TDS Warrior BP click

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Pwning, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Pwning Lorekeeper

I didnt see anything about this posted elsewhere in the 5 seconds I took to look....but this is seriously the dumbest click I've ever seen, probably out of every class.

We're tanks, not dps...I honestly cant think of any reason why a 16 charge, 12500 DD on a 10 minute timer, locking out much more useful, tank-like abilities, would ever be useful or make any kind of difference.

Take a look at our tanking counter-part abilities for example:

SK http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=41430

PAL http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=41407

and ours... WAR http://spells.eqresource.com/spells.php?id=41391

Really? equal or less single target damage than the other two, nevermind that the other two do that much or more damage to up to 4 targets, AND the SK one heals for half the damage inflicted. We arent even a DPS class! We had a heal back in TDS, why not an updated version...wars thrive on combat, perhaps some sort of bloodlust that heals when surrounded my more mobs, not unlike the SK one, or runes, i dont know...but straight up weak single target damage, for a war bp? So stupid...

/rant off
    Dueceduece and Bandien like this.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

All three do the same maximum amount of damage. SKs get a benefit for some unknown reason that neither other tank does (the heal). It was brought up in beta and blown off.

War = 16x12500 = 200000
    Pal/SK = 20x10000=200000
    Maedhros likes this.
  3. guado Augur

I was told that it's good for aggro. But it shouldn't lock out other defensive clicks.....

I'm not saying I use the Click on my war. But, it's purpose is aggro, not DPS. Not that it's even an important click to use.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

A lot of classes have gotten bp clicks lately that are inferior for their main role than prior ones. For my rogue I'm still using the RoF t4 raid click, since the last two expansions lifetap poison proc crap and a defensive type click are both *less* dps.

I like that they're changing it up each expansion for some, even if it means the new clicks are selective case use only.
  5. Kamea Augur

The click on old BPs became a useless line for raiders, since it raises the damage you take when you have shining on you vs hard hitters. I assume this is why they changed the line.

The bigger problem is, the devs seemingly settled on the idea of giving warriors more and more mitigation abilities, and we're at the point where we really need something else.

For a reason that makes absolutely no sense to me, devs have a big aversion to giving us right out runes, that work like real runes and not this backdoor 15-100% mitigation. They won't give us defensive heals, lifetaps, weapon heals, or runes, so they really limit how they go about 'upgrading' our class.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

Know what would be cool? A 2-minute, 5k rune with 400 counters and a 5 minute recast so I could alternate it with No Time to Bleed.
  7. Maedhros High King

The nice thing about your kick is that it wont break mez.
    So many of these TDS raids we are mezzing stuff, and cannot use the swords as they break mez.
    That totally ticked me off. I was told the Paladin bp clickie was inferior to the SK one intentionally.
  8. Kamea Augur

That'd cause the same problem as NTTB and the old BP click.... shining dilutes the benefit of mitigation abilities.

What I'd prefer is this. A buff that offensively procs a 10k rune up to 20 times, a real rune, not something that conflicts with shining, NTTB, etc (aka absorb damage, not yet another mitigate damage ability.)
  9. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I see what you did there. Perhaps the Decrepit Skin, Ward of Tunare and Skin of the Reptile nerfs of ~Omens era can be reversed via a bp clicky as well, while we're at it :).

While I agree on principle, doesn't seem like a huge deal, since the difference is in self healing only, and in that arena there isn't a ton of balance between any of the 3 tank classes in the first place. A small group heal for pal and rune for war would make sense, or halving the dps of the sk one like they always do with lifetaps since they "do 2 things at once".
  10. Pwnography Augur

As Kamea said, the current state of the Warrior class includes too many "Mitigate Melee Damage by XX", none of which stack with each other. You're trying to deal with Shining Defense, Brace for Impact, BP, NTTB, et cetera. The problem is the highest % takes precedence, even if it is to your detriment.

For example, NTTB Rk. III is 100%, which effectively overwrites any existing ability such as Shining (10%). Unfortunately, it's capped at 3416 Damage, so any hits in excess of 34,160 would benefit from Shining Defense instead. When we look at Brace for Impact sitting at 16%, we see that number reduces dramatically. In that situation, Brace for Impact is preferable on any hit over roughly 21k. So, by clicking NTTB when Brace for Impact is active, you're likely screwing yourself in a raid situation if your goal is to help mitigate those bad rounds.

When it comes to the Flowing Etheric BP with "Warrior's Instinct," you're looking at a 35% with a cap at 2400 max per hit. This will overwrite Shining AND Brace for Impact, resulting in you very frequently taking more damage than you ever would have on any current raid target simply by clicking what you believed to be an extra defensive. Let's take a normal, 40k hit from a raid boss as an example:

BP Click: 37,600 NTTB: 36,584 Shining: 36,000 Brace: 33,600

In any situation where you're wanting to avoid even a medium spike, you're going to have a bad time with the BP. It's going to override your Shining and/or Brace. Keep in mind that Brace for Impact lasts 18:04 and has a refresh time of 15:00 with 70 proc counters. Each proc lasts for two ticks, meaning a decent 14-minute of 15 minute up-time in ideal situations. It should be the first thing you click for any event, because chances are it's going to last that entire event.

Personally, I find the BP to be more detrimental than good, as people click it willy-nilly thinking it'll help and it just results in them taking more damage. I can only think of very, very rare occasions when this could be beneficial - your NTTB is down, Brace is down, you just got rezzed and your tank line is collapsing -- you haven't got a new Shining yet before you zerg in to save the day. I.e., I don't even know why I keep it around at that point. It's a button that rarely, if ever, gets touched. When used in any other situation, you're just doing more harm than good. Just some food for thought.
    Brohg likes this.
  11. Ravengloome Augur

Lifetaps actually do 3 things at once Sheex

Aggro Healing DPS
  12. Dre. Altoholic

I understand that anti-rounding is critical for raiding. I'd imagine abilities more like Auspice might be better suited to that.

NTTB coverage is a bigger issue for me on the group side. The constant ramp-up and ramp-down of healing required is silly.
  13. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Shrug, you know what I meant.
  14. Pwning Lorekeeper

Point is: We arent a DPS class. We don't need help with aggro. This click is completely stupid, and inferior compared to the other tank classes. I would MUCH prefer even the paladin click, which summons a pet that effectively rampages on a fixed number of targets until its out of charges. Fire and forget, AE damage.

Our weak points as I see them are twofold: Healing, and AE aggro. Yes, I know we arent knights, but I still feel as though we ought to have SOME manner of healing. And yes, I know we have wade in battle, AET, and the cyclone line. I still feel that we're lacking in the AE aggro dept. If this click created a pet for instance that spammed some sort of AE aggro for the tank, like our projection/phantom, but AE, OR did some sort of healing, I think I'd be much more satisfied.

Right now it feels like it was an afterthought.
  15. Aelen Augur

If the Warrior proc works like most procs, and crits, then the fact that warriors have Ingenuity and Empowered Ingenuity should increase it's rough damage by about 25%, making it the most damaging. By a larger margin if ya have auspice or something going, or if you regularly group with bards or druids.

Granted the crits won't increase the aggro the proc generates, just the damage. Still, that many high base nukes firing off is a lot of aggro anyway. Particularly for a class that has mods to increase aggro, not decrease it.

If the swarm pets the SK and pally have work like most pets, they won't inherit critical hit properties from the main class, making them do static damage. If they work like the magician swarm clickies, they'll even be susceptible to dying to an AE before they do all of their damage.

Also, most pets don't transmit the aggro they generate to the caster when the pet dies--do these? If not, they're an inferior aggro tool too--or not one at all, really.

SK one gets some points for healing.

BP clickies usually don't do a lot.
  16. Ravengloome Augur

lol I was just messing with you dude. Yeh I knew what you meant :p
    Sheex likes this.
  17. Maedhros High King

Yes this is all correct. I have never ever seen the swords hit for more than 7500. Dont have the raid Bp yet, but would be shocked if it was different other than the extra dmg per hit. Also the swords die to ae rampage and pbae quite often.