tanking chapterhouse

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Zyba, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Zyba New Member

What would be the min unbuffed stats (hp/ac) for a pally to tank chapterhouse with a chanter slowing, merc healer and maybe a boxed shaman for patch heals? Would like to set up for undead exp more so than named/gear farming and searching allakhazaam and eqresource it looks like this would be the best zone to shoot for.
  2. Brohg Augur

wowee that's a ton of support
  3. Dibab Augur

Well stats aside. Be maxed defensives, CA CS Shield block. Personally id recommend discordant defiance along w MPG trials. Id like to think 85k? Is doable in grp gear? For rof gear that is. If u can swing 8500-9k ac u should b safe imo
  4. Zyba New Member

Thanks, defensive aas go without saying. Really I can't find information about how hard they hit so I guess it's try and see or wait a few more levels til 100 and be sure I'll be fine.
  5. sojero One hit wonder

Pally can tank in Chapter house with decent augs (30+ ac in all),defensive AA, and all that support in RoF t1 gear, so as long as you have that, you should be fine.

My wive's pally was around 80k hp buffed and 8k ac when we first went in there and she did fine.
  6. Zyba New Member

Thanks Sojero, that's exactly what I was looking for. saying those are buffed stats is encouraging that I may not have to wait for 100 after all. Of course stuns would make it significantly easier if I did...
  7. Brohg Augur

Don't need 100 if you've been keeping up on your stuff. It's a tier 2 out of 4 zone in an expansion built for lv 96-100. If you're 95 and have all that support you described, just go for it. Enc+shm+cle merc ought to allow a ham sandwich to tank Chapterhouse at 95.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Serriah_Test Augur

Should be fine with you and your shaman healing and only with the triggered slow buff your sham can cast.
    Drop the cleric merc and load up on wiz mercs since you have a chanter and you'll be tearing through chapterhouse with no probs.
  9. Abazzagorath Augur

The issue with chapterhouse isn't single mobs, its the multiples. If you have an enchanter you can tank it easily with much less.
  10. Zyba New Member

Well, not quite 95 yet. Shaman further away still and the chanter can only mez to 98 so wouldn't want to rely on that. I'll give it a go in a couple more levels