Heroic Adventure Loot tuning

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rhaage, Jan 12, 2015.

1. Rhaage Augur

Can a review of the heroic adventure named loot be added to the list of tasks for the next expansion please?. Here is why I believe it should be modified.

In static zones, the mobs spawn with their loot and could be up and killed by any number of players / groups, getting a no-trade item that my class can't use is just part of the luck of the draw.

But HA's are instanced zones, when the named spawns, the game knows there are only certain players who could possibly loot any drop from that named.

So I take my Necro & Shaman and we successfully kill Deathcaller Xylok and both of the two times we've gotten a drop neither class can use. Leaping Girdle of Speckles and Guardian's Jeweled Ring. I've killed the named, and looting something I can't use, can't sell, can't do anything with but destroy.

Please consider the following alternatives:
    • drop items that classes in the adventure can use
    • drop items that can be traded if they do not match the classes in the zone
    • allow me to turn in the no-trade items obtained during the quest in exchange for additional marks of valor, or etc.
  2. Vlerg Augur

Unfortunatly, I don't think EQ architecture allow such thing.
    It's would also be easily exploitable ( stack wizard-mages in a group in order to get splinter of potency in karana HA's...)

Pretty sure that's why currency / token have been added ; even if the named didn't drop anything useable, you still reliably get something you can use off that heroic ( and visible armor piece are useable by every class).
  3. Numiko Augur

Actually they are worth about 8K tribute, so do not destroy them!

But i do sort of agree, plus i would like to see 105 level items drop from the named as mobs scale up to 105, but the loot does not.
  4. Ploww Lorekeeper

I've been killing on my lvl 90 toons, and named in HA's drop lvl 90 gear from the merchants in WK. So far its been an item my class can use every time also!

So it can be done.

Edit: I've seen this in multiple bixie and wk Ha's.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I've always felt that instances should always check and only drop loot that can be used by the classes in them.
  6. SaderakhBertox Augur

I like it the way it is. The drop rate would have to be reduced in order to balance it out. Some classes stack better with others of the same class. Think about the quests that drop a piece for everyone in group that needs it. If I box multiple characters to do a quest for 1 character, then I'm going to pick up the quest for all of them even though they don't need it, so I get to the finish line faster.

Having old loot scale up slams head first into the whole reason they put the lockouts on the cotf HAs / exp nerfs etc.
  7. Axxius Augur

There are different loot tables for different level ranges for the CotF HA's, from lv 75 to lv 100. But there isn't one for lv 105, and I doubt there ever will be. SOE is not interested in making CotF HA's more attractive to the players. They tried to flat out kill all pre-TDS content already and force everybody into TDS - if that's any indication.

After all, grinding CotF HA's "is not really a fun experience", and they want you to move on.
  8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I don't see the correlation here. Why would the drop rate have to be reduced?

Are you trying to say that the Devs want loot to rot if you don't have a good mix of classes rather than it just being an unfortunate by-product?
  9. Crystilla Augur

Yes, they've said that publically. They don't want loot to be handed out too easily and it was during the old DoDH expansion (where you were guaranteed a drop the first time you did it that you needed).