[Quest] Mercenary Recruitment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rannie168, Feb 21, 2015.

1. Rannie168 New Member

I did this quest on 20th, Feb, 2015

I forgot that I had to hail the Mercenary Captain Cecille before making the final combine.
    The [Mercenary Signet Ring] had been crafted, but the quest didn't update and got stuck.

In my humble opinion, the purpose of this quest is to verify
    1. The player has 300 skill in all 7 basic trade skills.
    2. The player has camped all 7 quest items.

It should not be stuck by the sequence of NPC reporting and gating quest progress. So here I'd like to suggest revising the quest design, to make pre-combine.allowable, since the final quest item [Triumvirate Blood Stone] is not that easy to camp.
  2. Nolrog Augur

Did you try to /petition to get the items back so you could hail first?
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Rannie168 New Member

Yes, and GM replied as below

"I'm sorry to hear that you conducted the Mercenary Recruitment task out of order. Regrettably we will be unable to reimburse your items, and you will need to drop the task to conduct it again to receive the proper task updates. I apologize if this causes an inconvenience and thank you for your understanding."
  4. Iila Augur

Resubmit, be very clear about what you're asking for and why it's important.Ask to have the ring removed and the items (list names) returned so you can re-do that quest part correctly.

Probably would have been easier a month ago before the CS dept got nuked.
    Lisandra likes this.
  5. Rannie168 New Member

For example, the quest [Mercenaries for Hire] in tutorial zone Gloomingdeep
    The 1st object is to [hire a mercenary and speak to Elegist]
    However, even I've hired a Merc in PoK before taking this quest
    I can still hail Elegist and get quest progress update.
    I'd suggest that this logic can apply to quest [Mercenary Recruitment]
  6. Rannie168 New Member

By the way, GM encouraged me to post on the official game forums, said the developers often look to the forums for feedback on game content, so I post my suggestion here.