops being overpowered.
  7. Sebbina Augur

Actually at 61 players and their mercs can get buffed with level 95 spells, giving them a rather large edge for another 10 levels or so. If you log in and have Silver status there is no need to go All Access until you have gotten to 65 or 70, and since the 2 not for free expansions are level 100-105 there should be no rush to buy up to date. As suggested try out some classes to see what you like, as EQ1 is noticeably different from EQ2, although you will learn basics about each class, the serious side of each class doesn't show up so much until past 65 or so. The trick is to try and learn stuff, but, not at the expense of having fun while you do.
  8. Ultrazen Augur

The one piece of advice I would give you, is stick with it for a while. EQ has a lot of layers, and there are an absolute ton of things to learn. This is coupled with a very basic sort of game play early on, and can sort of be a double whammy.

EQ is a game that grows with your understanding of it. Give it some time to sink in, and really understand what is going on post level 50 or so, and you will be rewarded with the best game ever made. There is a *lot* of content to explore, and so much replay even in the first 60 levels. You could easily play the game for a year doing nothing but exploring the sub level 60 world.

Try and get yourself into a guild that accepts new players. Lots and lots of people in EQ are very friendly and helpful, so don't let the odd troll discourage you. If you need help with anything give me a shout here, I have characters on a lot of different servers, and would be happy to answer any questions etc!

Welcome to EQ!
    Ferry-Tunare and Borek-VS like this.
  9. Kodjak Lorekeeper