Game Update: Weds, Feb 25 @ 8:30 AM PST

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Roshen, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There have been a number of times when AB has been the only server not up after a patch has finished. Just patch AB first instead of last.

There is a reason US players play on AB....they play at our times.
    Ferry-Tunare likes this.
  2. baider Elder

no I would not like them to patch it so US server suffer, if they patched 2 or 3 hours earlier it would be the MORNING in the US and late afternoon for most AB players not effecting anyones raid or play time....
  3. thorongil7299 New Member

Thank you for trying to fix bugs
  4. Crystilla Augur

My guess?

With the reduced staff, we may not get those middle of the night 5-6am pacific patches anymore.
  5. Roshen Brand Manager

6. Fidde Lorekeeper

Where's the new exp potion? :)
  7. Iila Augur

Waiting for a special event and announcement to appear in the marketplace?
  8. Feradach Augur

Note that the intended duration is only two hours though. If all goes as scheduled the servers will only be coming online 30 minutes later than normal. Not exactly something to get worked up about.
  9. Silv Augur

That's kindof what I was thinking... no one wants to/is available to be there in case of server apocalypse at 4 AM.

And for those saying why should we expect an apology... yes, I appreciate patches and improvements to the game, however, when you set a precedent for 15 YEARS of doing something X way then have it changed to Z way twice in one week out of the blue, then yeah... that's kindof not cool. I mean, we don't have a choice, but that doesn't mean it's just ignorable and automatically forgivable. From here on I'll just expect this is the norm. Sure, there is no twilight zone time to patch where everyone will be happy but when the major populations are affected - that should be your measuring stick. What's the point of having a Euro server if you're going to patch during their primetime?

Anyhow, that aside, this is probably one of the best patches we have seen in a looooong time. It's essentially the patch that releases TDS how it should have went live. How Tita's Ghost went un-tuned for 4+ months is beyond me and that's just a start...

I'm *beyond* happy to see Geomantra and Mana Overburn fixes after all these years though. Now I have to find something new to complain about.
    Lisandra likes this.
  10. Tinok New Member

I could not agree more. That's why they should be patching 7 hours earlier than when they are. They're not taking their customer base into consideration at all here. Just show up to work and unplug the stuff after morning coffee.

I guess Daybreak isn't looking to improve customer relations or build any kind of good will. Guess they're interested in the opposite approach.
  11. Fendy Augur

Maybe they could try a staggered approach to patches. Send in changes in 10 minute increments over ten hours or so. The game would just seem laggy all day. When folks complain they would just tell us it's another DDoS attack. We're working on fixing it. Next day everything is fine again. This way all players in every time zone would be impacted equally. Everyone would be equally upset.
    Elricvonclief, Yinla and Muuadib like this.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No the server is coming down 30 minutes after it normally finishes.
  13. Giappo Augur

Two hours and you guys are whining? How about us that have been waiting for TWO YEARS for the 'next' progression server?

Now that it has been promised, when will Daybreak actually announce it's tentative date? Two days? Very doubtful. Two weeks? One would hope. Two months? I would certainly pray in desperation.

And you guys are complaining about two hours of a server being down? At least you guys have a server to play on.
  14. Cicelee Augur

There is no rule that guilds have to raid on Tuesday and Wednesday night. It is your choice to do so.

Today is my day off from work. At 9:30am my time, the servers are coming down for two hours. This is a great block of time for me when most of the server is at work, I can relax in game. I cannot do this now.

I think the 200 raiders of AB, who are "inconvenienced" like I am, should do what I am going to do for those two hours-

Calm down. Relax. Do something else in life. Be happy.
    Elricvonclief and Lisandra like this.
  15. Muuadib Journeyman

Without being sarcastic I would recommend doing what I did to appease my gaming mojo when servers are down.
    Find an alternative game that will satisfy your finger chiseling and monitor madness. As of yesterday I finally took my own advice and downloaded an downtime game to keep my hands from destructive tendency's when I'm home alone and Everquest is unavailable.
    For me it is world of tanks, somewhat mindless but strategy is still required so for now that will be my rawhide chew toy to keep me entertained while my primary love/addiction is unreachable.
    Although it isn't mentioned anywhere in the purchase packet, Downtime's, both predictable and otherwise is a part of Everquest and at times a very frustrating part but nonetheless it is part and parcel of this game.
    If you have played for more than a couple months you come to understand it. I agree it is a pita and every other fowl word that comes to mind but it is a pita that is required and none negotiable. Furthermore, as previously posted, good comes from it (mostly) so as the time honored adage goes, put on your big girl panties and suck it up because you have only 2 choices, accept it or do not.
    I hope you make the decision to accept it rather than move on because Everquest loves you, Everquest needs you more than you need it and lastly because without you there is no Everquest.
    So be patient as you have in the past and remember that your only this upset because you love this game as much as I do and hate to be kept apart from it.
    Hang tough sisters and brothers, keep fighting the good fight for our passion!

LONG LIVE EVERQUEST!!!
    Elricvonclief and Lisandra like this.
  16. Crystilla Augur

Kind of agree here. Folks, this game has been going on for 16 years next month. It's a monthly patch - and if you aren't used to the fact that for a few hours once a month you don't have access to the game. I don't know what to tell you other than a polite get over it.
    Lisandra, Zujilli and Meatball like this.
  17. Shebstaro-Swiftpaw New Member

people really need to get a grip when moaning about a 2 hour patch god back in the day we used to have to wait for 8 hours then if there had to be an emergancy patch to fix something then that could be another couple of hours.
    Lisandra and forbes77 like this.
  18. Thunderkiks Augur

I agree also, keep up the great work EQ. Yeah i remember the long patch times, two hours is nothing.
    Lisandra likes this.
  19. Peat Moss Journeyman

I think the simple solution is to do the updates half the servers at a time. That way it reduces downtime for people.

Still, this kind of sucks. 2-3 days in a row. The servers have been down for 10% of the time I paid for this month so far.
  20. Fendy Augur

28 days in February. 24 hours in a day. 672 hours divided by 10 is 67.2 hours. The servers have been down nowhere near 67 hours. Or did you only pay to play during certain hours of the day?
    Lisandra likes this.