For Fun - The Ultimate Group

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by silku, Jan 12, 2015.

1. TibalMurphy Elder

Shadowknight
    Shaman
    Bard
    Beastlord
    Berserker
    Rogue

This group can make anything and everything dead in group content. I personally ( in group content) prefer SK over war for tanking.
  2. Silentchaos Augur

MR/Wildspark shares a thing with hedgewizard.

The big advantage of having a bard in a raid wiz group is it extends their 100pct crit rate burn by 90 seconds. Auspice+bard epic+iog+chanter 3rd+wiz base critrate > 100pct. Take the bard epic out and theres no way to get to 100pct out of the gate without using PD or AD or intensity.

Thats in a raid setting. You don't have the auspice in a group setting unless youre wasting group slots with a bunch of support classes when you're better off with more wizards.
  3. Barper Lorekeeper

In that case
    Warrior
    Cleric
    Enchanter
    Mage
    Mage
    Wizard
    is how we did Battle Royal, took like 15-20 minutes
  4. silku Augur

Not seeing a lot of people choosing a paladin as a main tank, are they weaker than the other three in the group game? I know that they seem to be very sought after in the raid world.
  5. Repthor Augur

pallys are great tank but if u look at all the ppl posting their groups they are focuseing of higher dps output, paladins just dont have that unless your killing undead things or wile they are popping all burns
    silku likes this.
  6. Ravengloome Augur

Are you confusing paladins and warriors Rept?
  7. Leex Pewpewer

Raid game is really different from the group game. Pallies just yield very low DPS and their tanking isn't that of a Warrior, not sure if it's still like this but I remember SK's being able to out tank Pallies due to their massive AC as well. So it would make sense in a group content mission to use the Warriors and SK's over Pallies.

Also, I've always had horrible experiences with Paladin tanks vs Warrior or SK in group content. Not that all Paladins are bad, just the ones I've met on Luclin ;)..( well most )
    silku likes this.
  8. Repthor Augur

not at all
  9. Ravengloome Augur

That seems odd. I have never had these paladin problems.
    Elricvonclief and silku like this.
  10. silku Augur

I regularly group with a paladin. I'd say in the long run the small dps difference in him and an sk, is not going to make or break a group. The paladin heals very well and in some content we don't even need another healer, he just heals himself. The warrior though seems much smoother in how much damage he takes, not as many spikes. The sks? They seem less capable to me (and that just may be the particular sks I group with.) They do more damage, but they don't tank as well.
  11. Iila Augur

When I'm the only healer in a group, I would much rather have a knight than a war. Being self sufficient for a bit while I debuff, or am stuck in the part of my heal cycle that forces me to cast a few of my slower heals in a row is a huge boon. I'm going to be casting 2 or 3 2.2sec heals in a row at some point, if a war gets spiked hard at that point, there's not much I can do. But a knight has self heals to help cover my gaps.

I personally like SKs, because black wolf has some nice synergy with lifetaps. But paladins are really good for being able to cover all their own healing for a while if needed, plus some group healing.
    Sheex and silku like this.
  12. Brohg Augur

My "group", having gotten through to Combine Dredge so far (I take my time :p), so including the first two "tier 3" TDS zones, is patchy group-geared warrior Szilent tanking with patchy group-geared shaman bot Brohg solo healing on alt+tab with two wizard mercenaries set to Burn (no doodling around, just always Burn) for dps. There have been spots where I've pined for additional speed through mob hp bars, and spots where a third 1sec heal option on the shm would have made things more comfy, but so far nothing's actually stopped me.

Given a level of game knowledge even remotely in the ballpark of reasonable, it's pretty hard for me to imagine any group of six players (I guess that includes someone with any healing spell) being less than inestimably puissant in group content. What's ultimate, when you can check all the checkmarks already?

My ideal group is full of characters with players behind them that I want to be around.
  13. Obiziana Augur

What would ya'll think about 3 pallies + 3 sks? Sk can rotate their epic and all their taps, etc. Pallies can splash, heal, cure... not a ton of DPS but I'd think they'd survive just about anything and keep wackin away at stuff.
  14. Seldom Augur

Not surprising that vast majority is going with wars/sk's. Both those classes have received actual power ups. Paladins have received nerfs. If for no other reason, the gigantic difference in the easy mode aggro Wars and Sks both share over a paladin in single and AE make them far more desirable in many scenarios.
  15. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

The advantage to sk currently is aggro for fast and multi pulling groups - in the group game it's decent. The tradeoff is borderline uselessness in the raid game. Most of our versatility has pretty much been farmed out.

Dps between tanks is similar so that not really an issue.

Self healing Pal is still a good bit ahead (sustained, yes zombie+epic is a lot for 90 seconds), plus they can heal/cure others where war can't and sk barely do at all other tha epic click or a few procs or weak, long reuse discs.

It all depends on content, the rest of the group and play style. If boxing a war is probably easier since they don't have cast time or interruptions the way Knights do. As Illa rightly pointed out though, depending on who's healing, having self heals can be a huge situational boon.
  16. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

Don't forget the raw unadulterated power of skin to vines and plant bane dots! Beware the SK Druid duo of Doom. Doooooooom!
  17. Kamea Augur

This is rather new info (ie one of the post-TDS patches):

In a group with high aggro members, a dual wielding warrior would significantly more sustained DPS than a pally, and depending on aDPS setup, possible notably more than a SK. In a melee focused group, warrior sustained DPS is actually quite significant. We lack good burns, but our undisced auto attack DPS is quite high compared to other undisced melee classes.
  18. Fantomah Journeyman

I'm 15 years in; I'm not a "new member."
  19. silku Augur

What he meant is not how long you've been playing, but how long you've been posting. Under your name it says "New Member."
  20. Ravengloome Augur

Unless you guys are sustaining 25k+ now you aren't beating SK's on sustained. Especially in a multi mob scenario where they can use their AE damage.