A Guide beyond the rift DEFINITIVE REQUIRENTS

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nickster86, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Nickster86 Elder

So today I had the day off work and spent it doing all the CoTF missions to get my mage the alt Hero's Calling. I did all missions with the exception of tower of torn. I had planned for my final mission to to A Guide Beyond the rift due to how easy it is. Despite having all of those missions done I was unable to request the mission. First I went to allah and checked there. then I started to Google why I am not getting the mission. What I am not thrilled about is the lack of a uniform walk through of just what the requirement One person posts Yes to one thing then get you see a reply telling them just how wrong they are. Now guildmates have talked me into doing first 3 partisan of Argin Hizz trying to say this requires. So PLEASE Devs tell us just exactly needs to be done so that the mission Guide Beyond the rift can be done So please will a dev take their time to post on this thre EVERY requirement need to run this task so that any and all confusion mate be cleared up

(PS), I checked to make sure that I was not invis, made sure I was not in another mission or HA. I also made sure that anyone in group dropped if the had the flag for completing the event. So PLEASE devs, let everyone know what they must do in order to be flagged to get this task. Everything I come across conflicts with something I would read 5 minutes beforehand. Thank you in advance
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I hope you get your answer but I think this is the kind of stuff we are supposed to somehow figure out ourselves.

In the past we have been lucky with all the various sites and uber gamers who figure this stuff out and post to the sites. Older eq gets the fewer uber gamers are posting the strats and lists of things we have to do such as this. It may be time for Daybreak to leak some of this stuff out.
  3. Melanippe Augur

4. Riou EQResource

Main problem is it was changed mid Beta and the requirements were never updated, since most people (or at least the ones that do content fast) were already done there wasn't really anyone left to try from 0 quests done and try after every single one. Then there are like 50 progression related quests + missions in CotF and it can potentially be any combo of them :p
  5. Cerris Augur

You need Argin-Hiz Partisan and both Argin-Hiz missions to request. I went through the flagging process quite recently on a character who had done very few other missions in CoTF and was quite surprised by how little is actually needed.

You can get the mission with other people in group who have already done the task, as long as it wasn't in the last six hours.
  6. Nickster86 Elder

Today I was able to complete my aug and will explain how it came about:
    -My toon had almost no merc tasks done
    -All missions done except for fall of lord bayle
    -I went and did Argin-Hiz partisan. I did ONLY up until halfway through task three (The Keepers ring).
    -I will confirm this works because I hailed dragon right before task three and was denied. I continued the task and waited until I was granted the expedition. I considered that to be my halfway point and zoned and tried to get the task and it was then granted.

So to confirm for any unsure what to do, Argin-Hiz partisan IS REQUIRED but only halfway through The Keepers Ring. You need to do your missions BUT YOU DO NOT NEED TOWER OF ROT.